Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal (2655 Views)

Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property / EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders / PHOTO: Man Petitions EFCC In A Unique Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by obi2obi(m): 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2006
I read the report this morning, "PTDF-A beehive of Irregularities" my guy that thing is damning, all those projects financed by the PTDF though it is not within its remit, can you imagine, actually it is 9jah after all, I can imagine, when will it all change. When will our money start reaching its intended destination and not the pockets of the presidents and his cronies, Atiku included. Atiku's ship is sinking after all so he is attempting to take all with him
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by mazaje(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2006
i was amazed when i saw the revelation by atiku of all the shaddy dealings of the PTDF, na wah for niaja ohh ,am speechless. pls i will like those of u that have'nt had the opportunity of reading about the scandal to go through this link. its very very scary all u will read about is how billions have been eaten by that old ugly baboon that calls him self our persident and his associates.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=66107
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by mazaje(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2006
my heart bleeds for nigeria cry cry cry cry cry cry cry sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by ishmael(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2006
When will BABA face the panel?? Will he even agree to be interrogated in the first place??
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by IykeD1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2006
What report? You mean the report doctored and delivered by Atiku? Not defending Obasanjo
here, but I guess if it all came from the mouth of Atiku then it must be the gospel truth, right?

I thought he was supposed to appear and defend himself, it seems he was using it as his last
shot at Obasanjo and to prop up his dying political dream. So basically Obasanjo and friends
are corrupt and he Atiku and his associates are squeaky clean? That seems to be his defense
from day one.

Of course, the story wouldn't be complete without throwing in Transcorp - so OBJ took a loan
from UBA to buy the shares, but oh somewhat, it was because he had to give them some
Federal Government deposits. . . Atiku is a fraud passing as a honest and decent being!!!
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by Roscodaddy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2006
This country,one day will blow up,just look how much was paid to OBJ's Lawyer for registering a firm worth #23,000,000 million naira(250 MILLA)na wah,also computers worth 10 million dollars were purchased,another #1 Billion naira for a gun name OBJ 006 see I don tire for these men,infact that Amala man.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by saintchux(m): 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2006
Iyke-D:

What report? You mean the report doctored and delivered by Atiku?

EFCC delivered their report, u believed, but Atiku delievered, u call it doctored and u are not supporting OBJ.
Read Atiku's report very wellhttp://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=66207

Both OBJ and Atiku erred. They mismanaged the PTDF fund. OBJ will never deny not know how those fund are been used during the period Atiku was over seeing PTDF, now that they have fallen apart he want to claim saint. This is just like th ecological fund of Plateau state that they used to sponsor 2003 election. OBJ and PDP have recked this country and need to be shown the way out

OBJ and Atiku should be impeached and all the money looted recovered. If not then Nigerian's should match to the grave of Abacha to render apology to him for all the embarrasment given to him for looting.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by IykeD1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2006
@saintchux,

Please read today's headlines from either Thisday, Punch, or Vanguard. Atiku was so
truthful he didn't even bother to swear an oath using the Koran before his testimony.
He is too honest and important to be bothered with swearing before Allah to tell the
truth!

Do the math, mention billions looted, add third term, throw in Transcorp and yes you
will sway public opinion and take the spotlight off you.

He did not bother to explain why he single handedly authorized a $20million transaction
when his limit was N50 million.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by omofineboy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2006
@ siantchux, mazaje

You guys are right, for once we are able to know the rot going on in the seat of power, we are able to know how billions that belong to nigerians are stolen, we are able to know the thieves, Obasanjo must pay for this, Atiku is already paying but they must both go to jail, I guess thats why he chose Yaradua as his stooge to cover up the mess, God is all wise He alone will surprise them, Funds that suppose to be used to develop PTI in Delta State are being used to fund elections, who knows where 2007 election funding will come from?
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by mazaje(m): 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2006
@Iyke-D

do u expect the presidency to openly come out and agree with what atiku said? when the members of the house of representatives brought the millions that was given to them by OBJ to the floor of the house to impeach the then speaker of the house Ghali Umar Naaba ,what did the presidency say? didnt the say it was all lies? what about the 50Million naira bribe given to the members of the national assembly to support the 3rd term campaing? what did the presidency say about it? didnt they say it was all lies? we all know all this things did happen so they can't lie to us they can only fool them selves
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by saintchux(m): 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2006
quote author=Iyke-D link=topic=33480.msg769776#msg769776 date=1166617273]
@saintchux,

Please read today's headlines from either Thisday, Punch, or Vanguard. Atiku was so
truthful he didn't even bother to swear an oath using the Koran before his testimony.
He is too honest and important to be bothered with swearing before Allah to tell the
truth!

