Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu (33554 Views)

Ondo APC Governorship Tussle: Abraham Floors Akeredolu At Appeal Court / Abia State: Ikpeazu And Ogah Know Fate Today. / Appeal Court Orders ‘status-quo’ In Abia Governorship Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
We are all aware that Justice Okon Abang of Federal High Court, Abuja on Monday granted the relief of Mr Uche Ogah to be declared as the legitimate candidate of PDP in Abia state 2015 gubernatorial election and Governor of Abia state having found incumbent Governor Okezie Ikpeazu guilty of tax clearance forgery, and thereby ineligible to stand for the said election.

In accordance with the judgement, the Independent National Electoral Commission nullified the Certificate of Return it had earlier granted to Okezie Ikpeazu and issued Mr Ogah a fresh certificate of return. Though Ikpeazu has appealed the judgement, there is somewhat a quagmire in the state.

While both men are laying claim to the coveted seat in Abia state, I see a possibility of Barrister Friday Nwosu emerging the new Governor at the end of the drama.

HOW FN NWOSU MAY EMERGE GOVERNOR
During the December 2014 PDP Primary election, Okezie Ikpeazu(the now incumbent) came first with 487; Uche Ogah scored 103 votes coming second; former labour minister Emeka Wogu had 33 votes coming third; Barr FN Nwosu scored 5 votes along with Acho Nwakanma.

While Acho Nwakama defected to All Progressive Congress after the PDP primary to emerge the party's Deputy Governorship Candidate, Mr Emeka Wogu left PDP for APC after the General election, leaving Barr Nwosu as the legally second runner-up in the primary.

Should the Appeal and Supreme courts uphold the verdict of the High Court that sacked Okezie Ikpeazu, it means Ogah is the next in line being the first runner up in the December 2014 Primary.

Considering that Mr Ogah is also facing criminal charge before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, for alleged fraud, and if convicted he will himself be disqualified and face jail term.

Should the above happen, it means that the lawful second runner-up Barr Friday Nwosu shall be declared the legitimate PDP candidate in the Abia 2015 Governorship election, and the Governor of Abia state.

Like I told members of my Palmchat social circle, May Justice prevail in Abia state, God's own state.

My joy is that this is 100% PDP Affair

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by SeverusSnape(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2016

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by PRYCE(m): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
Interesting
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
Every thom and dick don turn to analyst with this Abia debacle.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
like seriously? let dem jst divide d state

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
Every thom and dick don turn to analyst with this Abia debacle.
If I vex for you now you go say I too vex angry

4 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by BossKratos: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
undecided

"Ipob stress!"

Abia kedu?
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Likei(m): 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
As long as ikpeazu is kicked out of government house, who ever emerges as the next governor has my support.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
like seriously? let dem jst divide d state
Wetin you de talk? Shey d state don turn cake for your eye?

4 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
Likei:
As long as ikpeazu is kicked out of government house, who ever emerges as the next governor has my support.
but I thought the guy is working

5 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by DEAFandDUMB(f): 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
I will give my submission on this case when and only when the Supreme court gives final verdict on it but all until then, I will remain deaf and dumb on this subject matter..

legis obtinet in terra!.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Nwodosis(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Once Ogah is sworn in as governor of the state , he's immuned to any fraud case not bothering on his emergence as the governor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by modath(f): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
Tonye,

You don comot for Ikpeazu back nah nah nah? cheesy

Very soon, Barr Nwosu's skeleton will stretch leg comot from hi grave too...

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nwodosis:
Once Ogah is sworn in as governor of the state , he's immuned to any fraud case not bothering on his emergence as the governor.
It doesn't work that way bro as long as the case was instituted BEFORE he became Governor. Otherwise, IKPEAZU would have been let off the hook owing to immunity.

10 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
modath:

Tonye,

You don comot for Ikpeazu back nah nah nah? cheesy

Very soon, Barr Nwosu's skeleton will stretch leg comot from hi grave too...
I no de anybody back befiore jare, no set me up
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Badtman(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
Egbon Barcanista and PDP fake news are looking for like 5 & 6 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Badtman(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
Egbon Barcanista and PDP fake news are like 5 & 6 grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
Badtman:
Egbon Barcanista and PDP fake news are looking for like 5 & 6 grin
Wetin fake oga? No be news na just analysis

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by mrphysics(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ikpeazu already have the supreme court judges, so all this tension will stop even if he loses at the appeal court once it gets to the supreme court where he(Ikpeazu- final judgement) have Abraham as father.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by modath(f): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I no de anybody back befiore jare, no set me up

Did you or did you open a thread less than 24hrs ago condemning the judgment & the Judge? What changed your stance in quick time?

You know what I mean, you are not discriminating, you are for Ikpeazu, you are for Ogah, Barr Nwosu too, anyone there will have your "loyalty"..... nohin do you....

P.S... These "analysis" do tend to confuse your compadres.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by MadamExcellency: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
We are all aware that Justice Okon Abang of Federal High Court, Abuja on Monday granted the relief of Mr Uche Ogah to be declared as the legitimate candidate of PDP in Abia state 2015 gubernatorial election and Governor of Abia state having found incumbent Governor Okezie Ikpeazu guilty of tax clearance forgery, and thereby ineligible to stand for the said election.

