Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts (44748 Views)

Patience Jonathan Recovers Her Hotel From EFCC In Abuja / John Owan Enoh's Hotel To Be Demolished As He Defects To APC (Photos) / Saraki, Ngwuta, Others May Forfeit Undeclared Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by grodt999: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2016
And her slowpoke of a husband is going around the world as a goodwill ambassador monitoring elections!
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by AZeD1(m): 8:30am On Sep 13, 2016
smellingmenses:

el rufai is worth over a hundred billion naira yet he's an APC saint! where did he make such money?
El Rufai was a billionaire before he got into government.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by AZeD1(m): 8:31am On Sep 13, 2016
cindyrocks:
I wonder when Tinubu whose Oriental Hotel in Victoria Island in Lagos is more expensive will be probed. Check out the hotel:
You should ask GEJ that question. Tinubu has been out of government since 2007 so if GEJ didn't see the need to probe him, whose fault is that?
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by AZeD1(m): 8:33am On Sep 13, 2016
tit:
muguns,
efcc has to prove she acquired the hotel illegally.
she does not have to tell the court anything since Nigerian courts assume she is innocent till efcc convinces us otherwise.
That is the easiest thing to do.
Tax certificates, pay slips et al
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by idupaul: 8:38am On Sep 13, 2016
Businessideas:
I don't know why the hotel has not been sealed since. The government is taking too long to sort out some of the serious crimes GEJ and his family committed against The Nigerian State and that explains why GEJ still has no remorse for his crimes.
Government is broke now because so much was stolen under GEJ.
All these corruption cases are dragging too slow for God sake, the state should hasten the take off of the special courts for corruption cases.

The hotels should never be sealed ..A wise govt will handover the management of the company to a very reputable hospitality franchise to run and share revenue with the Federal Govt ..In this was we will be making sure we don't abandon critical infrastructure and assets to rot under the seal of the EFCC and also we to create more job losses in an economy already battling highest unemployment rates in our history ...Not everything is solved by hammer and nail approach
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by kabhohd(m): 8:39am On Sep 13, 2016
There is no point asking too much questions about why some people have not been probe. If there is anyone indicted over gross financial misconduct, let him or her face the music. We need to know that these guys are our common enemies, whether APC thief or PDP. Its time to be apolitical and pray for the rapid recovery of our stolen common wealth. BTW, non of buhari's minister occupied federal positions in the last dispensation, therefore let the state governors who feel that their predecessors have embezzled public funds investigate and prosecute them. Especially that of Rivers State. We know Tinubu for now still has his stooge in Lagos and may be untouchable. May God deliver us from them all!

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by LydayBobo(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2016
cindyrocks:
I wonder when Tinubu whose Oriental Hotel in Victoria Island in Lagos is more expensive will be probed. Check out the hotel:
I wonder why PDP did not noticed it was built with stolen funds for 16 years. Common sense
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by aroti: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2016
cindyrocks:

He will be probed when your Hero returns to Power in 2050. I wonder what the GEJ led PDP government was busy doing for 8 years when Tinubu had no Immunity?
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by idupaul: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2016
AZeD1:

El Rufai was a billionaire before he got into government.

In that case PEJ was a multi billionaire before she got into office ..can you see how foolish that sounds ..Guy behave yourself
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by jamesibor: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2016
smada13:

pls madam, what do you stand to gain from defending what is indefensible? You can do the maths yourself, she only worked as a civil servant up to the Permanent Secretary level, so how will she have acquired the enormous wealth on display?

Seek knowledge and stop speaking on things you do not know. Patience Jonathan owned and ran a bank as far back as 1997 when Aisha Buhari who is now using N15M wrist watch and N45M hand bag was learning her massage parlour trade.