[/quote]

I read headlines and details. Atimes headline deceives people. What of a headline like this " ATIKU FLAWS PDP" only for to read it and find out that is just a court judgement saying that PDP suspending Atiku is null and void. Please read details and not headlines. Headlines is used to sale Newspaper.

We don't need oath of koran or bible to reveal evil. After all OBJ took oath to defend the consitution. you can explain better on supreme court ruling on Lagos LG fund.

Iyke-D:

Do the math, mention billions looted, add third term, throw in Transcorp and yes you
will sway public opinion and take the spotlight off you.

My deduction from all Atiku has been saying is that OBJ also looted. That he even looted more than him. I still insist that OBJ was part of the looting and two of them should be impeached. I hope you read Gani's view in todays paper. Details not headline. http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=66197

[quote author=Iyke-D link=topic=33480.msg769776#msg769776 date=1166617273]

He did not bother to explain why he single handedly authorized a $20million transaction
when his limit was N50 million.

This is Atiku's defense.

"In addition to the above, the EFCC has mischievously alluded to my approval of an additional
US$20 million as funding for the PTDF's activities as an unauthorised transaction. Firstly, as
I have said repeatedly about this matter, I approved this additional sum of US$20 million for
the PTDF based on the Executive Secretary's memo in which he informed me that the
additional funds were required to achieve uniformity and geo-political spread in the
implementation of the projects that they were then undertaking. Secondly, it is quite
misleading to say that this transaction was unauthorized. I am astonished, shocked and filled
with indignation to hear claims that I acted unilaterally in approving a sum such as this. For
the avoidance of doubt, I wish to state categorically that I discussed this matter with the
President in person and he did not object
. It was within this context and the global approval
already given by the President to fund and implement the PTDF's programme of action that I
gave the approval for this US$20 million. In any event, this disbursement has already been
authenticated by the Honourable Minister of Finance"
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by IykeD1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2006
@saintchux

I wasn't merely asking you to read the headlines - I expected you to read the full articles
and the depositions/statements made by other actors in the PDTF probe. I apologize for
using headlines instead of "details". Can you now go back to reading the "details"? wink

A probe is going on and testimonies are being heard, why do we need to use deduction to
get it from Atiku that he looted or mismanaged funds under his care? Until he can stand up
and say YES, we looted and mismanaged the PTDF accounts, he has no credibility with me. He
knows he has lost out in the power tussle and he is just simply hauling whatever ammo he
has left at Obasanjo - a mixture of some truths, outright lies, and some hot buttons issues
that most Nigerians finds suspicious about Obasanjo's true intent like 3rd term or Transcorp.

Yes, I am sure he discussed the $20million disbursement with the President in person, very
credible Atiku! If he really had the best interest of the country at heart, why not table the
matter before the Executive Council where it will get into the minutes of the meeting as even
the President doesn't even have the authority to sign off on that amount without the Executive
Council input. Rather its now he say she say, vintage Atiku.

I find it just a little bit amusing that he conveniently chose to skip the Koran when giving his
testimony - everyone else did swore an oath with either the Bible or Koran. Yes I know
there are just books (holy), but the symbolism of his action is not lost on many especially on
some moslems given the circumstances. I guess he figures "I am Atiku, take my words, its
always the truth".

Have always been a fan of Gani, and of course he is not right all the time. There is nothing
wrong with calling for the probe of the Presidency, however, asking for an impeachment
based on the words of Atiku without a probe is essentially putting the cart before the horse.
He has jumped the gun on a few of his calls, but above all he is still a credible guy.

@mazaje
In as much as I don't expect the presidency to openly agree with Atiku, I also don't expect to
to assume that every word or statement coming from Atiku is the truth as well.

