Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know (8259 Views)

Whogohost.com VS Domainking.ng – Who Does It Better In Providing Web Hosting / 5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Should Stop Doing / Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Doubleoo(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2016
yomalex:
Limitless in all sense. Whose server? I don't need more explanation

I would be glad to know a couple of the "senses". No valid argument except you can tell us what you know about it.

1 Like

Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Doubleoo(m): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2016
JeffreyJames:
This article is a little bit deceitful. You can't have a custom domain hosted on . When you open a blog with , you get a domain like mysite.WordPress. com. When you decide to get your own custom domain, WordPress directs you to many of their hosting partners and WordPress itself....

And all those talk about features and all, is limited. Wordpress.org is Limitless. You can do virtually anything. There are certain things you can't do with like using of plugins.

As for the automatic back up and updates, once you have a WordPress account you back up your wordpress.org website.

Wordpress.org is limited. You cannot do anything with WordPress.org except you already have your domain hosted. Did you even know that WordPress.org is like a marketplace, where you go to look for themes and plugins? It is not like that for

You have access to themes in via WordPress.org. You can blog without purchasing a domain name or hosting account with the help of .
If you hear people comparing WordPress and blogger, they are actually comparing and Google blogger.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2016
please I need help concerning my WordPress blog...
When I publish my articles, there is no option for one to click 'continue reading'. So I have to scroll down which is laborious.
Please help.
Cc: Seun, lalasticlala.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by twosquare(m): 9:40am On Sep 20, 2016
Emeka71:
That is what I am saying that wordpress.org requires you to pay for hosting; is absolutely free.
wrong. It's not Absolutely free. You have a space of 3gig allocated to you, after that you can upgrade. There's also an option to pay for custom domain on and hosting package for a year.

You can check the remaining features here: https:///pricing/

Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by yomalex(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2016
Doubleoo:

I would be glad to know a couple of the "senses". No valid argument except you can tell us what you know about it.
Interesting thing is I don't have to tell you anything undecided
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Doubleoo(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2016
yomalex:
Interesting thing is I don't have to tell you anything undecided

Amazingly, you don't know anything about what you claimed you know.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Emeka71(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2016
twosquare:
wrong. It's not Absolutely free. You have a space of 3gig allocated to you, after that you can upgrade. There's also an option to pay for custom domain on and hosting package for a year.

You can check the remaining features here: https:///pricing/
The 3 gig is for storing pictures on your blog which is more than enough.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by JeffreyJames(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2016
Doubleoo:

Wordpress.org is limited. You cannot do anything with WordPress.org except you already have your domain hosted. Did you even know that WordPress.org is like a marketplace, where you go to look for themes and plugins? It is not like that for

You have access to themes in via WordPress.org. You can blog without purchasing a domain name or hosting account with the help of .
If you hear people comparing WordPress and blogger, they are actually comparing and Google blogger.

can you use a custom domain on ?
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by yomalex(m): 10:34am On Sep 20, 2016
Doubleoo:

Limitless in what sense? It is not, except that you get access to pretty much all the themes and plugins in their server.
If you need more explanation, kindly reply below. BTW, you can learn more about the
Do you think all themes and plugins only exist on because that is what your bolded statement alludes to undecided

Doubleoo:

I'm not arguing with anybody and i don't owe you any explanation.

Doubleoo:

Amazingly, you don't know anything about what you claimed you know.
Thank you Sir. How you arrived at that I will never know my original post was "Wordpress.org is limitless Need a web solution head over to www.tetralix.com.ng" before you jumped on my mention
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:43am On Sep 20, 2016
Get Your Hosting With Wordpress Quick Install @ www.buyslash.com
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Doubleoo(m): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2016
JeffreyJames:

Absolutely, YES.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Doubleoo(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2016
yomalex:
Do you think all themes and plugins only exist on because that is what your bolded statement alludes to

I never for once stated that the themes and plugins are hosted in . kindly read again and get the points at worst.
And if what you meant is WordPress.org, i didn't say all the WordPress themes are hosted in their server. Thousands of premium, and "unscrupulous" (those that does not meet WordPress standard) themes and plugins are hosted in third party marketplaces like theme forest and the rest.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by JeffreyJames(m): 11:45am On Sep 20, 2016
Doubleoo:

Absolutely, YES.

Ok
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Ineedinfo(f): 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Doubleoo:

I'm glad I saw your comment! please sir, I need advice. I have been blogging without a purchased domain name on WordPress for the past three months now. I enjoy writing and my blog is gradually picking it's audience. The thing is, now I want to upgrade to a plan and monetize it.

