Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! (1901 Views)

A Donation To The Atheist. I Found IT / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
death is the greatest thing that could happen to anyone.
that's when you finally "know the truth" grin

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 7:39am On Sep 13, 2016
Jman06:
Bro, there is physics beyond that which you were taught in class. That's metaphysics.

Human is an embodiment of energies. In fact, virtually all the energies found in the universe are embodied in humans. I hypothesize that what constitutes consciousness is an aggregation of all these energies existing under certain wave conditions provided by the body. And that when the body dies, this aggregation of energies ( consciousness) exist in another realm.
Consciousness is found in many organisms at varying degrees. Let us take a mesophytic tree for example. If the root of that tree extends in search of water and it encounters a toxic solution, what happens? the root turns away. That's a level of consciousness caused by the cell receptors. But as we evolve our level of consciousness also involve thus the human present state. So consciousness is not a metaphysical thing in any way. I would recommend Michio Kaku's talk on 3 level of consciousness to u.

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 7:40am On Sep 13, 2016
KingAdegoke:

And what is this truth?
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ifenes(m): 10:39am On Sep 13, 2016
KingAdegoke:

Our greatest fear happens to the doorway to the truth.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ifenes(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
I had a dream last night that I was flying like superman even when it never crossed my mind..

I believe I can fly.. *heading towards next skyscraper*

nobody should stop me o. angry

How did the flight go? Painful?
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by FunkyMetahuman: 11:13am On Sep 13, 2016
ifenes:

How did the flight go? Painful?
on my way to Mars now
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ifenes(m): 11:22am On Sep 13, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
on my way to Mars now

Safe journey smiley
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Weah96: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jman06:
Aquarius

Then your mind is already made up. Aquarius people don't allow facts or proofs to dissuade them from adopting whatever is conjured up by their minds.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
ValentineMary:
And what is this truth?
we shall verify the after life. hell or heaven. paradise or Hades I care not. but the glory beyond flesh. oh it's going to be awesome
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Weah96: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
KingAdegoke:
we shall verify the after life. hell or heaven. paradise or Hades I care not. but the glory beyond flesh. oh it's going to be awesome

The grass is greener on the other side, heh?
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Weah96: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
KingAdegoke:

The grass looks greener on the other side, heh?
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by oaroloye(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
SHALOM!

Jman06:
My believe in afterlife stems from my own personal experiences and not from what some guys somewhere wrote in a book.

I am one guy who dreams alot right from childhood and my experiences through dreams cannot just be a mere "projections of my brain" like some other atheists would say. How can the brain suddenly become hyperactive during sleep or during sicknesses when
the physical bbody is supposedly resting/weak?

If somebody explains that, will you abandon your belief in the AfterLife?

The Brain runs on Glucose.

There is plenty of Glucose for the Brain when the rest of the body is resting.

Toxic Chemicals released by metabolic processes spark Neural Activity.

(Please feel free to call this explanation Total Bullshit!)

How can i explain the fact that in most cases I find myself in strange places where I have never been to all my life and sometimes with strange peeopl?

Mere Imagination.

The phenomena of dreaming, NDEs, and OBEs are pointers to the existence of an afterlife.

NEAR-DEATH-EXPERIENCES, and OUT-OF-BODY-EXPERIENCES are Delusionary Experiences and Hallucinations, which will stop when your Brain becomes worm food.

I think I like the views often shared by a poster here @ifenes on this matter and I am considering reading some books on metaphysics so as to gain some knowledge on this.

Please I'll like to read comments from other atheists on this issue. Thanks

I am a Born Again Full Gospel Pentecostal Christian, with NAGUALISM and SCIENTOLOGY Knowledge.

Atheists are full of bullshit.

You say that memory and personality are stored in the BRAIN.

What happens to them when there is no brain left?

Okay, meanwhile, Atheistic Education carefully guides you away from the question of WHERE IS YOUR MEMORY STORED, AND HOW?

FIRST you have to consider HOW MUCH OF YOUR EXPERIENCE IS STORED AS MEMORY?

NAGUALISM and SCIENTOLOGY agree that EVERY EXPERIENCE OF OUR LIFE can be recovered by Mental Discipline.

Atheistic Science says that that is JUST NOT POSSIBLE.

But THESE people do it EVERY DAY, as an EXERCISE- that has to be completed, before going on to more important things.

It is very important to Oyinbo Atheists to FOSTER THE BELIEF that such a thing IS NOT POSSIBLE- except for some "FREAKS."

THE BRAIN IS NOT BIG ENOUGH TO CONTAIN MORE THAN A FEW MONTHS' MEMORY DATA AT A TIME, BY ANY POSSIBLE MEANS ATHEUSTS CAN CONCEIVE.

Therefore, it must be stored SPIRITUALLY, not PHYSICALLY.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by oaroloye(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
SHALOM!

KingAdegoke:

That is a very silly idea.

