Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,229 members, 7,846,077 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) (2308 Views)

Amina Mohammed Meets Her Name Sake Who Is A Minister In Kenya / Zuriel Oduwole Who Interviewed Buhari Has To Say This After The Encounter / Army Spokesman Say This Circulated Photos Were Taken During Training In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by melvinjames: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2016
With these sort of people as ministers our future appears bleak.

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by WASMOG(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2016
The minister is a cow

14 Likes

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Dyt(f): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
All I can do is smh

1 Like

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by maryjan8(f): 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
With people like this as minister, God help us.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Mikehell(m): 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
cheesy
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Teniolasmart: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
dat what u get when u place a dump fellow in d position he doest deserve...................................................................dont people drink too much water

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Teniolasmart: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
dat what u get when u place a dump fellow in d position he doest deserve...................................................................dont people drink too much water ;;;;;;;;
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by psalmuel27: 1:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
apc is punishment to Nigeria for disobeying God . imagine that kind of statement from a whole minister so why are now there.
those that vote for them will endure it till 2019

4 Likes

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Kposkila: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
We breath in too much oxygen that's why it's expensive? The card they know how to play is the blame card, with such, the game can't be worn. #2019loading!

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Chiboyz40(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Only 2 imagine that this is one of the "so called" heavenly ministers that took buhari months to appoint. What a wow!

1 Like

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by katunj: 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
OP you are just stupid, you carefully cropped out the write up and some mumu keep commenting on this useless thread.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by idupaul: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
He has come out to debunk this ...so let's move on
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by HtwoOw: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
melvinjames:

Liar liar pants on fire

You be confirmed liar, propaganda machine
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by obailala(m): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
melvinjames:
Just another crappy headline from 'ikebe super' journalists.

The Hon. Minister of Agriculture and Rural development – Chief Audu Ogbeh has dismissed news report quoting him as saying 'Nigerians eat too much rice, that’s why it is expensive'.

"This is totally false, misleading and a sheer display of irresponsible journalism, reckless sensationalism, and poor ethics," the minister said. He noted with disappointment that the mischievous headline in question was completely at variance with the content of the news story.

The Minister decried the deliberate misinformation by the media which has become a frequent occurrence and calls for caution, self-censorship and ethical compliance by journalists and social media activists.

For the avoidance of doubts, the minister stated that during a recent meeting he held with an indigenous Agro Company investing in the production of Irish Potato in Nigeria, he did talk about the health risk associated with the excessive consumption of rice and advised Nigerians to occasionally substitute rice with potato for improved diet.
Chief Ogbeh wondered how the statement attributed to him in the headline came about when no supporting statement or quote was provided in the content of the news report.

He advised Nigerians to beware of misleading headlines; pay close attention to media reports that come with such and should challenge the Press to abide by their professional ethics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by nototribalist: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nigeria is in trouble. With the kind of dullard we have in government. Nigeria is on standstill till 2019

1 Like

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by vedaxcool(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
nototribalist:
Nigeria is in trouble. With the kind of dullard we have in government. Nigeria is on standstill till 2019

Look above you and be guided to the truth. ..instead of relishing lies

1 Like

Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Out of the Heart the mouth speaks cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by funkyibodude(m): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
When you have bunch of dimwits as cabinet members this is what you get
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by iwatch: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
vedaxcool:

Look above you and be guided to the truth. ..instead of relishing lies
how is his words lies? It's comment like yours that driv me insane and eventually get me banned because I just can't hold back the anger. Most times I often wish this was an offline forum where I can exercise my emotion without getting banned.
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by balaclava: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
Clueless.....
why hasn't garri increased in the same pace ?
People eat/drink garri mehn...
Nigeria don suffer mehn.
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by Mustay(m): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Misleading headline - https://www.nairaland.com/3351079/did-not-say-rice-expensive

Mustay:
Swift response from the Ministry - I was going to highlight this in the original story itself. Even from the story on Daily Post that posted this headline, you could easily highlight the needless sensationalism the online paper sought to achieve - http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/14/nigerians-eat-much-rice-thats-expensive-audu-ogbe/
The potato thingy makes sense when you consider the event where he made this statement.
Looking at the misleading headline by Daily Post, do Nigerians eat too much rice Yes, that's why it is a staple food but we have to ask ourselves this question - why do we import what we consume when we can produce and even export an unpolished and 'healthier' local rice
Remember when Sanusi callled for more investment in rice production in Nigeria in 2013 He advised that the N365 billion set aside for rice importation annually should be invested in massive rice production. He had previously stated that the country spent about $1bn (N155bn) on the importation of rice in 2010. Even when FG bans importation of rice, why is it sill being smuggled via the borders Are we a thinking nation at all Who is doing who
Emefiele was also quoted making the following remarks:

“When we stop importing toothpicks, stop eating imported rice cultivated with chemical, stop eating chicken imported and preserved with formaldehyde, then our economy will begin to grow.”

“When we stop importing toothpicks, stop eating imported rice cultivated with chemical, stop eating chicken imported and preserved with formaldehyde, then our economy will begin to grow.”

https://www.naij.com/954425-stop-emefiele-accuses-sanusi-spreading-lies-economy.html

In 2013, we were declared the world’s largest importer of tomato paste

On a lighter note, I find it interesting when Audu Ogbeh usually inserts the health risk of some of our practices. Here, he talked about rice being ascernic, last week he talked about the health effects of grinding pepper with machines. grin

On a lighter note again, it was on Silverbird News yesterday that I saw the feature of 'economic recession in Jos' and one of the ladies interviewed mentioned that "even the sweet potato, na Buhari yam we dey call am now". grin
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by vedaxcool(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
iwatch:
how is his words lies? It's comment like yours that driv me insane and eventually get me banned because I just can't hold back the anger. Most times I often wish this was an offline forum where I can exercise my emotion without getting banned.

Poor you
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by waxyung(m): 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Brain depreciation dey worry d man ni.. old age..wetin u expect
Re: How Can A Minister Say This? (pics) by mikolo80: 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
because there is no one to take his place

(1) (Reply)

See Food Served to Nigerian Soldiers Versus Food Served to American Soldiers. / I Will Never Be Part Of This Biafra Agitation Again / Only Thugs With Presidential Backing Can Snatched the Mace - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.