About that famous N50million bribe to members of NA, isn't it amazing today that none of this
guys have actually taking their N50million to the EFCC and to file a petition? I suppose we can
blame that too on OBJ.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by ishmael(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2006
OBJ needs to go and apologise to Mrs. ABACHA and her family.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by Dauda(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2006
The Atiku report just goes to show that both Atiku and OBJ are criminals. The only reason we are getting to know about all these behind the scene deals is because they fell out with each other. If everything was ok between these two rogues, Nigerians would not have known how much they both plundered and pillaged our national purse. They both deserve to be publicly executed for corruption.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by alabiyemmy(m): 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2006
what legacy does Atiku have to rule this country - sentiments apart? Corruption will be embelished if he wins the election. A man who openly fights against the ruling President, without respect to the post he is aspiring to occupy? What vision has he? AC is joking.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by samorijack(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2006
WHEN WILL NIGERIA AND BY EXTENTION ,THE BLACK RACE GET IT RIGHT,SIMILAR EVENTS ARE OCCURING ALL OVER AFRICA, MAY'BE THE BLACK MAN IS REALLY CURSED, IT'S ALL SO SAD cry HOW CAN A COUNTRY DEVELOP WHEN IT'S LEADERS ARE THIS CORRUPT AND INEPT, i think we need one of those miracle working pastors to do some thing about this grin
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by alabiyemmy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2006
@ samorijack

Nigeria will probably has the most number of churches than any other country worldwide - we go to church, but the church is not reflected in us - we go to the mosque but the mosque is not reflected in us - Gos is watching - when anything happen, we say it is God's will - hmmm- instead of looking inside and making changes within, it is sad.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by saintchux(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2006
Iyke-D:

A probe is going on and testimonies are being heard, why do we need to use deduction to
get it from Atiku that he looted or mismanaged funds under his care? Until he can stand up
and say YES, we looted and mismanaged the PTDF accounts, he has no credibility with me. He
knows he has lost out in the power tussle and he is just simply hauling whatever ammo he
has left at Obasanjo - a mixture of some truths, outright lies, and some hot buttons issues
that most Nigerians finds suspicious about Obasanjo's true intent like 3rd term or Transcorp.

The problem we have is when we two people give us report and we believe one and reject the other one. EFCC gave report, Atiku gave report, and other agencies gave reports too. Why is it that is only Atiku own is a mixture of some truths, ouright lies, and hot button issues. EFCC report is the truth. OBJ report is the truth.

Did OBJ not buy shares in Transcorp? Did selling of Nitel to Transcorp duelly done considering the president been a share holder?

Iyke-D:

Yes, I am sure he discussed the $20million disbursement with the President in person, very
credible Atiku! If he really had the best interest of the country at heart, why not table the
matter before the Executive Council where it will get into the minutes of the meeting as even
the President doesn't even have the authority to sign off on that amount without the Executive
Council input. Rather its now he say she say, vintage Atiku.

If the president gave him the go ahead to approve, then he should not approve it abi? Because FEC have not authorised it. Why did he discuss it with him in the first instance. Why not just approve.Now because the going is bad, they are using it to prosecute him.

Remember OBJ used billions of naira for census without national assembly approval. The request was sent to national assembly when it was discovered that such money was spent.

My broda, this is politics. When the going turns bad. Even your wife will deny you.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by IykeD1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2006
@saintchux

I will allow some of your point. Care to explain why Atiku did not swear an oath using the Koran,
that really baffles me.

Unlike some people, I don't see the EFCC and Obasanjo as the same because there have been
close associates of the President that were hounded by the EFCC. I believe Ribadu has more
personal credibility than that.

Up till now, Atiku is yet to come up with a credible defense, except for Obasanjo and associates
did worse things or if he mentions Transcorp and 3rd term enough he will be off the hook.

