Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

"Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ (1874 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Chris Ngige For His Recent Comments About Igbos / Why Buhari Didn’t Attend South-east Economic, Security Summit— Presidency / Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by dechriscool(m): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2016
Okonjo-Iweala, Anyaoku, Ngige, Elumelu, others for S-East Economic Summit 2016.

Arrangements for an economic summit for the South East geopolitical zone has been completed by the South East Leadership and Development Initiative, SELDI. This came as the South East Youth Economic Summit, SEYES, first ever maiden edition has been slated for October 2016. Among those who would speak during the SELDI event to be chaired by the Deputy Senate President, Chief Ike Ekweremadu in Enugu are the immediate past Finance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; former Secretary to the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku; Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr Chris Ngige; Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu; Sen. Ben Murrey Bruce; former Central Bank Governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo; Mr Tony Elumelu and Mr Oscar Onyema. Others include the former Minister of Finance, Dr Kalu Idika Kalu; Chief Olisa Agbakoba, SAN; the former National Chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Victor Umeh; Dr Orji Uzor Kalu; Senator Hope Uzodinma; Rear Admiral Ebitu Ukiwe (retd); former Governor of Lagos State, Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (retd) and Mazi Peter Ejiofor. They also include Prof. Elochukwu Amucheazi; Prof. Pat Utomi; Mrs Oby Ezekwesili; Prof. Emeagwali; former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi; Chimamanda Adichie and Ndidi Nwaneli among others. Former Governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife and chairman of SELDI Council, who spoke at a press briefing in Enugu, said the aim of the summit entitled, “Think Home and Build Home,” was aimed at enlightening the people of the zone to invest at home. According to him, “It is time for Ndigbo to think home and build home. It has become imperative for the people to reflect more deeply about their future and strategic essence in the larger Nigerian community.” Ezeife decried the “deplorable infrastructural state of the South East region,” as well as “the huge gaps in infrastructural development, economic growth, political and social transformation in the region compared to other regions,” due to lack of federal attention saying that the situation must be redressed by the people themselves. He, however, bemoaned the situation, whereby Igbo entrepreneurs were busy developing other places instead of their own areas, since their own “charity does not begin at home but abroad.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/okonjo-iweala-anyaoku-ngige-elumelu-others-s-east-economic-summit/
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by agwom(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2016
ok
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by coolzeal(m): 9:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Time to pack my bags and relocate to the East..

1 Like

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Develpeast: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2016
Good Morning,

I really want to ask, how do I attend this forum coming up. I want to get information about it and come down to attend it. Anybody with reasonable information should please quote me.

I also urge all young, innovative and resourceful igbos to attend this forum. It is time for you to plan where our people will be heading soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by T9ksy(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2016
Good news for everyone concerned.........................Got my broom at hand ready to sweep ****** outta my region.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2016
Develpeast:
Good Morning,

I really want to ask, how do I attend this forum coming up. I want to get information about it and come down to attend it. Anybody with reasonable information should please quote me.

I also urge all young, innovative and resourceful igbos to attend this forum. It is time for you to plan where our people will be heading soon.
Pazianza may have the information.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by dechriscool(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2016
Every region should tap into this gesture and innovation and stop depending on federal presence to develop her region.
Since the present adminstraction has polarised the country into 95% & 5%.
The need to take your regional destiny in your hand is a clarion call.
Let's join hand to support this innovation.
South east must be great irrespective of your 5%tile status.

4 Likes

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by ElCount: 10:52am On Sep 12, 2016
Venue, Time and Date
Very much interested
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by nabiz(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2016
Very good initiative. I also want to be there if the door will be open for everybody. Anybody with the information about date and venue should pls update us

1 Like

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Alcatraz003: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2016
This is a welcome development if Igbos will leave yorubaland for us. We wish our igbo brothers a happy deliberation at the forhcoming summit.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Scream(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2016
I have seen Okonjo rehabilitated Onitsha-Enugu Expressway, constructed the second Niger bridge etc during her reign as the Coordinator of the Economy... People that should be explaining their failures are being celebrated. Common sense is now uncommon!

2 Likes

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is a welcome development. There is no genuine development than PEOPLE ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT. I love this renaissance and awareness that is sweeping across the EAST COAST.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by proeast(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
Very good idea, its high time we took our destiny in ours hands and make Igboland what it should be.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by CSTR2: 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
Scream:
I have seen Okonjo rehabilitated Onitsha-Enugu Expressway, constructed the second Niger bridge etc during her reign as the Coordinator of the Economy... People that should be explaining their failures are being celebrated. Common sense is now uncommon!
When you stop celebrating a worse failure in kleptomanaic Tinubu, then you would have the moral grounds. Btw, I am sure you post was not borne out of genuine concern anyway.
Okonjo iweala has atleast the top 100 companies in the world on speed dial. She has more to contribute to a people than your drug dealing Yoruba leader.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by SuperS1Panther: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
We can't wait for you to leave. We will sweep your footsteps out of SW and even wash it with Hypo.

