Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Choices - Literature (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices (235608 Views)

Choices / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Ten Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
sunkieisland:
big picture .......
plenty money ego kudi beacoup d'argent owo jaburata

......Lol...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Preciousbouy:
To the bank?? Sha can't wait anymore ooooo
....This week bro.....grin
Re: Choices by Mobecs(f): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oga what did you see faa?
Waiting impatiently for the next update.
Nice work!
Re: Choices by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Let me guess- The man(Maddy's father) isn't sick. It was just a plan. Na the kain plan wey dem plan i no kon knw OoOo.
Am i right or right?@solomonbrown64 cheesy
Re: Choices by domido(m): 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
You saw a healthy dad who survived fought cancer.
Re: Choices by BraniacX(m): 8:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
solomonbrown64:

....Waoh...Alright...
...Although you will have to wait though as I have a lot of work to do on that story... The story is quite disjointed as I just kept posting ideas instead of a tale....Hopefully, I will be posting it somewhere else and not here. Until then, you might find solace in the wolf series or choices....

embarassed that was the story of yours i got baptised with though, so no matter how much better others are, that will always remain the vintage/classic solomonbrown64 as far as i am concerned!
Re: Choices by isyboi12(m): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
oga Solo i hail o... Abeg do make u cont. Abeg, dis piece dy put me on suspence shocked lol...
...More ink 2 ur pEn. 9ice 1
Re: Choices by ChizzyMaris(f): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
solomonbrown64:

.Hmm, I knew something was holding you up....but don't just disappear on me like that again... angry

.....Happy Sunday grin
I won't.
Happy Sunday to you too.
Re: Choices by hormobolanle: 11:13am On Feb 20, 2017
wow. seems Maddy dad escaped death at last! it is a good tin to have faith n it works
bros thumps up Abeg enuf with d suspense.....it is bit good for my health
Re: Choices by loiusdthird(m): 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
solomonbrown64:
........I have got good news guys.... grin

.....The third installment of the wolf series will be out by next week [ the unedited version I mean]...

.....And so I thought it was high time we discussed the price of the book and mode of payment....
....Most of you if not all hate using Okadabooks and I don't like the recharge card method, so I thought about using the bank [ fund transfer] and I think the least amount you send using that method is #1000..... That has kept me thinking if you guys will be comfortable with that price...

....I want to read your suggestions and thoughts on this and I hope that after tomorrow's update, we can finally settle on something....; D
it's just an opinion, how about we pair cus of d prize tag.like one pays d #1000 while maybe two other people contribute #300 to d person and u send it to dem
Re: Choices by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
nice story uve gat here bro...

and i think u should sell the last wolf series at #500....i'd gladly buy it at that
Re: Choices by RAFIC(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
showmeyourpussy:

and i think u should sell the last wolf series at #500....i'd gladly buy it at that

And why should we believe this statement of yours, after seeing your siggy? grin
Re: Choices by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
RAFIC:

And why should we believe this statement of yours, after seeing your siggy? grin

well fortunately it fell under the 0.02% things i say here dat'd be true
Re: Choices by Preciousbouy(m): 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Solomon!!! 1k For me I can afford it bt can't say for others, why don't you post it online lile the rgular one or way u use to... Pls don't misquote me o
Re: Choices by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
You are indeed a talent, i bet u will give chase a run for his money
Re: Choices by deathimmort: 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
you won't believe I joined nairaland just to comment on this story. Mr Solo Brown,I duff my hat
Re: Choices by Precial419: 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
PLS I HOPE MADDYS FATHER IS NOT SOLO FATHER OR SOMEONE WELL KNOWN FROM D PAST
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:15am On Feb 22, 2017
Chapter 4
Reconciliation?

