Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools (37699 Views)

Woman Recounts How She Almost Lost Her Two Kids From School's Negligence / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive / We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by adren(m): 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
see buhari handiwork

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by kaen1317: 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
APC & PMB are adjusting and eating all their electoral promises. They seem unable to deliver on any

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by DTOBS(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
What more can we say?

We just have to brace up for the hard times, the mistake has been made.

Some one should please convert this to cartoon and send it to Buhari through Garba shehu and Femi adesina that #changehasbeganwiththecitizens, they've started withdrawing their children from private schools, he should do the same.

His mission is been accomplished little by little

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Chienex24(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
tomorrow news will be; private schools shutting down due to lack of funds and fewer students........

Buhari, I dey hail ooooo!

5 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Ugosample(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Standing5:
Before the hate filled folks hijack this and spin it against their political opponents, this development is no fault of the present govt.

Whose fault is it then

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by omoijesa(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
What a pity,this man 'BULLhari has really turn the whole of the country to total shambles,there is so much hunger in the land.ur stupid govt need 2 act fast and restore us back to our factory settings

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by jonaboy: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
I believe it is in the interest of the proprietors of these public schools to reduce the fees they charge instead of increasing it. If they keep increasing fees they will suffer the most in the long when many parents withdraw their kids from these schools.
Maintaining or reducing the current fees will encourage parents to maintain their kids in the schools, but increasing will lead to a mass exodus which will in turn lead to a great decline in the income of the school proprietors.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by madapcmod: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
I pray the recession hit the afonjas real hard to reset their sentiment filled oblong heads.

Una never see anything yet. We are in it together, let's see who survives

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by vislabraye(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
nnachukz:
When they were casting their votes, they believed it was to better the lives of their children. They never knew the reverse was what they were doing. Like my neighbor's son, each time I ask him Gbenga aren't you going to school today? He will just reply my mom said I will start next term. Hmm he was in school before, I don't know what happened.

But people are travelling to London and America. How can there be recession ? I'm sure the press in collaboration with Pdp are responsible for these lies tongue .

4 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by unite4real: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
The question on my mind is WHAT LEAD TO THE PROLIFERATION OF PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA. the answer lies on whom to blame.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by BABANGBALI: 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nairaland is next,very soon people no go get money to buy data again. Seun and lala will now go back to farm grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by hectorswag(m): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
You guys should try and understand that the present predicament we're in isn't the fault of the current government. The previous government - PDP was spending the oil money it made on recurrent expenditures with no investments, so now that ooilprice is down & limited we're suffering it.

Buhari's government is doing everything it takes to diversify the economy & invest in infrastructures which would last and boost productivity, that's why you see construction and roads & railways renovations going on everywhere. Once these things are in place the government would be able to move those tomatoes and other agricultural products that are rotting away to places where they can be easily processed. That's the strategy!

So please be patient with the government. Also if it's job you seek, there's currently a need of workers in the construction and agricultural sectors because those are the main areas this government is investing in. You can look for opportunities in those areas. I wish you all the best!

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/AsoRock/status/773826586428801024/video/1

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by flokii: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
They should hold PEJ.. Shameless woman still wants extra 200 million

It is well with our dear country
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Handsomecole(m): 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
Personally I see nothing special in private schools. Most of them lack the impartation of morals into these young ones. There are very good public schools around that instil discipline in your children.
I'm a product of public education from my primary and secondary till University. And will all sense of humility competed well and was way above my mates who attended private schools.
In my secondary school days we had masters and even PhD holders as teachers and they taught us excellently well most especially my English Teachers.
The part I love most is the aspect of discipline cutting of grass, carrying of blocks, washing of toilets, mass flogging, etc.
Your head go "correct" well and you will learn to respect your older ones.

#ProudlyPublic

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by greatermax77(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
People voted for this most clueless government & people are still suporting all their useless policies. While all their children are abroad studying, the future of the children of their teeming suporters is blink.
They are not only killing us, but also killing the future of our children. Thunder fire them all.

8 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by ekpesa(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
I even de contemplate which school I'll change my daughter to. This economy is not funny.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by BlindAngel: 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
bezimo:
[/b]
The bolded is needed before things get "worsest".
. . Gbammmmmm %100

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Rick9(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
APC una try oh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by adconline(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
vislabraye:

But people are travelling to London and America. How can there be recession ? I'm sure the press in collaboration with Pdp are responsible for these lies tongue .
What a product of congenital idiocy! Why are they running to US and UK if Naija is paradise??
Pre-recession, 1000 people used to travel, now in recession, only 200 people travel. Btw, when was the last time somebody in ur household traveled to UK/USA??