The funny part of it is the outrageous number of people out of the people attending that same meeting, that will head towards SW after the meeting.

Charity begins with staying in your enclave immediately after the meeting, while others join you within 6months (maximum) of this meeting.

2 Likes

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by shaibu123: 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
ElCount:
Venue, Time and Date

Very much interested
Please let us unite and find out the date and venue in Enugu. This will be the beginning of a great thing to happen in SE.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by kenny987(f): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
Why is there so much ignorance on this thread? The same simpletons that foolishly quote d constitutional right to freedom of movement for marauders called fulani herdsmen suddenly have a problem with Igbos living, investing and working in other regions of the country.

This summit is geared towards developing d SE however no lazy kleptomaniac will infringe on the right of Igbos to live and own property wherever they like. Even when there is a successful restructuring of the country along regional lines or even outright separation, d Igbo man will still develop his own home and make his money at whatever investment destination he deems fit within n outside d shores of this country!

See hypocrisy that stinks to high heavens! Separation is a problem yet u want to apply d constitution selectively! Stupid jokers all over d place, go get an education n grow some balls to compete freely with others, not attempting to deploy underhand tactics for some undeserved advantage!

1 Like

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Eastlink(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Good one for the South-East. I just hope this 'Think home and build home ideals' is embraced and implemented by Ndigbo nile.
It's time to think home. But why weren't any Igbo technocrat of Rivers origin invited to the conference just like our Delta state counterparts in the same S/S? I see an Elumelu, a Pat Utomi and an Iweala, but none from our side. Although, I understand it's more of a regional conference, but the organizers should try as much as possible to make it an all comers affair, inclusive of Igbos everywhere. My suggestions though!

3 Likes

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by luvinhubby(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Scream:

She was the federal minister of finance and not Anambra or Imo state commissioner of works.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
Eastlink:
Good one for the South-East. I just hope this 'Think home and build home ideals' is embraced and implemented by Ndigbo nile.
It's time to think home. But why weren't any Igbo technocrat of Rivers origin invited to the conference just like our Delta state counterparts in the same S/S? I see an Elumelu, a Pat Utomi and an Iweala, but none from our side. Although, I understand it's more of a regional conference, but the organizers should try as much as possible to make it an all comers affair, inclusive of Igbos everywhere. My suggestions though!
Rivers Igbo have been distancing themselves in Igbo affair for a long time.... Though I agree with you, you guys should be carry along as well.

1 Like

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by shaibu123: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
blues20:

Rivers Igbo have been distancing themselves in Igbo affair for a long time.... Though I agree with you, you guys should be carry along as well.
Is only a suggestion my brother and if the Igbo rivers people wish to come is okay,all we need is to join hand and change this region for good Umu nne m.

1 Like

Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Scream(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
CSTR2:
When you stop celebrating a worse failure in kleptomanaic Tinubu, then you would have the moral grounds. Btw, I am sure you post was not borne out of genuine concern anyway.
Okonjo iweala has atleast the top 100 companies in the world on speed dial. She has more to contribute to a people than your drug dealing Yoruba leader.

She was the Coordinating Minister of the Economy! I mentioned federal projects that they played with for 5 years...after wasting a great opportunity, they want to throw the responsibility back to you and you clowns are rejoicing.

Why didn't they develop the Onitsha port if they so love you, the airport in Enugu wasn't properly upgraded and you had people who should do it right from time. You have joined the enemy in keeping the industrious youths of Nnewi and Aba down... using a techno phone produced in a part of China your people were ahead to type nonsense!

Because you are brainless, you are happy the ones with active brains are held down with wicked policies by inept 'people' politicians. Anuofia!

Don't quote me again...go on sucking, for you it is survival.
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by Scream(m): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
luvinhubby:

She was the federal minister of finance and not Anambra or Imo state commissioner of works.

We run a bad federal system that can impede growth with wrong policies. Where you have to depend on another far region to receive your imported goods and machineries...the road to transport them to your location is terrible... you incur unnecessary cost and waste time whereas you can receive it in your backyard without much stress and those who had the opportunity to make it happen but didn't are being celebrated by you!

Nna regards...God will judge
Re: "Think Home And Build Home" Okonjo Iweala,anyaoku,ngige For S-east Economic Summ by jayrule(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Eastlink:

Bro, apart from Oyigbo and Etche, Ogba and Ikwerre have made it known to us that they Dont want to have anything to do with Ndi Igbo who they are part of. Rivers state Igbos have been distancing themselves from the S/E.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Praise Sango: The People Are Awakening. There Is No Jesus Christ. / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Reveal True Reason Nigeria In Recession / Rare Photo Of Nigerian Police Men Helping A Lady Fix Her Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.