With respect to Obasanjo and Transcorp, I have always maintained that there was a serious
conflict of interest, how the President or his advisors failed to see that boggles my mind. But
at least it has been established that [b]he took a loan from UBA [/b]to buy the shares which has
been divested. If Obasanjo was swimming in these billions that Atiku is claiming he looted, why
bother with a mere N200million loan? Also, to buttress my point, if it wasn't for the fact that
Atiku was trying to stir up emotions, why mention Transcorp at all even as himself seems to
be aware that the shares were bought with a loan?
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by joshO: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2006
Guys, give it to him, Atiku is certainly a manipulator extraordinaire, , with a retinue of spin doctors and paid advisers that will put OBJ's aids in the shade anyday.

First, he drops in words like Third term, TransCorp to ride on popular emotions. He is such a bad leader, willing to sink the entire ship if he's not made captain. It is that desperation that irritates me the most and will guarantee his demise.

Opposition to third term have become a badge of honour for him,  and the only "achievement" he has to his name after 8 years as VP. Opposing third term does not suddenly make him President material. Besides, his opposition to third term was largely to preserve his futile ambtion, whist protecting himself from another 4 years of EFCC.

He should retire to his luxurious mansion in Maryland together with OBJ and spare us this arrant emptiness,  Barawo banza.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by azorjiu(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2006
I don't believe that throughout his tenure, Mr. Obj did not 'pick-pocket' from the national honey-pot. He must have stolen something knowing or unknowing.

I also don't believe Mr. Atiku's testimony completely. What do you expect from a drowning man? Sink to the bottom without holding unto an object? NO!!! Obj might be Atiku's object. His intentions are bold and clear. Naturally, he is desperately trying to sink with the President, who is the cause of his many woes.

We may never know the truth after all. Whereas Atiku will be trying to cast aspersions on the person of Mr. Obasanjo, he (Obj) will in turn be preoccupied with ruining what is left of the integrity of Mr. Atiku.

Our arguments on this issue will be based on assumptions and sentiments. We will never never the truth.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by omofineboy(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2006
No one thought that OBJ is as corrupt as it has been proved by Mr Atiku, no one says Atiku is a saint, what I dislike mostly in we Nigerians is hypocrisy, why was OBJ deceiving us before? I am sure in his hearts he will be regreting ever exposing Atiku, someone says that EFCC has Investigated OBJ friends, if EFCC ever does they are friends like Atiku who fell out in the power game or if u know anyone pls tell me who didnt fall out before EFCC investigated him, Bode George as example readily comes to mind, he is still close to President and investigated by the EFCC, indicted by the EFCC Chairman but was exonerated by the almighty of Aso rock what about that?

Obj is as criminally minded as atiku

Atiku for whatever it takes has proved beyonf doubt that the whole presidency is stinking corruption and fraud, Andy Uba was Obj's aide, convicted for illegal transoprtation of funds into the US, still he is the annointed anambra governor in waiting, what are we talking here, Atkiu said Akin Osuntokun also collected money did he deny it?, he said Obasanjo collected from the fund did he deny it? he said El Rufai benefited did he deny it, what else do we need to conclude that they are all robbers.

For once we were able to know OBJ is not a christian as he proclaim, we were able to know that he has fleet of women friends who were being sponsored by state funds, These people, I have always said will be punished I am very confident, and that tells you why Yaradua whose health is a failure has to be imposed on PDP, so that OBJ will be pardoned, lets wait and see wonders that God has for us in 2007, forget about them. we will rejoice about the intervention of God on this forum soon, mark my word. they are all barawos, oles
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by DRANOEL(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2006
i have read both reports and this is my deductions

1.if ptdf approved for money to be lodged in 12 banks including etb and tib before atiku came on sit why is he now being prosecuted for money lodged in both?

2.why is no body talking about the fact that cbn has cleared etb in the deal?

3.ribadu came out to say spring-bank was capitalised with ptdf funds. spring bank issued a statement that nothing of such happened,they said rather they paid tib's debt. why is nobody talking about that?

4.is it atiku's business to know how banks invest their money?

5.was the so called money put in these banks not returned with interest?