I turned to see a rather strong looking male with white patches of hair on his beards and cropped hair. His eyes weren't that white but at least not sick. He was a bit lean and I was certain that he must have been a big man before the illness. Wait, what am I saying? If this man was truly Maddy's Dad going by the height and strange brown eyes; he should be close to the after- life by now. No, he should be dead actually. What was happening or is this some other lie of Maddy again? Can't these women ever say the truth or is it truly what I have refused to believe even if I hear it in church every time I am there. Was he truly healed? Did Maddy's strange faith in the impossible finally pay off? Is this a miracle? Shitt, it just has to be.

"Are you alright, son? Did I startle you?" The deep voice of Mr. Okoh reverberated through the room.

"No, Sir. I was just a bit surprised, that's all. I am Solomon Osagie and very pleased to finally meet you." I said quickly and he just laughed, which I thought was strange.

His hair on his body, face and scalp were growing as they should, which shouldn't be. His chemotherapy should have made sure that they didn't happen. I looked towards Maddy on the table as her Dad continued to laugh like I was Steve Harvey, for some kind of explanation, but the woman had this dreamy expression on her face. I shook my head and waited for this man to finish his fits of laugh and release me to go sit down as I getting tired of standing.

"My, my, you are just as Lori says — polite and sweet, but I know that look in those eyes of yours any day. You are a hunter." He said with a keen look of interest on his face. I tried to argue that assertion of his but he stopped me mid-way. Great, now I know where both girls took their arrogance from, especially Maddy's authoritarian attitude.

"No, no, please, it's fine. I have waited for years to see that expression on my dear daughter's face again. I thought I would never see that look on her face as I got closer to see my creator again but the Supreme being has other plans for me..." The man rambled on with excitement,

"...Dad, that's enough. I am not somebody's trophy..."

"...Indeed, you ain't but I think I can see why you feel different now, especially when Mr. Solomon is involved. He has those eyes that burns into....." Maddy giggled like a five year old after that sentence while I just wonder what had gotten into the old gentle-man.

"....Come, let's eat, Son." He said and we both moved into the table. I took a seat beside Maddy why Mr. Okoh sat at the head of the table. We were at his left and after a prayer session, we all stood to fill our plates. There was so much food to pick from: rice in its various forms; coconut, jollof, fried and plain white; Salad; meat of all kinds; vegetables and of course, a thick sauce.

I took fried rice which was my favorite and a few meat with sauce. I wasn't a fan of Vegetables and Salad individually, the combination of both will make sure I and the toilet are friends for days. Maddy put a strange look on concerning my choice of meal but I just ignored her and continued with devouring my fried rice and praise God, she didn't make a scene about it. After we were done with eating and I must say that the old man could eat. I took just a round of meal, same with Maddy but the man went back at least three more times. And the funny thing was, we almost finished at the same time. The man ditched the fork and knife and went for the spoon as using the former slowed him down. I had to bite my tongue from laughing when he did that.

Maddy seemed indifferent but to me, it was funny. We started to sip wine after the table had been cleared. I wanted to ask for a bottle of teem or Sprite but held myself from doing so.

"So how did the both of you meet?" The Old man asked, feeling relaxed with his long dark fingers around the wine glass.

"Uhm, we met back in school, the university to be precise." I replied and the man frowned.

"That's more than a decade ago. You mean you have known each other that long?" He asked like it was ridiculous to think that his Daughter had known a particular person for that long.

"Yes Dad, stop being so dramatic." Maddy answered for me, after which she rolled her eyes. The old man seem amused by what his daughter had said and just grinned. He seem to be a very jovial fellow but I knew better than not to take him serious because of that. I have met people like that before and I knew that when they display something of sort, it was just their way of making people think that they were idiots when in reality, they were very intelligent.

"You see what I was referring to when I said she behaves differently when you are involved? Lori never rolls her eyes at anyone or even as much open her teeth. I haven't seen her perfect teeth for years now up until recently, so please don't take it personal when my questions get a bit overboard." He said, still grinning.

"Sure." I simply said and Maddy glared at me for agreeing to what her Dad said.

"Trouble in Paradise?" Mr. Okoh asked like he actually cared.

"No, Sir." I simply replied.

