Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread. (73065 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by mukina2: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2009
George_D:

well i post in other threads and i can tell you this is by far the most locked thread on nl!

bia . .waka, most locked thread kini?

is your thread more popular than ours?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by eyonigger(m): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2009
mukina2:

bia . .waka, most locked thread kini?

is your thread more popular than ours?

Is there anything such as popular thread? Ok oo, I can see politicking moderazzzaaa!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2009
eyonigger:

Muki na u suppose make waka.
Abegee comot for hia, abi u think sey we be bollo for hia? (KRAYOLA) lOL,

hahah. Nice one. My head juss dey swell for here grin grin

You are officially the 1st person to quote my rhymes. wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Borat1: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2009
Barca, no matter how much trophy they win still manage to look so dull and ordinary. . .
They lack the glitz and glamour of Madrid. . .
If na madrid win treble last season eh. . . Chei! shocked
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2009
Madrid craves attention. We crave perfection on the field.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by GeorgeD1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2009
if popularity is what you crave, i don't see how locking out members could help you achieve that?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2009
Xavi has returned to Barcelona suffering from knee pain, he won't join up with the Spain squad for the Bosnia game and will instead stay with Barça in order to undergo the suitable treatment from our own medical team. Finger crossed he's available for the Valencia game on Saturday. cry

-------------------------------------------------

Why didn't Del Bosque just play their bench. Why play Xavi in a meaningless game? angry angry
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by mukina2: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
George_D:

if popularity is what you crave, i don't see how locking out members could help you achieve that?
who got locked out?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2009
George D got locked out lol
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2009
Valencia vs Barcelona Preview: (from fcbrcelonanews.com )

Well what a difference a year makes. This match was meant to be played at Los Ches new ground, the 75,000 Nou Mestalla, but crippled with €400 million debts complete disarray at board level throughout last year means that construction has stopped and the Blaugrana will try and swat the bat again at the Mestalla.

This has been a very difficult period for Spain’s third most successful club side. Earlier in the year it looked as if they were going to have to sell their prized assets in Villa, Mata and Silva as bankruptcy loomed ever closer with the administration unable to find a buyer for their ground and with the club failing to get into the lucrative Champion’s League. The whole saga was in danger of sounding very much like the soap opera Newcastle fans have had to endure for many years, with first Vicente Soriano promising to find the funds to save them, but failing and eventually Manuel Llorente coming in at the last minute with a rescue package, and what a rescue package that was. God knows how he did it, but all that matters is that he did and the club could look forward instead of backwards again.

In the summer while the rest of the world seemed to go mad in the transfer market, Valencia went about their work quietly and diligently reinforcing their defence with Dealbert, Bruno, Mathieu and Moyá coming in for a total of €6 million. More impressively is their ability to have kept hold of players and have appeared to keep them happy…up to now at least!

This season has been pretty good so far for Valencia. They only have one defeat in 8 (against Getafe away), they have beaten the flamenco dancing, chorizo eating, gitano loving, high flying destroyers of Madrid, Sevilla and sit 5th in La Liga. They have scored on average 2 goals a game in the league but have also let them in at the alarming rate of 1.5 a game. That might be enough against some of the mediocre teams but it could prove to be fatal against Barcelona, who although played below par against Almeria, are starting to get into their stride. Barca also know that a win away against a team that have to be considered as one of the top four in Spain will put massive pressure on their eternal enemies in the capital. It might be too early to say that this is a season defining match, but it is as close to that as you are going to get, it will certainly set the tone for the rest of the campaign with Madrid having to play catch up.

On to the match itself and Valencia, much to the mighty Blaugrana’s delight, will be out their talisman (and arguably the worlds best forward with the worst facial hair) David Villa and their hardman Marchena in the midfield. Joaquin is also missing for Los Ches so this should all make Barca’s job a little easier. It will be interesting to see what tactics Unai Emery will adopt in the absence of these players and it will go a long way in showing us what their ambitions for the season will be. It would be unimaginable for them to field a 4-5-1 formation at home, so I would expect their usual 4-4-2 with Zigic coming in for Villa. However, I suspect that they would take a repeat of the 2-2 from the corresponding fixture last season. Getting a CL place will be the priority this year for the Valenciana’s and a point on Saturday will be a big step towards it.