In accordance with the judgement, the Independent National Electoral Commission nullified the Certificate of Return it had earlier granted to Okezie Ikpeazu and issued Mr Ogah a fresh certificate of return. Though Ikpeazu has appealed the judgement, there is somewhat a quagmire in the state.

While both men are laying claim to the coveted seat in Abia state, I see a possibility of Barrister Friday Nwosu emerging the new Governor at the end of the drama.

HOW FN NWOSU MAY EMERGE GOVERNOR
During the December 2014 PDP Primary election, Okezie Ikpeazu(the now incumbent) came first with 487; Uche Ogah scored 103 votes coming second; former labour minister Emeka Wogu had 33 votes coming third; Barr FN Nwosu scored 5 votes along with Acho Nwakanma.

While Acho Nwakama defected to All Progressive Congress after the PDP primary to emerge the party's Deputy Governorship Candidate, Mr Emeka Wogu left PDP for APC after the General election, leaving Barr Nwosu as the legally second runner-up in the primary.

Should the Appeal and Supreme courts uphold the verdict of the High Court that sacked Okezie Ikpeazu, it means Ogah is the next in line being the first runner up in the December 2014 Primary.

Considering that Mr Ogah is also facing criminal charge before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, for alleged fraud, and if convicted he will himself be disqualified and face jail term.

Should the above happen, it means that the lawful second runner-up Barr Friday Nwosu shall be declared the legitimate PDP candidate in the Abia 2015 Governorship election, and the Governor of Abia state.

Like I told members of my Palmchat social circle, May Justice prevail in Abia state, God's own state.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

From the latest information available to me, it is evident the Mr Uche Ogah disqualified himself as the runner up by refusing to sign the result sheet hence can't lay claim to a result he rejected, refused to sign and never reorganized hence the legal runner-up is Emeka Wogu who had 33 votes.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by temitemi1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
I'm waiting patiently for the judgment of the highest court of d land(supreme court) cool

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by iflywithbuhari(f): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
So that is the next play by the BOT buffons. I can authoritatively tell you that this plan is dead on arrival. If the party does not accept SAS's conditions, then all the governors and senators will be fired
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
MadamExcellency:

From the latest information available to me, it is evident the Mr Uche Ogah disqualified himself as the runner up by refusing to sign the result sheet hence can't lay claim to a result he rejected, refused to sign and never reorganized hence the legal runner-up is Emeka Wogu who had 33 votes.
Emeka Wogu defected to APC, hence, he disqualified himself.

PS: the issue of signing the sheet is no basis for disqualification

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
modath:

Did you or did you open a thread less than 24hrs ago condemning the judgment & the Judge? What changed your stance in quick time?
What concerns the Judgement on Sheriff/Markafi that i created discussed yesterday with Abia state brohuaha? You miss road ni?

You know what I mean, you are not discriminating, you are for Ikpeazu, you are for Ogah, Barr Nwosu too, anyone there will have your "loyalty"..... nohin do you....

[s]P.S... These "analysis" do tend to confuse your compadres.[/s]

All the people in contention are PDP MEMBERS, it is a PDP affair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by modath(f): 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
So that is the next play by the BOT buffons. I can authoritatively tell you that this plan is dead on arrival. If the party does not accept SAS's conditions, then all the governors and senators will be fired

Aka Ganisucks , what's with the Atiku angle you were referring to in that other thread?

What are "SAS conditions"? Apology & election right? Why is Tonye not in your caucus?

Thx.
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by SpeedyConnect(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
k
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by MadamExcellency: 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Emeka Wogu defected to APC, hence, he disqualified himself.

PS: the issue of signing the sheet is no basis for disqualification

Rejecting the outcome of the election invalidates his claim to being the runner up.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
temitemi1:
I'm waiting patiently for the judgment of the highest court of d land(supreme court) cool
It will be so interesting my brother... But I am happy that it is a PDP affair irrespective of where the pendulum swing
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
It appears that there is a sinister plot to destabilize Abia State...my observation though.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Rejecting the outcome of the election invalids his claim to being the runner up.
Which Section of the EA can we trace this?

PS: I am not saying you are wrong neither am I saying your are right
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by modath(f): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What concerns the Judgement on Sheriff/Markafi that i created discussed yesterday with Abia state brohuaha? You miss road ni?

Oh sorry, My bad, thought it was you cos of the Okon Abang reference.. pele.

But between me & you who miss road? Who waka seek refuge for inside torn & leaking umbrella?

Stop being smart mouthed though, it's a two way street, anything you dish, you get double! smiley

[/quote]

All the people in contention are MEMBERS, it is a PDP affair[/quote]

If you have something that is PDP affair, either put it in Diary section or invite your compadre to Dadawa Plaza (copyright Progressive01) to cackle over it.. as long as it's on this platform, it's FAIR GAME!! Capisce? cool

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S., Presidency Fire Jonathan Over Poll, Graft / Dino Melaye's Look To 'Merry Men' Premiere In Abuja / Nigeria Will Be In Trouble If Obi Is Not Elected President – Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.