6.i read the former ptdf's boss response and all he kept talking about was that there are moles in ptdf who leaked confidential information to atiku and so such staff to be prosecuted. is he not in a way giving credence to atiku's defence

7.if atiku orders money to be put into a bank and his friend collects loan from the same bank six months later and obasanjo orders money to be put in a bank and two weeks later fed.govt collects a loan from the same bank,three weeks later obasanjo holdings collects loan from the same bank to buy shares in transcorp,who looks more guilty?

lets not give a dog a bad name to hang it,i fail to see the big scandal in ptdf partaining atiku that efcc is making so much noise about,why is obasanjo so afraid of atiku,what is he hiding?
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by ishmael(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2006
m
DRANOEL:

lets not give a dog a bad name to hang it, i fail to see the big scandal in ptdf partaining atiku that efcc is making so much noise about, why is obasanjo so afraid of atiku? what is he hiding?

My broda help me ask dem o. I'm surprised that despite all that is being opened about OBJ and the presidency at large some nigerians are still saying that OBJ is not a criminal. Who then is a criminal?? Are you guys nigerians at all??
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by saintchux(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2006
Iyke-D:

@saintchux

I will allow some of your point. Care to explain why Atiku did not swear an oath using the Koran,
that really baffles me.

What has oath of koran has to do with telling us the truth. I don't believe in the oath they are taking because, the more they take it, the more they lie.

I have asked you " What happen to Lagos LG fund. Supreme court rules that FG has no right to cease. OBJ refused to release it, but he swore an oath with bible to defend the constitution.

I don't want to go into the impeachment in Plateau, Anambra, Ekiti, Oyo and even Bayelsa where EFCC and OBJ aided the legislature to impeach their governor ilegally.

Iyke-D:

Up till now, Atiku is yet to come up with a credible defense, except for Obasanjo and associates
did worse things or if he mentions Transcorp and 3rd term enough he will be off the hook.

I don't know what you mean by credible defense. This guy has explained how they managed PTDF. May be you are a lawyer. You want to defend him. Ok we are waiting.

He mentioned 3rd term to show how the money was looted. Remember during that period N50m were given to those who supported the project. Where did the money came from?

He mentioned Transcorp to show that even the President borrowed money from a bank where PTDF lodged moeny. Does that means that it is PTDF money?

I am not defending Atiku, but OBJ should not crucify him b/c they quarrelled. Two of them looted PTDF and two of them should be punished, not only Atiku.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by IykeD1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2006
@DRANOEL

Are you sure you really read those reports or you read them with your pre-determined
mindset about Atiku innocences and Obasanjo's guiltiness, you may want to review all
the points you listed which were essentially exonerating Atiku.

I also read the former PTDF's boss testimony, he was very detailed about specific money
transactions especially those that he personally authorized, he only mentioned the moles
just to say that the VP's claims were based on partial information provided by the moles.
This was in response to the allegation of spending N20billion for 3rd term. Guys, emotions
and wild accusations aside, any ideas as to how much the 2003 elections costs? Spending
N20billion on something that never got off the ground just doesn't sound credible to me
at all.

I have said it before elsewhere why will Ribadu allow himself to be used by Obasanjo to
persecute a man from his own village if really there was nothing to the charges against
Atiku? Lets face it, Atiku would have offered Ribadu the sun and the moon to go public
and put an end to Obasanjo's charade, and unless he Ribadu happened to be the most
stupid man in Nigeria, I don't see why he wouldn't have accepted such offer.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by IykeD1(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2006
I honestly don't know the kind of country you people want to have. In one sentence
we want a transformed Nigeria, and in another sentence we are celebrating and
fighting for the rights of looters, essentially we want the status quo to continue.

I am supposed to feel sorry for Alams or Dariye? Why do people find it so hard to
understand that even if Obasanjo is the most corrupt person in Nigeria, you can not
do anything to him now until he leaves office. So I supposed not until he leaves, no
one else should be bothered?

Lets bring back Alams, Dariye, etc. Lets restore Balogun to his IG post, lets replace
Yar Adua with Dariye and swap Jonathan with Alams, lets disband the EFCC. Come
to think of it lets forbid the dead courts from taking up any corruption case, since
we all know that most likely the judges are corrupt anyway. . . What a sorry land?
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by joshO: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2006
To be honest, I'm past bothering, just reading peoples opinions on very important issues like this only goes to confirms the theory that a People get the leaders they deserve, and deserve the leaders they get.

