Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) (41685 Views)

Fayose Visits Ortom In Benue Over Fulani Herdsmen Attacks (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Killings: Dambazau Laughing As He Visits Benue (Photos) / Umahi & Obasanjo Honoured By Governor Ortom In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by anonimi: 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
Immatex:
Exact meaning of leading from 'the front lines'

At least he's manages to visit when harvesting is near.

This is SENSELESS leading oh, bro.
A state governor's/ government's responsibility is to provide the enabling environment and policies for private investors to have plantations (not farms) while it REGULATES them and collects appropriate TAXES from them.
Not all these photo shoot paparazzi with hoes.
Na who im dey fool?
Are Benue people such mumus to be impressed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4170338_img2016082917371832_jpegf599f7553587533df0ba62385af4fe8a

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by calyto: 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2016
Neanderthal way of farming.
Mumu man wey no fit pay salary. We are in Sept and the only salary this man has paid is January salary. Does he want them to use their blokos to buy seeds?
Will they eat grass after farming.
Kpongo tsuwa

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by maafen: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Political gimmicks.
Did the OP say farming discourages grazing?
Hmnn Grandiose Delusion cattle has not visited his farm before then.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Caseless: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
sultaan:
I love Benue wink

Nde nina to the tivs out there my stay in Benue, Gungul government School at the turn of the century was still the best time of my life.

People were very nice language was easy to learn and there was the peter mango (best in the world)

Those soybeans remind me of Aliade, Awajir, and Tse Agbaragba

By the way for those in the know what is the name of that smoked fish called white fish from river niger, I know the black fish is cat fish but the other one I need help with if you can post pics
they're called st. Peter's mango- very big
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by TMANO: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
You try, but how many people can afford 1/10th of such land for farming?
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
That's rich, coming from a crook like him who made his fortunes stealing the same oil money
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by brostheo(m): 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
From the above ,you can deduce this settings was meant for pictures alone.Pictural government!.Waiting for that Daura President to start snapping with his cattles
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Tvegas(m): 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
klassic:
This is not what we want. Kindly establish farm settlement schemes like the late Obafemi Awolowo did, build for a start 500 unit of two bedroom flat apartments, provide farm inputs, plant plantations while you a busy building the houses, so when you are done the plantations are almost ready for harvest.
Also allocate farm lands to settlers a minimum of 20hacters per settles in not in one spot in different locations within the settlement, grade access roads, provide domentaries where they can buy farm inputs, hire tractors, ploughers, arrowers and planters for a start .Involve agricultural banks to give grants for farming and animal husbandry.

Stop fooling us sir. Enough is enough. I rise.

Lets be fair, can he achieve all youve listed in 3 years? Yes i said 3 years because the 4th year will be spent campaigning. My view is that no state can achieve much with the current complex federal system. The whole country needs restructuring. Let each region focus on developing their areas and then you'll see healthy competition.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by stsinner: 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
cavemen...developed nations are improving their economy using science & technology, apc wants everyone to go back to farm. Who bewitched my country?
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Cletus77(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
Good example, and i hope u stay dere
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Senorprinz(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
mercichoco:
In that case, i'l put the small portion of land in my backyard to use. Pls where can i buy igbo (weed) seed
that's a good business plan, on a more serious note, what'd you later do about the thighs you were complaining about? angry
mercichoco:
In that case, i'l put the small portion of land in my backyard to use. Pls where can i buy igbo (weed) seed
that's a good business plan, on a more serious note, what'd you later do about the thighs you were complaining about?
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Cletus77(m): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
stsinner:
cavemen...developed nations are improving their economy using science & technology, apc wants everyone to go back to farm. Who bewitched my country?
he didn't say that! He just said we should embrace other sectors of the economy
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Felixtuta(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
For your mind oooo!
Which farmer farms with photographers?
People Deceiving people.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by mercichoco(f): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
Senorprinz:
that's a good business plan, on a more serious note, what'd you later do about the thighs you were complaining about? angry that's a good business plan, on a more serious note, what'd you later do about the thighs you were complaining about?
Those thighs are stubborn upon my effort, so for now, i'l concentrate on diversifying my income source
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by oloyesaso(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
I think some one in his position should be able to promote the use of mechanized farming this would be a good start

