Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools (37703 Views)

Woman Recounts How She Almost Lost Her Two Kids From School's Negligence / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive / We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by joinnow: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
.the only President that rule twice and caused recession twice. 1983 & 2016.
Mathematically represented
President^2 = Recession ^2 { blame Shagari x Jonathan}

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by TyrantInAsoRock: 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Handsomecole:
Personally I see nothing special in private schools. Most of them lack the impartation of morals into these young ones. There are very good public schools around that instil discipline in your children.
I'm a product of public education from my primary and secondary till University. And will all sense of humility competed well and was way above my mates who attended private schools.
In my secondary school days we had masters and even PhD holders as teachers and they taught us excellently well most especially my English Teachers.
The part I love most is the aspect of discipline cutting of grass, carrying of blocks, washing of toilets, mass flogging, etc.
Your head go "correct" well and you will learn to respect your older ones.

#ProudlyPublic

Bros maybe that was then

Now adays they will use yoruba to teach you English

With assurance that once you can interpret it to yoruba. U have knw it

Regular fight expecially on Fridays

The curses frm teachers to students alone is more than necessary

Mal practice is normal it's sharpness

Public School is not good

When I cross to private

Mehn it was as if

I had amnesia nothing was upstairs

I was able to pick up expect maths nd chemistry
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by CioAngels(f): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
I think this period is a Big relief and Right decision taking time. At times i wonder how our poor parents cope with private school fees? The problem most parents/wives have is this, if Carol's children can go to a private school mine can equally go there too by stressing their husbands or single parent who wants to follow class on empty pocket. In as much as am also heavyly affected by the recession, it is good becos 99.9% of parents will now go back to the basis by taken their children to the public schools which they also attended and stop the wastage of their so hard earned money. Recession and after recession, parents should please leave their children in public schools so that they can boost of savings for Rainy day/Emergency. Public shools have teacher training college graduates teachers that teaches primary schools and nusreries and not ssce students. State governments, the ball is now in your court becos the recession that is intentionally created by our Stealling Politicians will now witness mass movements of pupils into public shools, so for this, we Need more Schools and Teachers.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Recession: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
CioAngels:
I think this period is a Big relief and Right decision taking time. At times i wonder how our poor parents cope with private school fees? The problem most parents/wives have is this, if Carol's children can go to a private school mine can equally go there too by stressing their husbands or single parent who wants to follow class on empty pocket. In as much as am also heavyly affected by the recession, it is good becos 99.9% of parents will now go back to the basis by taken their children to the public schools which they also attended and stop the wastage of their so hard earned money. Recession and after recession, parents should please leave their children in public schools so that they can boost of savings for Rainy day/Emergency. Public shools have teacher training college graduates teachers that teaches primary schools and nusreries and not ssce students. State governments, the ball is now in your court becos the recession that is intentionally created by our Stealling Politicians will now witness mass movements of pupils into public shools, so for this, we Need more Schools and Teachers.

Stopiiittt already. How many times? Just calling me upandan
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by simpleseyi: 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
StephanieLuv:
[size=20pt]#BRING_BACK_OUR_JONATHAN[/size]

Yes, we shall bring him to prison where he belongs.. His wife Mama Piss just went to court to claim ownership of about $20 million naira in Skye Bank, we don't know how much she has in other banks in Nigeria and abroad. We shall get her and put her where she actually belongs - Kirikiri Prisons.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by chemicalDisease: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
slavemerchant:

Another shameless bigoted individual displaying his ignorance on a public platform
Taaaa shatap!
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Carter4luv(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
meanwhile no politician has withdrawn his/her child frm abroad sch cuz of d recession, they all knw wat dey are doing. nemesis will befall dem mak den no worri.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
Handsomecole:
Personally I see nothing special in private schools. Most of them lack the impartation of morals into these young ones. There are very good public schools around that instil discipline in your children.
I'm a product of public education from my primary and secondary till University. And will all sense of humility competed well and was way above my mates who attended private schools.
In my secondary school days we had masters and even PhD holders as teachers and they taught us excellently well most especially my English Teachers.
The part I love most is the aspect of discipline cutting of grass, carrying of blocks, washing of toilets, mass flogging, etc.
Your head go "correct" well and you will learn to respect your older ones.

