Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders (19925 Views)

Photos Of The Money Uncovered By EFCC In Ikoyi, Lagos / Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' / N2.051trn Scam: Petitioner Strips EFCC Naked Before Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by midolian(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has again been accused of failing to remit into government accounts, monies it recovered.

The Chief Executive Officer, Panic Alert Security System, George Uboh, while appearing before the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petition on August 26, had disclosed how the Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Lamorde, allegedly diverted N2tn it recovered from ex-public officials.

Speaking to journalists yesterday, Uboh said that the commission recovered over N1.7bn from 15 companies for the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, but failed to remit same to the agency.

“FIRS in its submission denied receiving any payments/transfers from EFCC in respect of the said companies.” he said.

Documents Uboh made available to journalists showed that the funds were recovered between 2010 and 2011.

The security expert said members of the public interested in getting details of his earlier N2tn seized by EFCC but unremitted to government should download the documents from his website: www.pasecng.com.

Uboh also expressed his readiness to expose the country’s former presidents, vice presidents, current and ex-governors as well as the current administration over numerous shady practices.

The breakdown of the N1,767,594,842.65 said to have been recovered by the EFCC and list of the 15 companies include Zakhem Construction Limited — N401m; Daewoo Nigeria Limited — N208m; WAPCO — N311m; Mikano International Limited —N16m; Protea Hotel, Apo Apartments — N10m; Reiz Continental Hotels — N32m; Coscharis Motors Limited — N130m; and Elizade Nigeria Limited — N555m.

Others are ITCC Technical Limited, Kaduna — N47m; Grand Ibro Hotel, Abuja — N14m; Efab Properties, Abuja — N19m; Le Meridien Hotel, Port Harcourt – N10m; Northern Nigeria Flour Mills Plc – N2.7m; Ni’ Ima Guest Palace – N2.8m; and Okomu Oil Palm Plc – N5m.y

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/06/efcc-in-another-n1-7bn-scandal-as-petitioner-vows-to-expose-former-current-leaders/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
For the love of aminat508, "Quote me anywhere".

-EPHPHATHA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Ask4bigneyo(m): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
Lets hear what the person below me have in mind to say since d person above me don steal my FTC..

LEST I FORGET..
DECLARATION OF ASSETS.
Since our president and his vice have declared their assets, it is very important that l also declare mine too as a good citizen... and it goes thus:
1. Four pencil trousers.
2. 9 T-shirts.
3. No wife
4. One Son, and one daughter.
5. One bathroom slippers.
6. Three shoes.
7. Two ties.
8. Half bag of pure water.
9. One drum of rain water.
10. One bottle of Oil as a cream (Adi agbon).
11. Two GSM (1 Nokia & 1 BB-).
12. Three kongo of Black yam flour (elubọ iṣu).
13. Six ankara.
14. 3 pots and one kettle.
15. One set of spoons and a set of plates.
16. One lantern.
17. One stove.
18. One gallon for buying kerosene.
19. One carpet and one Mouka foam.
20. 32 inch LG Plasma Telly
21. Seven and a half girlfriends (2 in Lagos, 2 in Abuja, 2 in Ibadan, 1 in Port Harcourt, 1/2 in Calabar).
22. Four boxers and Three undies.
23. N1,010 @ GTbank, and N1,005 @First Bank .Pls to continue to be my friend pls declear urs.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by MikelEleta(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
The way EFCC is bin tackled and exposed lately dx days may soon lead to them losing credibility nd morality in d eyes of Nigerians to tackle corruptn therby rendering d agency useless. I tink Buhari needs to act fast nd sanitize dx organisation cos dx exposures re too damning to be ignored. The rule of law says No man is above the law therefore after the investigatn no mata whose ox is gorred he shud go in for it. Kpakam

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
Who to believe now?
Be like ; 'thief thief am, thief collect am' grin
Ninejeria sha....

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by MikelEleta(m): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
For the love of aminat508, "Quote me anywhere".

