Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools (37702 Views)

Woman Recounts How She Almost Lost Her Two Kids From School's Negligence / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive / We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by SycophanticGoat: 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
sekundosekundo:
Pls stop reasoning like a spoon fed child. The economic recession of 1984 was caused by who?. I can't imagine myself standing under the Sun or rain to cast my vote for an ancestor who have not invested in any meaningful thing since he was born. You should be ashamed that an ancestor is your President.

How do you expect someone like that to be ashamed? All those bigoted and tribalistic elements supporting this government would have voted for Boko Haram leader Shekau if he was in APC..

I'm saying this because there's actually no difference between Shekau and the other person that ensured over a thousand dogs and baboons were soaked in blood because he lost an election, someone that jailed and eliminated so many people (who told him the truth or criticized his government) during his tyrannical military rule and someone that openly supported Shekau and his boys by claiming that an attack on boko haram was injustice to the north..

If you doubt what I typed just now, ask mynd44

4 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by BBYYOLA: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
PMB's campaign on 'change begins with me" has really commenced yielding fruitful results. Al those ppl that looted public funds to send their kids and wards private schools have start feeling the change mantra of PMB.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Decryptor(m): 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hehehehe!Una never JAM! For those praying for a Babangida to come and overthrow Buhari, your prayers are in VAIN! Because after another Babangida comes, then another Shenekon may follow, then another Abacha, and then another Abdulsalam, then another OBJ, followed by another Yar'Adua, then when another GEJ comes, y'all will still forget this Buhari Recession for the second time and probably vote for his younger brother or son whose name is Buhari and still be chanting "Sai Buhari, Sai Baba".

God is punishing Nigeria for the decision of the largely North and South West during the polls!

Glad i was not part of those who brought this evil into this present leadership!

#Proudly5%

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by willibounce1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nigerians just be exaggerating everything. There is recession and people are buying rams up and down for salah. They are travelling from one place to another for salah. The same people who claim there is no money. Go to the smallest bar in this country every Friday to Sunday, you'll see people drinking beer, rum, vodka, wine like water.
Every Saturday, them dey do wedding and all kinds of party, but they will still come out to shout recession, even people wey no know th meaning of recession go dey shout.

IPhone 7 don come out now, the crase people wey dey shout recession go follow buy. A lot of people in this country a just full of shi.it... that is not to say some ppl aren't suffering. Even when the economy was buoyant, ppl still suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by lohresloco: 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Well APC was voted in by majority of lagos, they should live with it...... Nigerians deserve their leaders
sinaj:
Hmm

It's nt easy o!

Things r just getting tough everyday

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by assana: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dino I know not, let this recession just pass away.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by lazeal: 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
hectorswag:
You guys should try and understand that the present predicament we're in isn't the fault of the current government. The previous government - PDP was spending the oil money it made on recurrent expenditures with no investments, so now that ooilprice is down & limited we're suffering it.

Buhari's government is doing everything it takes to diversify the economy & invest in infrastructures which would last and boost productivity, that's why you see construction and roads & railways renovations going on everywhere. Once these things are in place the government would be able to move those tomatoes and other agricultural products that are rotting away to places where they can be easily processed. That's the strategy!

So please be patient with the government. Also if it's job you seek, there's currently a need of workers in the construction and agricultural sectors because those are the main areas this government is investing in. You can look for opportunities in those areas. I wish you all the best!

Source: https:///xviH6rP8xo
@emboldened, really?
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Odani: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
nnachukz:
When they were casting their votes, they believed it was to better the lives of their children. They never knew the reverse was what they were doing. Like my neighbor's son, each time I ask him Gbenga aren't you going to school today? He will just reply my mom said I will start next term. Hmm he was in school before, I don't know what happened.