Barca themselves don’t have any confirmed injury worries apart from Milito but Henry, Chygrynskiy and Iniesta have picked up knocks in recent weeks and so it will be interesting to see whether they start or not. I shall update this part closer to the game, once we have confirmation one way or the other on player availability.

Probable Line-Ups :

Valencia CF:

----------------------Cesar--------------------
Bruno------Navarro-----Dealbert—Mathieu
Silva----Ever Banega---Albelda------Mata
-----------------Miku----Zigic---------------

Alexis may start, although he has fallen out of favour in the last few weeks. Valencia play a solid 4-4-2 relying on two defensive pivots and will rely on quick counter attacks through their tricky wingers Silva and Mata feeding Miku and usually Villa. Not having Villa available will give Pep an interesting headache. Zilic is not quick or particularly good, but he is massive and scores goals. One would expect that he will go with his strongest defensive pairing in Puyol and Pique, with Abidal on the left to combat the pacey Miku.

FC Barcelona

-------------Valdes-------------
Alves—Pique—Puyol—Abidal
--------------Yaya----------------
---------Xavi------Keita--------
Messi--------Ibra---------Iniesta
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2009
@ eyoniggah. Please update the thread title to show what the next game is. Thanks.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2009
guys, when is our next match coming up?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by GeorgeD1(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2009
mukina2:

who got locked out?

you're always locking the thread when it matters most. that's the complaint.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
honeric01:

guys, when is our next match coming up?

Saturday October 17th
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
ok, what time?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2009
honeric01:

ok, what time?

9 PM Naija time.

[size=14pt]Ibra talks to Revista Barca[/size]

Barca's latest signing talks to the “Revista Barca” in their latest edition about his career so far and his first few months at the club.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic spoke to the club's magazine before the game against Malaga and revealed much about his background, his motivation and his hopes and expectations for his time at Barca.

Winning mentality

Zlatan's father was Bosnian and his mother Croatian and he grew up in the a quiet Swedish town. He began playing football at Rosengard where he began to develop his strong personality: “you have to be strong in life and I didn't let anybody put me down. If you show me respect, I'll respect you. I like people to speak clearly and say things as the are. I don't want to be second, third or fourth . That's the same as being last. I want to be first – or nothing”,

Inter

La Liga is Ibrahimovic's fourth league after starting in Sweden, moving to Ajax and then Italy where he played two seasons at Juventus before switching to Inter for the next three years. Now he's at Barca and he's clear about the difference between this and his previous clubs: “At Inter there were not as many players who could turn a game. When one of them was off form, the game was tough, but here even if one of the best players Is out, there is always somebody else who can make a difference ready to come in. That's want makes Barca such a great team”.

Eto'o

The Swedish striker's goals and assists so far this season have put a stop to any yearnings for Eto'o from the fans, but Ibrahimovic has plenty of respect for the African striker: “ he did a great job at Barca and I've got a lot of respect for what he did. He's one of the greats, but that pressure doesn't affect me, maybe the opposite in fact, it drives me on. However, I don't think you can compare us as we are so different”.

Guardiola

After working under bosses such as Koeman, Capello, Mancini or Mourinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic likes Guardiola's system: “he explains well what he wants and wants to know what you like most, what you want to do, There's always a very open dialogue. He's got a winning mentality like me, but he also wants to win with elegance and by playing attractive football”.

A place in history

With five goals in his first five League appearances, Ibrahimovic has made his mark and entered into club history, a history he is very well aware of: “I remember the times of Romario, then Ronaldo, one of the best ever players – the most complete footballer ever for me. Players like Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Romário, Eto'o,  they've all done extraordinary things here and I'd love to be able to leave my mark too”.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Borat1: 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2009
Bullshit from a crap player. . .
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
sittin on top of the world. . . u look like an ant from this far up.  grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by eyonigger(m): 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
@ Kray, its done.