#ProudlyPublic

in those days. not now. not in 2016. all the above is gonnnnnnnnnne
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Oooh may gaddd shocked

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by AnthonyAk(m): 5:03am On Sep 12, 2016
18k tuition? Lol which lagos?
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by josescotch(m): 6:58am On Sep 12, 2016
Standing5:
Before the hate filled folks hijack this and spin it against their political opponents, this development is no fault of the present govt.

While I want to agree with u in that, the question is now that they r in charge I don't personally seem to see whatvnew measures r being put in place and it bothers me. Who do I complain to, so that things could ease up a little
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by davidif: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2016
pritykate:
Hope We all are enjoying this change

The serious question we should be asking is why is it that there were no other candidates running for the leadership of this country? Why is it that in a country of over a 100 million people we had to settle for just this two? Why don't we have open primaries like they have in the U.S where the people vote to determine who represents there party in the general elections?
Won't it be good if we could the same thing in Naija where each state sets its own primary date and on that date the people of that state go to the polls to determine who wins there state as supposed to the party cabals doing the picking? I don't know about you but i would rather prefer the people picking there party candidates as supposed to some party insiders. That way whoever carries the most number of states gets to represent there party in the general election.

Ideally, i would have loved to see multiple candidates (upwards of 17) run for the APC nomination and another 17 run for the PDP nomination. Then the people in the various states vote in the primaries to determine who wins the right (the party winner) to represent there party (APC or PDP) in the general election. This way we would have better candidates. I wonder why the person who wrote the Naija constitution didn't include this provision in there.
Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by davidif: 9:32am On Sep 12, 2016
DesChyko:
That's Buhari's era for you.

A leopard never changes his spots.

My father did well to recount his experience during the first Buhari era. Unfortunately, others didn't remember to. Now, here we are.

Why is it that in a country of over a 100 million people we had to settle for two lackluster candidates? Why don't we have open primaries like they have in the U.S where the people vote to determine who represents there party in the general elections?
Won't it be good if we could the same thing in Naija where each state sets its own primary date and on that date the people of that state go to the polls to determine who wins there state (person who wins most number of states wins the party nomination) as supposed to just allowing the party cabals to do the picking? I don't know about you but i would rather the people pick there party candidates as supposed to some party insiders.

Ideally, i would have loved to see multiple candidates (upwards of 17) run for the APC nomination and another 17 run for the PDP nomination. Then the people in the various states vote in the primaries to determine who wins the right (the party winner) to represent there party (APC or PDP) in the general election. This way we would have better candidates and better ideas. I wonder why the person who wrote the Naija constitution didn't include this provision in there.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools by intrepid: 6:45am On Sep 13, 2016
hectorswag:
You guys should try and understand that the present predicament we're in isn't the fault of the current government. The previous government - PDP was spending the oil money it made on recurrent expenditures with no investments, so now that ooilprice is down & limited we're suffering it.

Buhari's government is doing everything it takes to diversify the economy & invest in infrastructures which would last and boost productivity, that's why you see construction and roads & railways renovations going on everywhere. Once these things are in place the government would be able to move those tomatoes and other agricultural products that are rotting away to places where they can be easily processed. That's the strategy!

So please be patient with the government. Also if it's job you seek, there's currently a need of workers in the construction and agricultural sectors because those are the main areas this government is investing in. You can look for opportunities in those areas. I wish you all the best!

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/AsoRock/status/773826586428801024/video/1

Stop this ignorance already guy. How much was oil contributing to the GDP? Mere 15%. What about others?

Did you not read what Soludo and SLS have said about this and why wouldn't you just agree that you erred by bringing hardship on Nigeria.

The government you helped vote in, is super clueless. Admit it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIABUJA Students That Died In Motor Accident (Photos) / House Of Representatives To Arrest Father Edeh, Madonna University VC / 15 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Attended UNIPORT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.