DEATH is when you lose the ability to control your physical body.

The first thing that happens, is that a record of how you spent your life will be required of you.

[See my Blog: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE?]

If you are unable to render it instantly, your Soul Body will be cut into, to extract these memories, manually.

The Soul Body so treated cannot deploy its Spirit Energy AfterLife Body, and the DEVILS then move in, and tear the helpless Soul Body to pieces, and consume its remaining energies, for their own Survival.

We know this, because of the people who trained and disciplined themselves specially, in order to isee this themselves, and devise means of preventing the destruction of the AfterLife Body.

They found only one method.

[See: THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Carlos Castaneda.]

A simple discipline that allows the ability to Totally Recall one's entire life in 20 minutes, that takes less than one year to attain.

This is the prerequisite to other abilities- including the ability to see what REALLY happens to the Dead.

Most Human Souls, and ALL Plant, Animal, and Insect Souls are destroyed in this way, and relatively few attain the option of HELL, PARADISE, or HEAVEN.

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
KingAdegoke:
What makes u certain that there is a glory beyond the flesh
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by akindlesfarm: 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

Consciousness is found in many organisms at varying degrees. Let us take a mesophytic tree for example. If the root of that tree extends in search of water and it encounters a toxic solution, what happens? the root turns away. That's a level of consciousness caused by the cell receptors. But as we evolve our level of consciousness also involve thus the human present state. So consciousness is not a metaphysical thing in any way. I would recommend Michio Kaku's talk on 3 level of consciousness to u.
And who told you animals and plant don't have soul , soul is that energy which makes living things alive and when they die the energy recycles to form a part of another life , we are souls carrying frequencies and we would always live. What is living is living what is not living is not living, if you say there is nothing mysterious about life then tell me how life started or where consciousness comes from
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
akindlesfarm:

And who told you animals and plant don't have soul , soul is that energy which makes living things alive and when they die the energy recycles to form a part of another life , we are souls carrying frequencies and we would always live. What is living is living what is not living is not living, if you say there is nothing mysterious about life then tell me how life started or where consciousness comes from
I sense the bias here is the misuse of the word energy for soul. Energy is what makes us alive and it's an integral part of life. When we die, it goes back to the environment and is recycled. We can measure and study energy.

As for consciousness, my hypoyhesis on the origin is that it came fort from the wanting to exclude foreign dangerous material from destroying the cell structure. As for the origin of life, there are several hypothesis but we can't cling to any now. But that should not be a basis for a metaphyiscal being out there. It would be like finding relevance in human ignorance.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by akindlesfarm: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2016
ValentineMary:

I sense the bias here is the misuse of the word energy for soul. Energy is what makes us alive and it's an integral part of life. When we die, it goes back to the environment and is recycled. We can measure and study energy.

As for consciousness, my hypoyhesis on the origin is that it came fort from the wanting to exclude foreign dangerous material from destroying the cell structure. As for the origin of life, there are several hypothesis but we can't cling to any now. But that should not be a basis for a metaphyiscal being out there. It would be like finding relevance in human ignorance.
Well it would be hard for me to explain, the best way for you to know is when you experience something supernatural, as for me this world is too strange and mysterious that I must believe in the supernatural. Even great scientist like Newton and Einstein never denied the existence of a God
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
akindlesfarm:

Well it would be hard for me to explain, the best way for you to know is when you experience something supernatural, as for me this world is too strange and mysterious that I must believe in the supernatural. Even great scientist like Newton and Einstein never denied the existence of a God
This is just appealing to authority. Because Newton believes it does not substantiate the claim. Newton also practiced alchemy. Do u believe in alchemy

And pls note that Einstein definition of God is quite different from yours. Einstein was a pantheist who believe the universe and everything in it is God. He revrened the Spinoza God. And according to Dawkin's God delusion, pantheism is a branch of atheism.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by akindlesfarm: 3:32am On Sep 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

This is just appealing to authority. Because Newton believes it does not substantiate the claim. Newton also practiced alchemy. Do u believe in alchemy

And pls note that Einstein definition of God is quite different from yours. Einstein was a pantheist who believe the universe and everything in it is God. He revrened the Spinoza God. And according to Dawkin's God delusion, pantheism is a branch of atheism.
In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence.
Isaac Newton
God does not plays dices with the universe
Albert Einstein
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 8:55am On Sep 15, 2016
akindlesfarm:

In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence.
Isaac Newton
God does not plays dices with the universe
Albert Einstein
Spaghetti I saw on the road side in the morning convince me that spaghetti flies at night ~ Valentine.

Einstein actually said God does not play dice u just added the other part to make yr false claim. As I said earlier, Einstein God was the universe. So he actually ment that the universe does not go according to chance or probability. This was actually a response to Neil Bohr when they were arguing of quantum entanglement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Says MMM Is Demonic / What Wisdom Is This. / I Have A Question For Knowledgeable Christains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.