Not holding brief for her though but just trying to let you know she was not just a civil servant.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2016
naijafella:

Oh, I forgot.She was born with a silver spoon.She inherited a vast fortune from her late billionaire parents.And now EFCC wants to confiscate this family legacy. grin
what are you saying, it is only a fool that will be in a position like that and won't make money. Without curroption I will earn more than that legitimately if I was in a position like that.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by bakynes(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2016
jamesibor:

Seek knowledge and stop speaking on things you do not know. Patience Jonathan owned and ran a bank as far back as 1997 when Aisha Buhari who is now using N15M wrist watch and N45M wrist watch was learning her massage parlour trade.

Not holding brief for her though but just trying to let you know she was not just a civil servant.
Which kind of lie be this one patience Jonathan owned a bank Hahaha! grin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by bakynes(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2016
grossintel:
what are you saying, it is only a fool that will be in a position like that and won't make money. Without curroption I will earn more than that legitimately if I was in a position like that.
Well according to the Nigerian constitution it is wrong to engage in any private business in public office except farming is allowed. She didn't have that hotel before she became the first lady of Nigeria so that means she abused her fraud office to enrich herself and to her advantage.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by ehiwarior: 8:57am On Sep 13, 2016
Businessideas:
I don't know why the hotel has not been sealed since. The government is taking too long to sort out some of the serious crimes GEJ and his family committed against The Nigerian State and that explains why GEJ still has no remorse for his crimes.
All these corruption cases are dragging too slow for God sake, the state should hasten the take off of the special courts for corruption cases.

Sharap my friend, what do u know
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by jamesibor: 8:58am On Sep 13, 2016
bakynes:

Which kind of lie be this one patience Jonathan owned a bank Hahaha! grin

This is why Nigerians remain ignorant and gullible. Google is your friend Mr Man.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by cmecproblem(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2016
Businessideas:
These cases will be easily wrapped up and convictions handed out if the power Buhari seeks is given to him. But its scary giving Buhari that kind of power. Due process is always very slooow
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by AZeD1(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2016
idupaul:

In that case PEJ was a multi billionaire before she got into office ..can you see how foolish that sounds ..Guy behave yourself
No you are the one that sounds foolish.
PEJ has always been a career civil servant.
El Rufai owned one of the biggest surveying firms in Nigeria.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasir_Ahmad_el-Rufai

Lots of guys were made before politics and PEJ is not one of them.

Get yourself an Education before you quote me.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by 4nobody4every1: 9:02am On Sep 13, 2016
smada13:
And some people will be shouting marginalization when their own elders embezzled and ate away their kids, cities and generation's future...

she needs to be tied to the gallows....
and flogged seriously angry angry angry

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Bimpe29: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2016
Haba! The Jonathans tried for Naija.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Nuezha(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2016
cindyrocks:

Who told you that Tinubu owns Oriental Hotel?!
Novice of the 21st Century.
The Hotel is owned in parts by two people: A Chinese investor and the Alli family. Because they hanged Tinubu's photograph there made the lies to fester.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by cmecproblem(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2016
idupaul:

The hotels should never be sealed ..A wise govt will handover the management of the company to a very reputable hospitality franchise to run and share revenue with the Federal Govt ..In this was we will be making sure we don't abandon critical infrastructure and assets to rot under the seal of the EFCC and also we to create more job losses in an economy already battling highest unemployment rates in our history ...Not everything is solved by hammer and nail approach

It will cost alot to run this hotel, see what happened to that big hotel seized from alamesiegha and handed over to bayelsa state, they couldn manage it.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by bakynes(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
jamesibor:

This is why Nigerians remain ignorant and gullible. Google is your friend Mr Man.
Guy you too lie oh! I just read her profile on Wiki she owned a community bank called Akpo community bank in PH and was just a marketing manager in imiete community bank. I even thought you were talking about a commercial bank. Community bank now Microfinance bank is what you called owning a bank something must be wrong with you. My ordinary neighbour here sef get microfinance bank called (Jubilee life Savings and loan) in Gowon Estate, Lagos) These with her perm secretary position is what made her build a 10billion naira hotel and had 31 million dollars in some of her accounts.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by deebsman1(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
tit:
muguns,
efcc has to prove she acquired the hotel illegally.
she does not have to tell the court anything since Nigerian courts assume she is innocent till efcc convinces us otherwise.