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Senorprinz(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
mercichoco:
Those thighs are stubborn upon my effort, so for now, i'l concentrate on diversifying my income source
which of the efforts did you try, i'm sure you just jogged for three days and continued eating bread.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by mercichoco(f): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2016
Senorprinz:
which of the efforts did you try, i'm sure you just jogged for three days and continued eating bread.
I would you hit you if you were close, how can say that. I did everything possible, exercise, diet and so
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Senorprinz(m): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
mercichoco:
I would you hit you if you were close, how can say that. I did everything possible, exercise, diet and so
hahaha, i'm very sure your blows would be softer than your favorite bread, anyways sha i'll pm you some links later and i'm quite sure they'll help, ttyl.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
He came for photo shoot believe me, how many farmers go to farm with that kind of walking stick? Abeg jare, no come bobo us here,ok. We know you have farm, the rest na story.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by kenoz(m): 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nice one
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by batuns247yahoo(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
good leader lead with examples keep it up mr Governor .
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by jbhitler(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
abeg,na staff people dey take go farm?see him trainers.the other day I went to my plantain farm,it wasn't news.political farmer
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Ajgal10(f): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
sultaan:
I love Benue wink

Nde nina to the tivs out there my stay in Benue, Gungul government School at the turn of the century was still the best time of my life.

People were very nice language was easy to learn and there was the peter mango (best in the world)

Those soybeans remind me of Aliade, Awajir, and Tse Agbaragba

By the way for those in the know what is the name of that smoked fish called white fish from river niger, I know the black fish is cat fish but the other one I need help with if you can post pics
You obviously served in Gwer local govt.Hope you could handle the women too?
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by MightySparrow: 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Samuel Ortom leading the way cool

If this was Fayose?
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by oyinkinola: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
...when I said Any Nigerian who knows nothing about farming and rearing is bastard! some foolish groan here!
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by poketoholo01(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
Bolustic:

Must you wail at every instance? If he does nothing, you complain, if he doesn't, you wail. How many machines-tractors, harvesters etc have the governor of your state provided?

BTW, these are the evidence of the fraud perpetrated by the fedora doffing PhD holder who claimed to have transformed the agricultural sector without any form of mechanization. Transformation indeed!!!
U DE ALWAYS SEE JONA 4 DREAM DE PURSUE U ABI? KWANTINUE...
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by klassic(m): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
Tvegas:

Lets be fair, can he achieve all youve listed in 3 years? Yes i said 3 years because the 4th year will be spent campaigning. My view is that no state can achieve much with the current complex federal system. The whole country needs restructuring. Let each region focus on developing their areas and then you'll see healthy competition.

Take Notice; I was not particularly reffering to one state. You will also notice I said it should be a PPP project cos it's a soft or interest free agricultural loan from the agricultural bank that will be used to finance it. So whether or not he is still in office, the project will go on.
While I am in support that there should be restructuring, what should we do before the restructuring eventually happens. Should we be idle?
We don't have to wait till all conditions are perfect after all its not a freebie, it's a long term loan with a simple feasible repayment plan.
E.g : if the entire project will take 300billion naira, the state government should borrow let's say 200 billion towards it and have the agricultural bank finance the remaining 100 billion and also set up measures to ensure the processes are well maintained and monitored while repayment takes place. It's way better than the Youwin or the 5k stipend that has and will gulp nearly 1trillion naira with little or nothing to show for it.
Another approach is this, let them involve the federal government to guarantee the entire process and also provide a counterpart funding for the entire process pending when the restructuring eventually takes place.

Some dream of two terms, why not concentrate during the first tenure and complete it with 2nd tenure?

The major reason why we are not making progress in the country is simple. Lack of focus and sincerity of purpose ,, then of course greed.

I don't care if the governor decides to establish the farm and converts the farm to his personal farm out of greed, for he will still employ labour, sell farm produce in the local market too. This will create jobs as well as reduce import dependency. I rise.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Xer0:
Nice photo shoot
He still believe we can be great by farming with cutlasses and hoes

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by rita25(f): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
this man and propaganda sha...........................where is GHANA?
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by ismaog4u(m): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
fantastic
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
How can a governor allow farmers dress like this isn't 2016 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What happened to standard? what happened to safety? What happened to organizational appearance undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by hundredhunndred: 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
anonimi:
Paparazzi nonsense to fool 200 million mumu fellow citizens.
Has he paid all salaries owed to state and local government workers as well as the parastatals
Na who don chop photo before?
Na who pinshure don epp

Bro, why are you always bitter and crying for everything. You are the same persom that support PDP politicians like your life depend on it. Easy on the hate and dont ki yourself over nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ / Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / Scene Of Maiduguri Market Bombing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.