Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals (48704 Views)

Latest Job Openings Fresh Graduates Can Apply For. Two Are From Multinationals / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by kengreatleads(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
I give this testimony to the glory of God and to the shame of the devil. At the end of my university education; through its ups and downs, bitter and sweet moments, I eventually graduated with a third-class degree in computer science. At that point in my life I was overly disappointed, highly discouraged and even suicidal on my bad days because I knew what was happening in the labour market. Every employer wanted graduates with second class upper and above for the limited and highly coveted employment slots. And here I was, I didn’t even have a 2.2, even if employers wanted to reach out in grace.

I had given my life to Christ on campus, and my thirst for God had intensified during this period. To the glory of God, even with my third-class degree, I did not sit at home as I got a job immediately, which is a whole miracle-story on its own. This job came with great exposure and an intense learning curve for me as a fresh graduate and I embraced the job even though the pay was not fantastic. Those of us who were taken by the company were put through a training programme to initiate us into Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing industry. Time went by and I emerged as one of the brightest trainees through the programme. We were soon staffed and placed on projects for multinational companies. After a while, some of my colleagues started filling out applications and searching for bigger opportunities. They would repeatedly forward job links and vacancies to me as I was considered one of the best among my peers. I did not apply for any of those positions as I was always self-defeated because of my third-class university certificate and the devil held it high up in my face all the time. I continued to do my job diligently and also develop myself in my field.

On Mother’s Day in May 2015, Pastor Nomthi preached about the unmerited grace and favour Moses witnessed in the house of Pharaoh, when there was an order to kill every male child of the Israelites. She said that Moses was not only spared but was raised as a prince. I immediately keyed into this lesson of grace and I was full of faith. I applied for a job someone had recommended me for and I was offered the position on the spot with 100 percent increase with good pension and sumptuous packages.

I thought I had seen all. Before the resumption date I was given, I was invited for another job interview with one of the telecom giants in Nigeria. Through the interview process I had to compete with the best of the best and even more experienced applicants. At the end of the interview and test process which lasted several weeks, I came out top as the preferred candidate of all. Now my problem became choosing between the two offers as they were both fantastic and had good prospects. I sought the face of the Lord who had made all these happen, and eventually I had to turn down the Multi-national Telecom Giant’s offer. Now I am at my new job and I have even been given opportunities to travel to different countries on projects (I had never travelled out of Nigeria before this job).

A month ago, another job offer came through with take-home package closing in on about half a million which I had to turn down after wide consultation and seeking the face of the Lord. I also did not apply for this job; all these opportunities came by recommendation. A third-class graduate now turning down job offers from multinational companies – it can only be God and I am here to give back ALL the praise to HIM alone.

By Yomi Owolabi – Today’s Showers Vol 345 (Fountain of Life Church)

Source: http://amebojoint.com/2016/09/12/third-class-graduate-now-turning-job-offers-multinationals/

344 Likes 37 Shares

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by maxti: 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
Congratulations

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
Blessed man

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Congratulations

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by bennygreat1(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
Congratulations Dear...

Indeed it pays to know God... He alone can do this...

#GodisGreat...

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by okonja(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
That is what we call Grace... wink, Congrats bro

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by johnpaulo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nothing is impossible in life,congratulations.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Inspiring

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by HAH: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
a lot of meticulous employers actually prefer people with weak degrees, because they will be humble and do their work diligently with faithfulness because the employee may not have another chance if they misbehave but people with first class and 2.1 will always have this feeling of arrogance that if I leave I can get another offer because am a 2.1 or sometimes they will abruptly leave to further studies thereby taking along the knowledge they gathered on the job with them and leaving the employer with the pain of looking for another trainee.

100 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Nature129(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
I always say it and will continue saying it, "Nothing strengthens the faith of many Christians, myself inclusive, as testimonies."

People's testimonies literally tell me that those "beautiful stories" I read in the Bible aren't fictions.

May God be forever praised for Him alone deserves our praises.

Congrats, sir! Your story will be a source of inspiration to millions of people that will read it. And I pray it becomes a point of contact for their miracles! Amen!

273 Likes 17 Shares

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Cathony(m): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is really amazing, God bless you man...#EPIC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by extwoo(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
You have given me something today..... HOPE cry

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by wristbangle: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
I key into this unusual testimony in Jesus Name, Amen.

Prof lalasticlala, pls say after me, O God! Give me testimony that will shame my enemies forever.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by wristbangle: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
donbenedict:
Just say u want us to attend ur church. Iranu

When others are trusting God to have same grace as that of OPs', here u are saying derogatory words. My brother, don't you think this is an opportunity for you to key into this unusual blessing?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
When God is involved, your RACE turns to GRACE....

Only God can do this..

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by MzPecs(f): 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
donbenedict:
Just say u want us to attend ur church. Iranu
If this testimony annoys you, just shut it or you go to bed undecided

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by MzPecs(f): 11:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
wristbangle:

When others are trusting God to have same grace as that of OPs', here u are saying derogatory words. My brother, don't you think this is an opportunity for you to key into this unusual blessing?
Don't mind that hector.. sometimes I wonder if he sleeps while typing angry

4 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Pureheart91(m): 12:24am On Sep 13, 2016
A Life Changing Event..... No wonder in the bible:its quoted several times in a form of question
"Is there anytin To hard for God?".

Now the answer lies in our Bossom as his creatures....

Click like if yours is NO
Click share if yours is YES

As for me and my posteirity ours is NO! Nothing @ all..I BELIEVE YOUR WORD AND THAT SETTLES IT.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by afanide: 12:24am On Sep 13, 2016
And some people will keep telling us about CV this CV that.....
It is not by CV o...... I keep teling people. It is by God's Favour......

17 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 7:38am On Sep 13, 2016
God be praised... Congratulations on your achievement and I also key into your testimony that as Christ liveth, with my grade from the University, I shall become the most preferred candidate of employers in Jesus name! His grace shall speaks.

15 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 13, 2016
Luke 1:37

3 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by chiefcontroller: 9:07am On Sep 13, 2016
Your Grace has found me just as I am.

Diligence is key. Seeth though a man diligent in his work, he'll serve before kings and Queens not before mere men.

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Vick4rill(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2016
HAH:
a lot of meticulous employers actually prefer people with weak degrees, because they will be humble and do their work diligently with faithfulness because there may not have another chance if they misbehave but people with first class and 2.1 will always have this feeling of arrogance that if I leave I can get another offer because am a 2.1 or sometimes they will abruptly leave to further studies thereby taking along the knowledge they gathered on the job with them and leaving the employer with the pain of looking for another trainee.

so what is ur point nw? every student shld come out with a 3rd class cus of wat u jst wrote there?? see, even if God grace will shower on you, you still have to put in ur best. arrogance and pride is an individual thing and shld nt be associated with degree aquisition.

18 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Larryfest(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2016
You are destined to do this even if it was 1st class or 2.2 you have...

10 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Nduway(m): 10:32am On Sep 13, 2016
This is the hand of God in your life and also the fruit of your labour in God vineyard

1 Like

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by Nduway(m): 10:32am On Sep 13, 2016
This is the hand of God in your life and also the fruit of your labour in Gods vineyard

2 Likes

Re: A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals by danielukwuru(m): 10:52am On Sep 13, 2016
I believe and that settles it

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.