"Good. Now, Lori met you and you guys just hit off and have been well, dating ever since?" He asked with a frown on his face. Maddy or Lori sighed before she answered the question.

"We met Dad and believe it or not, I actually liked him genuinely but we had to go our separate ways, well.... Since... he is a hunter after all." Her Dad looked my way after her reply but instead of a scowl or something, he had this mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Hmmm..so, he made you feel something you had up until that time didn't feel and then, he woke one day, smashed a few preys and then you got to know; felt hurt and called it quit. Right?" Maddy nodded and I felt embarrassed.

"I guess this handsome man was the reason why you ran to the States like you were being pursued. You felt hurt because he cheated. You could have only felt hurt if you can actually feel hurt in the first place. Which means that he was somehow able to unlock that part of you that had been hidden away by you because you were hurt from a loss and the belief that I left you to mourn that loss alone." The Old Man said which greatly irritated Maddy.

"Dad....stop, just stop, okay? Stop trying to analyze what you have no idea about, okay?"

"On the contrary, I actually do." Mr.Okoh said and that made me uncomfortable.
"Now, you left him and I assume that he didn't follow you to the States. Now, I saw you a fee times after then and you seemingly had no life other than your job. You barely notice my presence and then suddenly, you seem to care about my wellbeing. You went back to church and then started the prayers that never seem to end and that got my faith up again which is the very reason I am alive today.
Don't get me wrong; I do appreciate your efforts and the results that has ensued from it because I didn't deserve that from you after how I had failed in being a father but I won't fail to notice that the man beside you has everything to the seemingly new Lori and strangely, the same can be said for your sister too." He said and both I and Maddy seem to jump out of our skins.

"What?" Maddy asked out of shock.

"Calm down, honey. Do you really think that I am not aware of what is happening with the only offsprings I have on this Earth? What sort of a Father would I be if I didn't? Now, I know you have changed jobs at least four times in the last eight years. You have had three restraining orders against your sister and one against you. I know quite alright that there is a lot of friction between you and Lisa and that started because of a certain Remy Leveau and has continued with Mr. Solomon over here." Maddy's jaw was literally on the floor and when she finally picked it up; she asked,

"How?" Her Dad chuckled and then said,

"After you had to leave your job, you always had another cooperation requesting for your services, am I right?" He asked and Maddy nodded.

"How do you think that kept happening? I mean you didn't think you were that good to be wanted immediately you were asked to leave especially for a black woman, did you?" He asked, grinning.

"Jesus ,Dad... I wish I could hit you across the face right now." Maddy growled.
"You knew about our differences and just kept mute, what sort of a father are you?" She asked, already on the brink of tears.

"Common, you have got to understand my situation here. I failed you as a father and I did what I thought I could without interfering, hoping you both will put away your issues but that didn't happen and Mr. Solomon seem to have revived you but that has only made Lisa a bit envious as she has always been. I sought to bring things to a closing chapter with the clause of you both getting married before having my assets as I thought I was going to die. But that didn't happen so now I am going to put things right once and for all." He announced.

"How?" Maddy asked.

"Well, for starters I know that you, Mr. Solomon is quite key to achieving peace between my daughters. I know of your travel to the States and what must have ensued there." He grinned again which made me feel quite stupid.

"But I also know that Lori and you both seem to be a couple and it's certain that you both will get married or something of sorts and that leaves Lisa, all single and frustrated. I have known both girls since Childhood and I know that even up till now, Lisa still hasn't been able to leave the shadow of her sister but she did once as that was the short spell she had with Mr. Crazy Remy. So here is the solution to this elongated drama; you, Mr. Solomon will force Lisa to see her own shadow and not her sister's or you will have to settle down with a real shadow and a false one." He said with a hard look on his face. He was no longer kidding now and I wasn't ready to allow another man tell me what to do.

"Sir, with all due respect, I won't allow you tell me what to do concerning who I settle down with...."

"...That I understand which is why I told you not to get mad as I would be going overboard but this is my solution and the only way out of this as I know these women more than you do however intimate you might have been with them." He said and that made Maddy to cry out again.

