Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Sallah During Worst Recession In 29 Years - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sallah During Worst Recession In 29 Years (417 Views)

Our Sallah Meat Is About To Be Enjoyed / A Camel Slaughtered For Sallah In My Area! (pictures) / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sallah During Worst Recession In 29 Years by kodded(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
This year's Eid Kabir celebration comes in the midst of Nigeria's worst economic recession in twenty-nine years. m uslims all around the world are celebrating Eid Kabir, a symbolic remembrance of how Allah spared the life of Isiak and asked that a ram be sacrificed instead. However, this year’s celebration in Nigeria came in the midst of Nigeria's worst economic recession in twenty-nine years . SaharaReporters asked the views of some residents on Lagos Island about the ways in which the recession has affected the Sallah celebration. From the dryness of the streets to the lean sacrificial animals tied to poles, it was easy to see that the effects of the recession had already been felt on Lagos Island. Many families who had never missed out on the symbolic killing could not participate in this year’s ceremony because the price of ram had skyrocketed. The few who could afford to participate were forced to cut their “costs according to their size,” Alhaji Aremu Oshisanya, told SaharaReporters. Mr. Oshisanya added that in past years, he had killed three to four rams, but he could afford two this year. “The situation in the country is terrible. I thank Allah for myself because at least I am able to kill rams. I used to kill two or three but the situation is tight now and I have other responsibilities. My children will resume school very soon and I will have to pay for books and the rest of the things they will need,” he said. Ustadz Isiak Muhammadul Jamiu opined that the frail appearance of the animals is due to the present economic
http://saharareporters.com/2016/09/12/sallah-during-worst-recession-29-years

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Story Of Twakkul. Part 1 / Topics To Study For IRS Jamb Candidates. / Islamic Moral Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.