Need I say more.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by saintchux(m): 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2006
Iyke-D:

I honestly don't know the kind of country you people want to have. In one sentence
we want a transformed Nigeria, and in another sentence we are celebrating and
fighting for the rights of looters, essentially we want the status quo to continue.

I am supposed to feel sorry for Alams or Dariye? Why do people find it so hard to
understand that even if Obasanjo is the most corrupt person in Nigeria, you can not
do anything to him now until he leaves office. So I supposed not until he leaves, no
one else should be bothered?

Lets bring back Alams, Dariye, etc. Lets restore Balogun to his IG post, lets replace
Yar Adua with Dariye and swap Jonathan with Alams, lets disband the EFCC. Come
to think of it lets forbid the dead courts from taking up any corruption case, since
we all know that most likely the judges are corrupt anyway. . . What a sorry land?

We want a country where fairness is the order of the day? A country where there is rule of law. A country where the constitution is supreme. A country where court order is respected. A country where critics of the government is tolerated. A country where the president obey the law.

You are in US according to your profile. Can any of these happen there, then why are you not seeing the ilegal way of pursuing legality in this country. Why can't you see the corrupt way they are using to fight corruption.

Nobody is feeling sorry for any of them, but let us do the right thing. The means of fighting corruption should not be corrupt itself

Ok let talk of Alams, Dariye and Co

While I am not supporting corruption, let us put sentiment apart.
Dariye.
1.He want impeached by less than 2/3 - no matter how corrupt he is, it is violation of the consitution.
2.EFCC was escorting the legislature that impeached him to the assembly house- is that what they suppose to do?
3.The Ecological fund he was impeached b/c of, he said that PDP collected N100m on directive from Aso rock. The said money was refunded. Why punish Dariye alone. What of the PDP that collected the N100M what did EFCC do to them. Let us face the fact.

Alam
Before his impeachment, the entire street of bayelsa state was taken over by soldier. The panel set to investigate him did not even invite him. they just wrote a report and submitted. Without fair hearing. So you want us to be support removing a corrupt governor in a corrupt way.

Do you know that the fraud in NPA is hundred times more than that of PTDF, EFCC indicted the board headed by Olabode George a PDP chieftain, but OBJ was fast to set up an administrative panel to investigate Atiku and rejected EFCC report on NPA.

EFCC report on governors shows that almost all of them are corrupt, but OBJ rejected it. Is this fairness.

I will forever be against any ilegality no matter who is involved. The rules should apply to everyone. not selected people.
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by alabiyemmy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2006
@ ALL

The same Atiku that has been part of this same administration you are accusing - or what has suddenly exonorated
him? His lust for power has suddenly made him not guilty of the blame in the same government he had been part of?
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by IykeD1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2006
@saintchux,

You mean well just like most Nigerians, but fairness just doesn't sprout from nowhere. How
do you expect to go from "the most" corrupt country to a corrupt free country without taking
baby steps? Even the so-called process that will be used to pick this corrupt-free leader you
people are hoping to get is in itself un-fair and rigged.

For those attracted to Buhari for his honesty, you guys have forgotten that the man probably
still needs to be languishing in jail for overthrowing an elected government in 1983 - that is
treason, punishable by death in most country. Shouldn't we apply your argument here too?

Most of you are under the illusion that we will wake up one day and all the fairness and anti
corruption mechanisms are in place, so we can now start from that point on. If we follow this
argument, things will continue the way they are, downhill.

Silvio Berlusconi, until last year or so was the richest man in Italy and also the prime minister.
He owned most of the Italian media, AC Milan, etc. He is now under trial for corruption and for
possibly having ties to the mafia. That was unthinkable in Italy few years ago because his
control of the Italian life was nearly complete. If this is possible in Italy why not in Nigeria?
Re: Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal by mazaje(m): 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2006
why is OBJ and his men taking this to the next level if atiku is actually lying why should they be trying to kill one of atiku'smen na wah ohhhh, even the presidential jet that the VP is using has been siezed lets see where all this will end.

http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1578

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire / BREAKING NEWS!!! N225m Armoured Cars: Reps Reject Calls For Oduah’s Sack / Awolowo The Secessionist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.