Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? (782 Views)

Why Did Abraham Banish Ishmael? / Bible Stories (17): Hagar And Ishmael / Quran Lied, Claimed It Was Ishmael That Abraham Wanted To Sacrifice Instead of.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by Stevebamdex(m): 7:19am On Sep 12, 2016
This has always been a very controversial topic to both christians and muslims.
I'm bringing this up again.
Christians believed isaac was sacrificed and not ishmael according to what it's in the bible and muslims believed otherwise according to what's in the koran.
The question now is,who do you think was sacrificed? Isaac or ishmael? Please comment with facts not fables.
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by otemanuduno: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Stevebamdex:
Christians believed isaac was sacrificed and not ishmael according to what it's in the bible and muslims believed otherwise according to what's in the koran.
The question now is,who do you think was sacrificed? Isaac or ishmael? Please comment with facts not fables.
Allah cheesy
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by mrintellectual(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Correct your post. Neither of them was sacrificed.

Back to the question.
Judaism says Isaac was to be sacrificed.
Christianity also says so.
However, Islam, centuries after, comes to deny history. What does it matter?

We have the truth handed over to us. If a lie comes to contest the Truth, we know what to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by Stevebamdex(m): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2016
otemanuduno:
Allah cheesy
Prove it.
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by Stevebamdex(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2016
mrintellectual:
Correct your post. Neither of them was sacrificed.

Back to the question.
Judaism says Isaac was to be sacrificed.
Christianity also says so.
However, Islam, centuries after, comes to deny history. What does it matter?

We have the truth handed over to us. If a lie comes to contest the Truth, we know what to believe.
I didn't say they were sacrificed actually.I only wrote who was to be sacrificed..
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by mrintellectual(m): 10:00am On Sep 12, 2016
Stevebamdex:
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by otemanuduno: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2016
Stevebamdex:

Prove it.
Anything religious has no proof. So ask for proof no more. It's all about belief. Anyway, according to the BOOK OF TRUTH, it's Isaak that was lain on the altar by Brahma and not Ismaila. Deorum 5:1-5

:
DEORUM
CHAPTER 5

1. When Faulkin heard that Brahma had had the child of Asherah, he became sad and jealous. And he sought to kill the child.
2. Then did Brahma, whose name had been changed to Abrahama, listened to the voice of Faulkin to sacrifice his son (Asherah’s name had also been changed to Sarah).
3. And he laid the child down to kill him. At this time did Faulkin say, do not kill the child, because he is not supposed to be killed. Come close and have this sheep which I have brought with me.
4. And Abrahama went close to him and Faulkin put out the sheep from the invisible ray. Then did Abrahama sacrifice it instead of Isaac his son. And Faulkin said, why did you accept to sacrifice your son at all?
5. Did you not know that killing human for sacrifice does not belong to me, Reverad? But it belongs to only Moloch and to Nymphidis. But Faulkin had determined to kill the child before, but the nature of her mother had made him change his intention.
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by truthmans2012: 10:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Islam is only about Ishmael and Hagai. Nothing is said about other children of Abraham. That should make people suspect the religion. If Abraham truly found Islam, would he not carry all his children along? None of the children of Sarah participated in Islamic rituals in Mecca, yet they say Islam is for all mankind. Muslims say it was Ishmael that was sacrificed because Isaac didn't have any role he played in Islam.
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by Stevebamdex(m): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2016
otemanuduno:

Anything religious has no proof. So ask for proof no more. It's all about belief. Anyway, according to the BOOK OF TRUTH, it's Isaak that was lain on the altar by Brahma and not Ismaila. Deorum 5:1-5

And where can this DEORUM of a book be found ? Its not in the bible neither I have come across it anywhere? Is it ur koran?
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by Stevebamdex(m): 11:23am On Sep 12, 2016
truthmans2012:
Islam is only about Ishmael and Hagai. Nothing is said about other children of Abraham. That should make people suspect the religion. If Abraham truly found Islam, would he not carry all his children along? None of the children of Sarah participated in Islamic rituals in Mecca, yet they say Islam is for all mankind. Muslims say it was Ishmael that was sacrificed because Isaac didn't have any role he played in Islam.

You have raised a valid point..if you study islam very well..it has always evolves around one man's testimony{ mohammed}.it was only him that saw the so called angel gabriel that none of his followers has ever claimed to have come across..did he actually meet that angel?
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by otemanuduno: 11:51am On Sep 12, 2016
Stevebamdex:

And where can this DEORUM of a book be found ? Its not in the bible neither I have come across it anywhere? Is it ur koran?
I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

I AM OTEM, SENT TO REVEAL THE TRUTH IN THE HIDDEN AND LOST SCROLLS FROM THE TIME WHEN GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG TO THE PRESENT TIME, AND EVEN TO THE FUTURE TIMES.

here is the DOCTUFOS of Truth: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by Stevebamdex(m): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
otemanuduno:
I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

I AM OTEM, SENT TO REVEAL THE TRUTH IN THE HIDDEN AND LOST SCROLLS FROM THE TIME WHEN GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG TO THE PRESENT TIME, AND EVEN TO THE FUTURE TIMES.

here is the DOCTUFOS of Truth: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
This is serious..
Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by truthmans2012: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
Stevebamdex:

You have raised a valid point..if you study islam very well..it has always evolves around one man's testimony{ mohammed}.it was only him that saw the so called angel gabriel that none of his followers has ever claimed to have come across..did he actually meet that angel?

What Muhammad met wasn't an angel of God. The true angel Gabriel of the Bible was not a violent spirit. When he met Mary to announce to her the birth of Jesus, the first thing he said to her was "fear not". When Gabriel met Zachariah, the first thing he also said was "fear not". Those who came in contact with God's angel Gabriel had a message of peace in non-violent way.

But when Muhammad met with Jubril, who muslims say is their version of angel Gabriel , the first thing he did to him is pressed him thrice and each time to almost death point forcing him to "read" (iqra) I believe that is the reason muslims are violent beings . And everything this islamic Gabriel revealed to Muhammad, which they call the Quran contradicts the Bible. By this we know he wasn't an angel of God.

Mathew 24:14 says: And this GOSPEL of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to all NATIONS and then the end will come.

It shows God expect only the Gospel to be preached till the end of the world, Islam is not in God's agenda for man's salvation.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir :: Who Was To Be Sacrificed..isaac Or Ishmael? by shadeyinka(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2016
I almost recited the shahada (convert to Islam) back in my undergraduate days. One of the questions that caused me to stop to reexamine the three monotheistic religions was this question.

How come two books claimed to be from one God contradicts themselves. It wasn't an error of copy, nor translations, nor slip of pen but of a deliberate misinformation.

Interestingly the Quran did not explicitly mention Ishmael but the Hadith's and Tefsirs are unanimous that the obscure text is about Ismail and not Ishak.

Most Moslems will dodge this question however.

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Deeper Life Member.. Ask Questions About What I Believe In. / The Returned Christ His Holiness Olumba..O.Obu Set To Visit Lagos / William Tyndale: 10 Quotes From The Martyr Burned For Translating Scripture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.