Someone that declared she's worth around only 20m in 2007 and hasn't been involved in business since that time
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by BlackBaron: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2016
bakynes:
I wonder for all these wailers oh!
1. He came from one of the richest family in the SW his grandmother was a slave merchant.
2. He schooled in one of the best universities in the world in Canada.
3. He was a former chief accountant and treasurer of Mobil Nigeria.
4. He was a big drug Baron in the USA and was cleared by the US govt after forfeiting half of his earnings and $50m.
5. He was a former senator of the Federal republic of Nigeria during the second republic
6. He was the former governor of the richest state in Nigeria( makes him entitled to good salary and allowances packages)
7. He is the National leader of the current ruling party in Nigeria.

Wow, You are proudly extolling a slave merchant and a 'drug baron' ?
Maybe his grandmother's chain never left your neck then. (enslaved and doesn't know it)

While at it, ask for your school fees refunded from all the institutions that offered you a supposed semblance of education. I think becoming a slave is a better prospect for you.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by fxskye: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2016
cindyrocks:
Check out Tinubu's very expensive Oriental hotel, but so bad he won't be probed because he belongs to the ruling party: APC.

Unfortunately, Jonathan and the remaining PDPs made mistake of not probing Tinubu while they were in power.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by bakynes(m): 9:15am On Sep 13, 2016
BlackBaron:

Wow, You are proudly extolling a slave merchant and a 'drug baron' ?
Maybe his grandmother's chain never left your neck then. (enslaved and doesn't know it)

While at it, ask for your school fees refunded from all the institutions that offered you a supposed semblance of education. I think becoming a slave is a better prospect for you.
Guy no vex I know say e pain you but just stating his profile and that is the truth.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by cktheluckyman: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2016
AZeD1:

You should ask GEJ that question. Tinubu has been out of government since 2007 so if GEJ didn't see the need to probe him, whose fault is that?
Since GEJ also did not probe patience why is Buhari probing her
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by abdulkayus(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2016
idupaul:

Guy, if u dont know, better know now and save urself from ingorance.
El rufai is a well accomplished real estate consultant. He graduated with a first class, work for a while, then establish his own company. He has been made before he was appointed a DG of BPE, then Minister of FCT. Am nt sayin he is 100 percent bt he has a well befittin career.
While PEJ was just a mere civil servant and then wife of a President.
So compare and contrast.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2016
Bujumbura:
If PEJ is cprrupt let her face the music but why hasn't EFCC probed Buratai for buying houses in Dubai and what about Dambazzu that embezzled defence fnd also.

These are men handling delicate issues like Insurgency.
We can afford to pull the plug at this moment.
We will get back to them at the due time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by abdulkayus(m): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2016
idupaul:

Guy, if u dont know, better know now and save urself from ingorance.
El rufai is a well accomplished real estate consultant. He graduated with a first class, work for a while, then establish his own company. He has been made before he was appointed a DG of BPE, then Minister of FCT. Am nt sayin he is 100 percent bt he has a well befittin career.
While PEJ was just a mere civil servant and without any tangible business and then wife of a President.

So compare and contrast.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by AZeD1(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Since GEJ also did not probe patience why is Buhari probing her
Because he has the power to.
Besides nobody was probing Patience, she opened her mouth and jumped inside the case.
Re: Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts by ChessEnthusiast: 9:32am On Sep 13, 2016
Businessideas:
It is youths like you and me that occupy twitter to defend these crooks and thieves when the heat is on them. Naija, which way
Black man, black mentality.
Dumb Nigeria yoots fighting for those who raped them blind by stealing away their Commonwealth.
Talk about Stockholm Syndrome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Commissions Seriake Dickson Foundation Office In Bayelsa (Photos) / FG Gives FAAN, NAMA, Others 45 Days To Relocate Headquarters To Abuja / Defense Headquarters Reacts To Seaman Haruna Goshit Video, Begins Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.