Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,597 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) (16427 Views)

Pastor Sentenced To Death By Hanging Cries Out As He Repents In Prison. Photo / Maryam Sanda Reading The Quran, As Court Remands Her In Prison (photo, Video) / Woman Hides Phone Inside Soup To Give Her Boyfriend In Ogun Prison (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by dre11(m): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Magistrates’ Court in Abakaliki has remanded one Ogobuchi Ogbonna, 25, in prison custody for causing the death of his relation, Wisdom, by drowning him.

Ogobuchi allegedly tied a stone to three-year-old Wisdom’s waist and threw him into a stream in their area which got him drowned.

The incident occurred at Ndievor-Nchoko, Igbeagu community in Izzi Local Government Area which is within Abakaliki magisterial district.

The suspect was arraigned on a one-count charge of unlawfully causing the death of Wilson on Sept. 9, which is punishable under the Criminal Code, cap 33: Vol 1; laws of Ebonyi 2009.

The accused, who pleaded not guilty to the charge, had no counsel to represent him in the matter.

The Magistrate, Mr Nnachi Olughu, ordered that the suspect be remanded in prison custody till Nov. 18.

The magistrate also ordered that the case file be transferred to the Director of Public Prosecution for necessary action as the court lacked the jurisdiction to handle the matter.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/court-remands-man-prison-custody-drowning-brother/

Pic credit: https://newtelegraphonline.com/man-remanded-drowning-three-year-old-stepbrother/

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by sweery(f): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
Dear Lord this is wicked.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
dre11 & weird/bad news are like 5 & 6

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
They should just put him in an empty iron drum, welder it round & throw him in a river also. Wetin dey sweet Boniface dey sweet boninyash

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by salabscholar01(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2016
ok
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by agwom(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2016
wicked young man!

1 Like

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by mayorjosh(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2016
I only came to check name,nothing more tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by DONSMITH123(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by ercel: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2016
Wickedness!
What else could be reason for such act?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by HMZi: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2016
Evil lay with men,may GOD save us!!. smh
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:09am On Sep 15, 2016
I hope he rots in jail
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by jic4real: 11:09am On Sep 15, 2016
Not good, y is it that any bad news from ebonyi state makes front page. Na only bad news dey come out of that state.
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by hrykanu231(m): 11:09am On Sep 15, 2016
This one will go and enjoy part of my #8,923 tax I pay to govt monthly. Why not just do the same thing to him, then use taxpayers money to revive the economy. Jail is too good for this f.ool

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by MadCow1: 11:10am On Sep 15, 2016
Drowning... That is a genius way to kill someone with likkle evidence.

But why kill a 3 year old? undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by Franchise21(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by rusher14: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2016
The guy pleaded not guilty and hasn't been convicted.

As heinous as the incident might be it may yet be found to be an accident or something we are unaware of.

Incidentally, he doesn't even have any legal aid.

I wonder on who's advice he pleaded not guilty if he truly isn't perhaps self-preservation.

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by switmay32(f): 11:17am On Sep 15, 2016
Wicked man
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by kwyllancy: 11:25am On Sep 15, 2016
jic4real:
Not good, y is it that any bad news from ebonyi state makes front page. Na only bad news dey come out of that state.

HOW MANY GOOD NEWS HAS MADE FRONT PAGE FROM YOUR STATE? undecided
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by danot1030: 11:28am On Sep 15, 2016
madcow come and see your people again o. Igbos and Kenya on weird news are like 5 and 6.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by Paseus(m): 11:30am On Sep 15, 2016
Risky005:
LIES. I so love Igbo people, i wish i was one of them, unfortunately i was born into a useless tribe called yoruba, is there any way i can officially change my tribe to igbo?
this guy here is a waste of spermatozoa...

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by HtwoOw: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Na dem
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by RedTarantula: 11:40am On Sep 15, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
I hope he rots in jail

You people always talking of rotting in jail when crimes like this one are committed are part of the problem.

Crimes like this should carry the death sentence, there cannot be anything less.

This beast drowned a poor three year old boy and you are talking of rotting in jail

I smh for Nigerians.

#SupportDeathPenalty.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by SweetJoystick(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2016
Smd
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by koolpal(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2016
NCA, Aba branch reporting... blood money
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by Ola5TP: 11:54am On Sep 15, 2016
U are actually not a Yoruba. Next time give ur self brain and don't talk like a bastard to Yoruba Tribe. .
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by muller101(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2016
Tie a stone around his neck and he be flung into the sea.
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by Ola5TP: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2016
[U are actually not a Yoruba. Next time give ur self brain and don't talk like a bastard to Yoruba Tribe. .

quote author=Risky005 post=49378449]LIES. I so love Igbo people, i wish i was one of them, unfortunately i was born into a useless tribe called yoruba, is there any way i can officially change my tribe to igbo?[/quote]
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by Ola5TP: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2016
U are actually not a Yoruba. Next time give ur self brain and don't talk like a bastard to Yoruba Tribe. .
LIES. I so love Igbo people, i wish i was one of them, unfortunately i was born into a useless tribe called yoruba, is there any way i can officially change my tribe to igbo?[/quote]
Re: Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) by jay7(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
What a wicked guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? / Redeemed Pastor Funsho-Raphael Kidnapped In Kogi During Service By Gunmen / Oyo Court Jails 10 Fraudsters For 17 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.