When will pipo put politics aside and face d real problem .low oil price and our inability to forsee it is d major csuse of this recession and even Angola who is d highest oil producer in Aftica is in recession not to mention venezuela also. rather than blame one person/ party we shud think of ways to survive b4 d economy gets better and believe me no country stays in recess for ever,they always bounce back with d right economic policies. America faced their worst recession in 2008 which we were all aware of. So pls stop d propaganda neither buhari nor Jonathan is responsible for our problems,it was inevitable even if Obama is d president of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by aribisala0(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nigerians are selfish and only interested in themselves. If there are no private schools everyone will fight to raise the standard of public schools but people think if I have money I will sort myself out and the others can do what they like. If I have money I will buy Gen,If I have money I will drill a borehole and so on.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by DeRay98(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
Handsomecole:
Personally I see nothing special in private schools. Most of them lack the impartation of morals into these young ones. There are very good public schools around that instil discipline in your children.
I'm a product of public education from my primary and secondary till University. And will all sense of humility competed well and was way above my mates who attended private schools.
In my secondary school days we had masters and even PhD holders as teachers and they taught us excellently well most especially my English Teachers.
The part I love most is the aspect of discipline cutting of grass, carrying of blocks, washing of toilets, mass flogging, etc.
Your head go "correct" well and you will learn to respect your older ones.

#ProudlyPublic
Many private schools especially in Lagos are overpriced. They have been exploiting the rush to private schools to annually increase their fees. After this recession everybody's eye will be opened and they will know to react to future increases in their fees

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by hectorswag(m): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
lazeal:
@emboldened, really?

Yes really, however not to sound too dismissive, the previous government invested very little in capital projects and it didn't do much in diversifying the economy either. They were more focused on spending the oil money which was priced high at the time, on recurrent expenditures, which unfortunately yielded little or no lasting impact.

As for the roads & railways, I stay in Lagos and I can attest to how much work is going on in the city simultaneously in this regard. I also listen to the news & have observed some remarkable developmental work going on in other states as well.

So yes, this administration might be failing in other sectors but until the capital projects which have been poorly handled by the previous administration have been reviewed, we're not going anywhere.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by salients: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=ogododo post=49261431]

That's one of the adverse effects of the economic crunch currently going on i NIgeria and i wonder why some lilliputians still see this government a regime kf change. It is misnomer to call it change but chain
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by ojnnaco(m): 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is what happen when a man with no certificate, a dullard, master of cluelessness and a tyrant ascend the throne. .
You really betrayed the masses that succumbed to the partys lies and voted for you.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by bossy512(f): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
God will continue to help us, is not easy at all
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by abbeyty(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
this might be a blessing in disguise , it might force our government to focus on our public schools through proper funding and again it going to affect those privates school staff cuz when parents start withdrawing their kids from private schools definitely it going to affect their funding this might lead to lay off of some of their staff in other to save money. buhari and his economy team should do something urgently b4 this country collapse
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by CARLOSTK(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
i thank this government of change oo, no rich man now everybody dey cry for the champion league
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by kimacent(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
OooH Na now una dey kwn say "there are good public school.
The CHANGE begins wit U.

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by shellman: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
kaen1317:
Sure PMB is secretly wishing he didn't contest the elections or, better, lost the elections. He could have been in daura tending to his cows, criticizing government and getting closer to God as an old man. But no, someone with Badluck wanted power and took it from Goodluck now he has heaps of insults and curses from Nigerians to contend with on the daily
We should thank God that Buhari took over There would have been violent revolution if Jonathan had continued with the array of reckless lootings right and left

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by asamaigho(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
madapcmod:
I pray the recession hit the afonjas real hard to reset their sentiment filled oblong heads.

Una never see anything yet. We are in it together, let's see who survives

So u havnt gotten over d defeat of the 'heroe of thieves'.....
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by ensamy(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bring themt to our govt school angry ;DD !

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by anonimi: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
ogododo:
God have mercy upon us all

Amen.
I really pity salary earners, walahi.
Entrepreneurs I dey hail oh. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473732_salary_jpegb17a7eccd26afd09fff05feea950ccff

1 Like

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by asamaigho(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Reference:

By 2019 elections what will be the excuse. Hmmm, you guys are not thinking ahead. You should be very worried. In 2019, will you still be blaming the past government when yours too will be a past government. The pressure you guys feel today should spur you to work and serious introspection. 2016 is almost over. Next year is the last chance to impress, the last full apolitical year of this administration, but the signs from you guys is that your eyes are firmly on the rear view mirror.... an accident is now almost inevitable.