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by kettle84(m): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Flexherbal:
When will this recession end?
Na only us never increase the price of out heral tea for men.
it will end when you all who voted the Daura President come out emass and protest against his incompetence

9 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Thobiy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
E don happen

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by sukkot: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
thats good news. wasting all that money just to learn ABC
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by juman(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
The clueless apc lacks wisdom of what to do to salvage the country.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by repogirl(f): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Na wa. Heavenly economy, is you I depend on o, not this useless Buhari economy.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by fishbone11(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Standing5:
Before the hate filled folks hijack this and spin it against their political opponents, this development is no fault of the present govt.
Just shut up if u don't have anything to say.

6 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by kettle84(m): 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
hectorswag:
You guys should try and understand that the present predicament we're in isn't the fault of the current government. The previous government - PDP was spending the oil money it made on recurrent expenditures with no investments, so no that oil is down & limited we're suffering it.

Buhari's government is doing every it takes to diversify the economy & invest in infrastructure which would last and boost productivity, that's why you see construction and roads & railways renovations going on everywhere. Once these things are in place the government would be able to move those tomatoes and other agricultural products that are rotting away to places where they can be easily processed.

That's the strategy! So please be patient with the government. Also if it's job you seek, there's currently a need of workers in the construction and agricultural sectors because those are the main areas this government is investing in.
enough of the blame game.it was this same APC that pressured Jonathan into using the excess crude and he left some to the current government. this government need to Marshall out plans to check the problems. enough of blames

7 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
This unknown author just made my day.

STATE OF THE NATION..

I have been following closely the activities of this government and whenever I have the opportunity, I try to find out the opinions of people as regards the performance of this government. I just realized that the hardship faced by many Nigerians is simply as a result of the fact that almost everyone of us benefited from the cycle of corruption.
The bricklayer, plumber, laborers, tiler are all complaining because building construction has slowed down massively cause the thieves no longer have money to spend on real estate.
The car dealers are grumbling because their cars are begging for buyers. Thieves can no longer spend wastefully.
The private school owners are shouting because parents can no longer pay outrageous sums and are withdrawing their wards. I was shocked when I learn that in a popular private University in Abuja, parents are writing undertaking at the account section for their children to be allowed to write exams... and it goes on and on.
The fact is, a lot of people are returning to what someone referred to as ''default mode''.We mostly have been living above our REAL MEANS. We have been staying in houses that ordinarily our incomes can't afford. Our children going to schools we can't afford. Driving cars we ordinarily can't maintain.
We have been living a FAKE LIFE all along. Now the reality is before us and we don't want to accept it. This shows how morally bankrupt we are.

You can't eat your Cake and have it. TAKE NOTE........"GOD HELP AND BLESS NIGERIA"

You got billions from bank without collateral using your political influence. You put half into your business and spent the other half on exotic cars, jewelries' etc. Your business employs 100 people normally. You get illegal waivers and concessions to import raw materials at rock bottom prices, you get over-inflated contract to supply government some goods your company produce....in short your company is kept afloat by corruption.
Now the new Sherriff in town say no more ridiculous waivers, no more inflated contracts, no more bank loans without collateral, in fact its time you or your company pay off the billions of debt owed.....AMCON takes over your company, staff are laid off......And you go on air and say the new sheriff is killing business and causing unemployment..
The truth is....you and your company were never in business, you were only feeding off the system. Too many companies and banks are funded by corruption. Remove corruption from the system and they collapse.......and we end up blaming the person that removes corruption for the collapse of the corruptly run fake company.
Its like our system and corruption are so interwoven and inseparable that removing one will kill the other. Maybe we should tolerate and learn to live with corruption so that Nigeria can survive?

6 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by osile2012: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=18pt]wahala .[/size]

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by 4wrd9ja: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:
Hmmmm.... And he's been flying and maintaining his planes with billions of naira while average Nigerians die in hunger!

Who's gonna be our Babangida to overthrow him this time around?
There won't be any babangida this time,the first time was because he forced himself on. the nation through a coup,that was why he was forced out but this time you guys voluntarily gave him power so you should voluntarily change him after all change begins with you, you can put pressure on your representatives to impeach him or wait till 2019 to vote him out .He holds the record of the only president to lead this great country into two recessions at two different times, that speak volume. so solution is undo what you have done

4 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by venom13(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Una never see anything yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by piusjoe(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
What becomes of the children? Stay at home or enroll for substandard education?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria 'UNN' Dropout Made A Lecturer By Hong Kong University / Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Admission List / UNIABUJA Students That Died In Motor Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.