Could you advice me on how to go about it please? I'm hopeful I will learn a thing or two from you guys on Webmasters section...
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by yomalex(m): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Doubleoo:

I never for once stated that the themes and plugins are hosted in . kindly read again and get the points at worst.
And if what you meant is WordPress.org, i didn't say all the WordPress themes are hosted in their server. Thousands of premium, and "unscrupulous" (those that does not meet WordPress standard) themes and plugins are hosted in third party marketplaces like theme forest and the rest.
Limitless in what sense? It is not, except that you get access to pretty much all the themes and plugins in their server.
If you need more explanation, kindly reply below. BTW, you can learn more about the Factors Affecting DIgital Marketing in Nigeria
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Doubleoo(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
yomalex:

If you need more explanation, kindly reply below. BTW, you can learn more about the Factors Affecting DIgital Marketing in Nigeria

Now i see that yourassimilation capacity is quite low. Did i mention in the post of WordPress.org?

I'm outa here.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by yomalex(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Doubleoo:

Now i see that yourassimilation capacity is quite low. Did i mention in the post of WordPress.org?

I'm outa here.
from the very first post you mentioned me i knew you were uncouth, i had wanted to ignore you but i just decided to indulge and boy was I right? Thanks for not dissappointing me
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by GadgetsR: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
Doubleoo:

Nice write up bro @Doubleoo. The basic key point between both of them is that you already have a custom domain before you can use WordPress.org for example, (www.doubleoo.com) while allows you to have a blog without your own custom domain. For example, www.doubleoo.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by GadgetsR: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
Victorakats:
Thanks for the information!

Visit www.amaraofficial.com today!

I just visited your website at www.amaraofficial. I really love the way you are helping people on relationship issues. Nice one.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by GadgetsR: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
Princejebs:

Op,which 1 will you advice aspiring bloggers to go for?

Hmmm, Somehow I think hosting on is quite expensive, I might be wrong though. I use WordPress.org and the good news is that there are plugins that offer basic features for free on WordPress.org.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by GadgetsR: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
mercyviv:
Why would anyone want to blog on

Lol Merciviv. "Rich New Bloggers Can"
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by GadgetsR: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
IssyGenius:
please I need help concerning my WordPress blog...
When I publish my articles, there is no option for one to click 'continue reading'. So I have to scroll down which is laborious.
Please help.
Cc: Seun, lalasticlala.

Hello IssyGenius, Some themes offers that functionality by default and you can use the Read more tag if your theme doesn't allow that.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by GadgetsR: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
JeffreyJames:

Of course you can. You can upgrade to your own custom domain if you are using something like www.jeffreyjames.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by GadgetsR: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ineedinfo:
I'm glad I saw your comment! please sir, I need advice. I have been blogging without a purchased domain name on WordPress for the past three months now. I enjoy writing and my blog is gradually picking it's audience. The thing is, now I want to upgrade to a plan and monetize it.

Could you advice me on how to go about it please? I'm hopeful I will learn a thing or two from you guys on Webmasters section...

It's very simple @Ineedinfo. You can send me a mail on Hello@gadgetsradar.com. I will be glad to help you with all the information you need. FREE OF CHARGE
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Great Topic! Thank you. In short words:
- WordPress,com is a paid version which is .com it's for the people who needs hosting and who doesn't know too much about coding and designing. Anyway you end up paying and paying to have what you need.
- WordPress.org is a free version .org which offers the engine but you need to have your own hosting and to have some skills to modify the coding and design in your WordPress website, also you can buy the templates.

Personally I prefer the FREE engine and modify, fix any design getting into html, php, css. As in anything, for to have a good product and service you need to be or
- very good in doing it yourself
- to pay to the professional
An example, you know basically how to make clothes and shoes but you go and buy them because you are not a professional in it. The same is with the web design, graphics, online promotion, SEO, etc.
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Ineedinfo(f): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
GadgetsR:

It's very simple @Ineedinfo. You can send me a mail on Hello@gadgetsradar.com. I will be glad to help you with all the information you need. FREE OF CHARGE
Thank you so much for this your response. I will mail you asap. Thanks...I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Victorakats(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
GadgetsR:

I just visited your website at www.amaraofficial. I really love the way you are helping people on relationship issues. Nice one.

Thanks for your encouraging words!
I appreciate!

1 Like

Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by Temolad: 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
Nice write-up there
Re: VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know by daamazing(m): 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
also know that you can't add Adsense on WordPress. com blog

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Rank A Website Faster On Google - Victorwinners.com / 9 Ways To Make Your Blog Popular / 7 Untold Dumb Mistakes That Won't Make Your Blog Last Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.