Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court (824 Views)

Breaking News: Abia Governorship Tussle, IKPEAZU WINS APPEAL. / Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu / Abia Governor, Ikpeazu, Goes Into Hiding As Security Aides Withdrawn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by kahal29: 5:39am On Sep 12, 2016
***Appeals Against Own Victory

Abia State governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has filed an appeal against the aspects of judgment of the Federal High Court, Owerri which was all in his favour.

The judgment cleared him of the allegation of tax forgery and submission of false information and confirmed his election as governor.

A Peoples Democratic Party, PDP governorship aspirant, Sir Friday Nwosu, who contested the December 8, 2014 PDP primaries, had filed a suit accusing the governor of forging his tax documents and submitting false information to his party and INEC.

Judgment in Ikpeazu’s favour

Delivering judgment on the matter, the presiding Judge, Justice Ambrose Allagoa, on July 8, 2016, ruled that Ikpeazu was not the maker of the documents.

The judge, however, also held that the Court had jurisdiction to hear the matter and Nwosu was right to have commenced the suit through originating summons.

The judge also held that Uche Ogah had lost his right to benefit from the primaries as he petitioned against the primary election, wherein he alleged that only non delegates from neighbouring states voted in the primary election while authentic party delegates were locked out.

In a Notice of Appeal against the suit filed at the Court of Appeal, Owerri Division, between Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, Appellant and Sir Friday Nwosu, PDP, INEC and Dr. Uche Ogah, as respondents, Ikpeazu sought three reliefs: “that the appeal be allowed; an order dismissing the originating summons of the 1st respondent for being incompetent and thereby robbing the court of jurisdiction to entertain the action; and that the court should also dismiss the part of the judgment of the trial court which gave the lower court jurisdiction and also dismiss the appellant’s preliminary objections to the competence of the action be set aside.”

Grounds of Appeal

Ikpeazu also outlined four grounds of appeal and particulars of error in the judgment to include “that the trial judge erred in law in assuming jurisdiction and hearing the originating summons of the plaintiff, the trial Judge erred in law when he held that the action was properly commenced by originating summons,” among others.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/gov-tussle-ikpeazu-goes-back-court/
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by Deenite(m): 5:40am On Sep 12, 2016
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by agwom(m): 5:43am On Sep 12, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by PRYCE(m): 5:47am On Sep 12, 2016
Lol
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by odiks: 6:09am On Sep 12, 2016
See how this man is wasting state resources and allocations in court cases instead of using it to pay workers salaries that is running into 7 months now. This man wants to finish my parents who are civil servants in his state. Since he came in as Governor he has not used his monthly allocation to pay salaries. What he does with it..... Only God knows. The ones he managed to pay was from the bailout money he got from FG since then nothing. Yet, his praise singers thinks that it shall be well with him..... How can it be well with him? Like I said earlier when this case started and I repeat again...... If am lying against the Governor maybe just to smear his name and accuse him of owing workers salaries when he is not..... may God judge me but if am not may God bring him to judgment and visit him with the kind of suffering he has caused my parents.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:33am On Sep 12, 2016
Nothing wey we no go see for ds country, you won a case and you still went to fight with yourself again in court? Am not understanding
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by kahal29: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
Nothing wey we no go see for ds country, you won a case and you still went to fight with yourself again in court? Am not understanding

Me tire oh
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by kahal29: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2016
odiks:
See how this man is wasting state resources and allocations in court cases instead of using it to pay workers salaries that is running into 7 months now. This man wants to finish my parents who are civil servants in his state. Since he came in as Governor he has not used his monthly allocation to pay salaries. What he does with it..... Only God knows. The ones he managed to pay was from the bailout money he got from FG since then nothing. Yet, his praise singers thinks that it shall be well with him..... How can it be well with him? Like I said earlier when this case started and I repeat again...... If am lying against the Governor maybe just to smear his name and accuse him of owing workers salaries when he is not..... may God judge me but if am not may God bring him to judgment and visit him with the kind of suffering he has caused my parents.

It's well
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by odiks: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:

Abeg help me ask Gov Okezie Ikpeazu why he is appealing a judgment that was given in his favour... Abi he is not sure of the judgment again? Why appeal your own victory? I dey laugh
Re: Gov Tussle: Ikpeazu Goes Back To Court by lightheart(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Lol. Nna mehnn! Nka dikwa woski grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Man Of Integrity, He’s Passing Through Difficult Times – Obama / Senators Plan To Buy National Assets Once Sold: Falana / Flash:Enugu Gets New Female Chief Judge After NJC Suspends Former Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.