Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,101 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki (15943 Views)

Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press / My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki / I Rather Not Govern Than See Edo People's Blood- Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has said his ambition is not worth the blood of anyone.

Obaseki said though he was disappointed with the postponement of the governorship election, he would rather drop his governorship ambition than to have hoodlums hijack the election and shed the blood of innocent citizens.

He explained that he had no option but to accept the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission to shift the election from September 10 to September 28, 2016, based on security report by the police.

A statement by his media aide, Tunde Oladunjoye, quoted Obaseki as saying this in a chat with journalists in Lagos on Sunday.

He said, “We were ready for the election, but when the police belatedly raised the issue of security, there was nothing we could do.

“I will rather not be a governor than to have the blood of many people shed by miscreants that were imported into Edo State to cause havoc.

“How many people have been tried or charged to court for the wanton killings and violence in Rivers State, let alone being convicted? How many people have been arrested for the blatant murder of the Port Harcourt lawyer?

“These imported hoodlums have nothing to lose, they are not from Edo, and would not think twice before killing our people the way they killed people in Rivers State.”

He, however, said he was optimistic that he would achieve victory come September 28, the new election date.

“The APC will win the election convincingly any day or time. The postponement was just a mere shift of the doomsday for the People’s Democratic Party and others,” Obaseki said.

“The people of Edo State have made up their mind never to go back to the dark era.

“They know me, they know the lineage of my family, they can trace me from four, five generations back; they know I don’t have a violent past; I have never been charged or tried for violent behavior.”

http://punchng.com/ambition-not-worth-anybodys-blood-obaseki/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
APC should at least stop these copy copy for once na

Why didn't you emulate the “the dogs and baboons will the soaked in blood” from you fellow party affiliate??

Emulating the footsteps of the man that you formerly tagged as “clueless” only makes you SuperClueless.

263 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
great speech.

We dont want rivers state violent politics in edo state. Edo people are civilised people who understand that politics is a debate and not a war.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by madridguy(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
The APC will win the election convincingly any day or time. The postponement was just a mere shift of the doomsday for the People’s Democratic Party and others,” Obaseki said.

Gbam grin

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Rednaxelot: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has said his ambition is not worth the blood of anyone.
The last Politician(GEJ) that used that verse/line lost the election after the election was postponed o

De javu still exists o!

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by colosa: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Obaseki my good friend don't osho deceive you, we don make up our mind,shift it to sambisa forest we kn who we want.

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
INCOMING OBA OF BENIN ENDORSED OBASEKI INDIRECTLY

Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him obaseki will perform better than him

The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.

Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/

Note: The Nigerian Observer is a daily newspaper published in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, since 1968 by the Bendel Newspapers Company Limited (BNCL).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by gebest: 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
first to comment, i dedicate it to GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by emeijeh(m): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
gebest:
Wetin you say?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
gebest:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by VISTIN(m): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Though he was nice, but that statement was not enough to keep him in power. Jonathan lost the election.

So, OBA of SEKI, goodbye.

30 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by leofab(f): 10:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Useless aspirant from a useless party... The acclaimed smart ones kept copying the clueless one...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Firefire(m): 5:14am On Sep 12, 2016
I laugh... grin

8 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Caseless: 5:29am On Sep 12, 2016
cool
Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by eleojo23: 5:48am On Sep 12, 2016
undecided
Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:53am On Sep 12, 2016
He even had to use GEJ's line undecided

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Subconscious(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2016
So politicians jack lines too? This is going to piss rappers off undecided

Well, we know why he is lying .Obaseki, can't do things independent.

19 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Plagiarism grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by ajepako(f): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2016
madridguy:
The APC will win the election convincingly any day or time. The postponement was just a mere shift of the doomsday for the People’s Democratic Party and others,” Obaseki said.

Gbam grin

lwo naa soro tan lo ba rerin...

O ye mi...

5 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by madridguy(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2016
Erin PDP lon pami.

ajepako:

lwo naa soro tan lo ba rerin...

O ye mi...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by osile2012: 7:52am On Sep 12, 2016
[size=18pt]lol.Reminds me of someone ... [/size]

2 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by Paperwhite(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2016
By this statement,it's goodbye to Obaseki. This is an acknowledgement of defeat.

13 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by ajepako(f): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2016
madridguy:
Erin PDP lon pami.

Ok oh.....ka fowo leran maa woye awon mejeji oh..

2 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by ChangetheChange: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Empty brain Obaseki

Copy Copy man

Plagiarism at work

GEJ must hear this grin grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by jeff1993: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2016
I hate it when people do COPY COPY. ..,... pls obaseki go n find ur own slogan ,..... leave Uncle Jona own for us ....... AND FOR UR INFO ...... DONT LET OSHOMONKEY hear did thing u just said cos he's ready to kill anybody by using u to occupy 3rd term in Edo state!¡!!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by NotNairalandi(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2016
See as him open mouth like one imbe cile for my street cheesy

12 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by bornmekus: 8:31am On Sep 12, 2016
funny

1 Like

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by crazygod(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2016
Dude stop acting the GEJ script. It doesn't suit u

19 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by benueguy(m): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2016
In Genevieve & A.Y comedy series:

AY: My ambition not worth the blood of any Nigerian.
Genevieve: GEJ, 2015

2 Likes

Re: My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki by drss2(m): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2016
APC n plagiarism ar...
stealing pipuls ideas since time immemorial.

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kerosene Scarcity - How Much Is Kerosene In Your Area / Bashir Magashi: US Rescue Operation Not Violation Of Nigeria’s Sovereignty / Unemployment: FG Goes Tough On Expatriate Quota Abusers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.