I think Henry sustained the kind of injury Milito had wayback, I doubt if he'll be able to play for the rest of the season.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 12:08am On Oct 13, 2009
@ eyo

Wetin do henry
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 12:45am On Oct 13, 2009
[size=14pt]Barcelona Pair Xavi and Marquez Doubful For Valencia Trip - Report[/size]

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola will have to sweat over the fitness of Xavi Hernandez and Rafael Marquez ahead of their game against Valencia on Saturday night, according to Super Deporte.

Xavi returned from international duty with Spain after picking up a thigh injury in the 2-1 win over Armenia on Saturday. The midfield playmaker felt some discomfort in his right knee during the World Cup qualifier, which resulted in overloading pressure on his right thigh. A combination of this thigh strain and fluid on his knee may rule Xavi out of the game at the Mestalla.

Marquez was replaced in the final quarter hour of Mexico's 4-1 win over El Salvador at the weekend and is not expected to be fit for the game against Los Che.

Andres Iniesta on the other hand may feature. The midfield dynamo shipped a heavy challenge in the Armenia game, sparking fears of a recurrence of the injury that kept him out of action for four months but it appears now that he is in good condition after training as normal with Spain on Monday. He is not expected to feature against Bosnia on Wednesday so should be fit for the game against Valencia.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2009
we can't afford to lose this game, we must beat Valencia come this Saturday, i bet pep knows what to do with the midfield and he's definitely not going to disappoint.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

we can't afford to lose this game, we must beat Valencia come this Saturday, i bet pep knows what to do with the midfield and he's definitely not going to disappoint.

Most Definitely cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2009
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2009
no lele, we shall see come sunday
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by slimshay(m): 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2009
haba, barca, we know say una sabi play, and e dey do una gish gish grin, but man, this match is still way off on saturday, at least wait till thurday before analysing nah. ehn?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2009
Leaders in Europe

Barça is the only team in the major European leagues to maintain a 100% record.

Guardiola’s Barça will enjoy their position as the only team to have won all their league encounters to date
for at least another fortnight. If Barça win again on their next outing to Valencia’s Mestalla stadium, not only
will they continue their run as the only team in Europe to enjoy a 100% record, they will also break a Club record.

Barca equal best start in history

With the win over Almeria, Barca equalled their best ever start to a league season with six wins from six. The 18 points they've taken means they top the table ahead of Sunday's game between Seville and Madrid at the Sánchez Pizjuán.

The record, as a result of the wins over Sporting (3-0), Getafe (0-2), Athletico Madrid (5-2), Racing (1-4), Màlaga (0-2) and Almeria (1-0), matches those of the 1929/30, 1990/91 and 1997/98 seasons.

We d Best [img]http://www.barcaforum.com/image.php?u=4&dateline=1233189625[/img]
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2009
slimshay:

haba, barca, we know say una sabi play, and e dey do una gish gish grin, but man, this match is still way off on saturday, at least wait till thurday before analysing nah. ehn?

we are not super eagles, so we don't fancy fire brigade approach grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by ogazi007(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2009
We are barca!we breaks and set new records.if its easy to be barca then try treble and continue winning  trophies.
I dare u all to watch Almighty barca against valencia on sunday,i promise you will watch footie that gladden your heart even if u cant afford a bottle of beer.Barca for life
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
honeric01:

we are not super eagles, so we don't fancy fire brigade approach grin

Abi ooo Honeric, We no dey make mouth
We let our footie do the talking
even blind people know say we d best!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2009
khanye:

Abi ooo Honeric, We no dey make mouth
We let our footie do the talking
even blind people know say we d best!
grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by chic2pimp(m): 4:50am On Oct 14, 2009
A YOUNG CESC & PIQUE REPRESENTING THE BARCA JUNIOR TEAM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 / Arsenal Vs Barcelona: UCL (0 - 2) On 23rd February 2016 / Watford Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 5th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.