Constructive criticisms are always welcomed,not...(super eagles lose match,its pmb's fault),u know what i mean.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by kel5000(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Standing5:
Before the hate filled folks hijack this and spin it against their political opponents, this development is no fault of the present govt.
u wish
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by adconline(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
hectorswag:

Yes I need to state the obvious, that's why PDP has to be blamed. Everyone is criticizing the government but not one person has come out to provide a solution and say this is what & what needs to be done!

Watch this video of Kemi Adeosun explaining the steps the government is taking regarding the economy, maybe you will understand better: https:///xviH6rP8xo
She played fast and loose with the facts.
1: There is no global recession.
2 30 out of 34 sub sectors of the economy are in decline as of Q2 this year, so 88% of the economy is in recession- Service to manufacturing.
3: Even though Naira has lost its value by over 100% under PMB, prices of good haven't gone by 100%, for instance, Abuja taxis still charge N300-500 per drop, so it can't be entirely blamed for recession.
4: capita budget is 30% when they increased the overall national budget by 50% and later govt officials said that they would only implement CAPEX by 15%. You increased RECEX but reduced CAPEX. Alluding that capital spending is needed when in fact the highest budgetary allocation to a program is N500bn special intervention fund for social programs. This fund is neither allocated to any ministry nor parastatals- just PMB's kitchen cabinet.
5: Bloated cost of govt hasn't changed. Presidency budget was increaesd from N5.5tn in 2015 to N39bn in N2016. NASS allocation is more than the state budget of most states.
Ministries reduced by 50% thru merger, but cost running govt is higher, why?
6: Financial displine? She ran Ogun state finance ministry for over 4 years, how come it.'s one of the most indebted and least financially viable states? How come under her watch, the state borrowed more than it could pay back? How the state got bailed out to pay workers and pensioners?

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by 7lives: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
@Shinarambo, a million likes for you . Nigerians and dirty money are like five and six, just come and see people who don't even work buying aso ebi weeks in weeks out. They have turned parties to business, they must have one reason or the other to organize a party and force the usual aso ebi on people around, if you don't buy you are in trouble, if you buy and attend they may not give you food, they will blame the caterer for not serving you.
After the party they will show up at your small shop to buy foods and provisions on credit which they may never pay and when you see them after 3 months after, it is to tell you sorry for not paying you on time and beg you to buy another aso ebi for their new upcoming party.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by uchman48(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
so it is now that people know that they are good public schools with sound teachers, hmmm I love this regime. the stone the builders rejected has become the chief corner stone
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by kaen1317: 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
shellman:
We should thank God that Buhari took over There would have been violent revolution if Jonathan had continued with the array of reckless lootings right and left
u have a very strong point there bro
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by slavemerchant: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
chemicalDisease:
May they that voted for this change
suffer it most.

I pity the Afonjas.

Another shameless bigoted individual displaying his ignorance on a public platform
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by sinaj(f): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
lohresloco:
Well APC was voted in by majority of lagos, they should live with it...... Nigerians deserve their leaders
enough of d blame jore.

Wot bout those dat didn't vote for him

Evri one is feeling d heat
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by seguntijan(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
Why we have recession:
* Tompolo was paid 13Billion
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m,she has sued the Nigerian state
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Aziboala,GEJ's cousin took 6B naira
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira
* Olu Falae took 100M naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu-2Billion naira
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira
*Bode-George and Dabo-100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira
*Nyesom Wike stole # 4b
* Diezzani nko with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund,
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grow winds and disappeared,
20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..
Recession didn't just happen, people stole it into happening....

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
seguntijan:
Why we have recession:
* Tompolo was paid 13Billion
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m,she has sued the Nigerian state
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Aziboala,GEJ's cousin took 6B naira
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira
* Olu Falae took 100M naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu-2Billion naira
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira
*Bode-George and Dabo-100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira
*Nyesom Wike stole # 4b
* Diezzani nko with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund,
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grow winds and disappeared,
20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..
Recession didn't just happen, people stole it into happening....
you dey yan rust!!those presently in govt must have taken back more than half. which project they don start?

country with no GOAL!
ministers come be like headmasters for this regime, no ongoing project to generate cash.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIABUJA Students That Died In Motor Accident (Photos) / House Of Representatives To Arrest Father Edeh, Madonna University VC / 15 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Attended UNIPORT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.