-EPHPHATHA
Be opened. Guess ur a catholic cos dt was d theme of todays mass

2 Likes

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by agarawu23(m): 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Not again grin
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
]please some1 should help me for my one year industrial training. can't find any company to do it. civil engineering department. God will surely help you too

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Emphany: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
That awkward moment,when the HUNTER becomes the HUNTED. Lmao

9 Likes

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Aminat508(f): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
Chai olagbara ooooooo grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Agwoden(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
What did you expect? An average Nigerian is a thief, forget all these ones shouting probe everywhere as if they won't do worse. Put a Nigerian to run your business without proper supervision then your biz is as good as gone. Our leaders are products of our society that's why we have these issues repeatedly.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nobody can be trusted with our money these days sef. Naija which way? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by joseph1832(m): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Funny how now is the time of allegation and counter allegation, but how come we didn't see any of this during the last 16 years?

4 Likes

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by criminalmindz: 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.

46 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by xpat1: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Corruption is everywhere in this country from government to private bodies, from the rich to the poor, from churches to mosque, from the young ones to the old one's it has become a canker worm that has eating deep into every facet of the Nigeria society....Everywhere is polluted. Are you not corrupt?

Are you not corrupt?

answer with all honesty!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by phonesNgadgets: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
You be thief, I no be thief!! You dey steal, i no dey steal!! You be armu robber, I no be armu robber. You be rogue, I no be rogue. Argument, argument. Dem argue, argument, argument... Thief,thief,thief.!!! Catch am, catch am!!! Ole! ( in Baba Fela's voice ) grin

Oya haunter becomes the haunted.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by GodblessNig247(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
He should go ahead to that. I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody is the change slogan grin hope the wailing wailers are aware grin
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by powerfulsettingz: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
may the enemies of this great country rest in peace IJN

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by fejikudz(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
ok
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by adjoviomole(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Its tru na. All dis years we. Have been earing recover EFCC recovers this and that. But nobody ever bother's or ask what they do with the recovered money and items seized.

Oneday bush meat go catch the hunter.
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by freezyrain: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmm..God dey ooooHmmmm..God dey ooooHmmmm..God dey oooo
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by kulikuli26: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
This is an opportunity for Buhari to sweep off Lamorde and bring a more competent person to lead the Anti corruption war with credibility. I guess he is waiting for the outcome of Sagay's committee before naming new head of Anti corruption agency but I'm certain Buhari won't work with lamorde. He deserves to answer questions for his stewardship.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by DrayZee: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
K
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by kristisking(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Even the accuser is being accused.I laugh any time I hear that EFCC is after somebody.It is a case of a thief chasing a thief.Forget all those selective probes and all of that,they are all corrupt!

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by tinsel: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Who is the petitioner- a confirmed fraudster. You people have no shame in this your desire to bring down any thing Buhari whether good or bad.
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Kelvin0(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hey Nairalander it's my birthday today.....
Pls give me 100000 likes for nothing ...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by damiloladuke: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
their own don set, hunter now the bushmeat
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by shizzy7(f): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
good

They should just sack Larmorde And put me there I am very trustworthy,honest, truthful, innocent girl I don't even like money.....

Buhari I am one of the change Agents you're looking for..
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by gurunlocker: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
this country needs divine intervention, EFCC that's suppose to deal with corrupt people are even corrupt...
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ghenghen
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by ROCKHARDDK(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Play animations and u may afford to lose but when ur mind setting a Game never niche for a lose.......... Efcc was created of a mind set painted by painters of legal doubtful characters. Efcc and rest re animations
Re: EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders by jammyunn(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
All I know is that most government institutions are corrupt and it'll take time to correct that so the earlier, the better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APGA Member Murdered In Abia, Corpse Dumped By The Roadside. Graphic Photo / Buhari Inherited $63bn Debt, BMO Tells Atiku / CAC Prophet Predicts Saraki, Gbajabiamila Will Emerge NASS Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.