"Dad, enough with the tease. Solomon, are you willing to go on with this plan?" She asked, hoping that I would say yes. I nodded as I wanted all this to end. I wanted a life of peace and really wanted to settle down.

"Good that you are willing, now this is what is going to happen...........

...××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××...
.....Alright, The third installment will be ready to be purchased from Friday this week. I will open a thread for the story and post the first chapter here on nairaland so that you can all have a feel of what you all be paying a thousand bucks for. This will be taking place on Saturday. Thanks for your patience grin

.... Since I am done with Nemesis in Love and doing the first round of editing, I won't have any more troubles in updating Choices.....therefore, Choices continues tomorrow, God willing..thanks for your likes and comments.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Precial419:
PLS I HOPE MADDYS FATHER IS NOT SOLO FATHER OR SOMEONE WELL KNOWN FROM D PAST

....Lol...I don't think that's the case here...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:17am On Feb 22, 2017
deathimmort:
you won't believe I joined nairaland just to comment on this story. Mr Solo Brown,I duff my hat

....Lol....Really? I feel honoured bro....keep reading.....
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:17am On Feb 22, 2017
richiearmany14:
You are indeed a talent, i bet u will give chase a run for his money

.....Lol...I am flattered...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Preciousbouy:
Solomon!!! 1k For me I can afford it bt can't say for others, why don't you post it online like the regular one or way u use to... Pls don't misquote me o

.....I can't do the emboldened and we both know why... maybe, when I have a blog.. I might do such again....
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:23am On Feb 22, 2017
loiusdthird:
it's just an opinion, how about we pair cus of d prize tag.like one pays d #1000 while maybe two other people contribute #300 to d person and u send it to dem

....While I am not too happy about that.. I can't control what you do with something that has already been paid for....As long as it has been paid for by a person, the fellow is free to do what he desires to with the copy as long as it is not a criminal offense....; D
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:25am On Feb 22, 2017
showmeyourpussy:

....Thanks but you should be aware that concerning this, I really don't have any option here except you want peeps to go to the bank and pay in #500..all good but if that cannot happen, then we stick to my option...

.....Thanks once again...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:27am On Feb 22, 2017
hormobolanle:
wow. seems Maddy dad escaped death at last!
it is a good tin to have faith n it works

bros thumps up
Abeg enuf with d suspense.....it is bit good for my health

..Lol...Thanks... no more suspense....
....Story continues tomorrow....
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:28am On Feb 22, 2017
isyboi12:
oga Solo i hail o... Abeg do make u cont. Abeg, dis piece dy put me on suspence shocked lol...
...More ink 2 ur pEn. 9ice 1

.....Lol....thanks.... keep reading...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:29am On Feb 22, 2017
BraniacX:

embarassed that was the story of yours i got baptised with though, so no matter how much better others are, that will always remain the vintage/classic solomonbrown64 as far as i am concerned!

.....No p bro, I will soon kick start the series....
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:29am On Feb 22, 2017
Mobecs:
Oga what did you see faa? Waiting impatiently for the next update. Nice work!
......Thanks, update has come...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:30am On Feb 22, 2017
debdave:
Let me guess- The man(Maddy's father) isn't sick. It was just a plan. Na the kain plan wey dem plan i no kon knw OoOo.
Am i right or right?@solomonbrown64 cheesy

......Uhm..close but not close....grin
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:31am On Feb 22, 2017
domido:
You saw a healthy dad who survived fought cancer.

......Na xo....grin
Re: Choices by sleemoon(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2017
solomonbrown64:

....Thanks but you should be aware that concerning this, I really don't have any option here except you want peeps to go to the bank and pay in #500..all good but if that cannot happen, then we stick to my option...

.....Thanks once again...

We can do transfer of 500naira to your account through mobile or atm.... Its possible...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:32am On Feb 22, 2017
ChizzyMaris:
I won't. Happy Sunday to you too.
.....kiss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (48) (Reply)

My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.