Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. (10888 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / The Testimony Of Renowned Muslim Convert Nabeel Qureshi (david Woods Convert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

The word is GAMBLE and not skepticism. The way you authoritavely refute anything God speaks of a certainty in you. So we have 2 supposed certainties or odds. God and You and you are betting it all on God being unreal so what do you call that?

Ranchhodas please help me tell him what its called.
Nairabet.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What proof of the afterlife would suffice for you Oga Raphie? If somebody was somehow able to venture into the afterlife with a camera and return with video proof, you sir would declare it doctored. So what manner of proof would you agree with?

never knew the dead can take a camera with them

no wonder a laptop is buried with Michael Jackson

NB: I understand you
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
guys, how does this "follow" thing work, what are its uses?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

never knew the dead can take a camera with them

no wonder a laptop is buried with Michael Jackson

NB: I understand you
Lol. Not necessarily a dead person. The emissary does not have to die.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Answer my question. Can you take your own life and quit the earth? Yes or no

No bro, I love my life. Its my only shot.

Since you're sure of another life oya answer me;
can you end this one through suicide for the 2nd one?
If no you're a FAT coward grin
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
guys, how does this "follow" thing work, what are its uses?
When you follow a person; you are notified whenever they make a comment. It's used to stay in touch with your favourite posters; at least that's what I use it for.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Its true na! I was expecting science by now to be able to reverse our aging process since they claim to know enough about human physiology or at least be able to transplant the life force ofa dead 90yr old man into a dead 5yr old thereby giving the 90yr old longer life.
its a ''brain''
each brain differs na...
''cryogenics'' is something they are working on..
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
A slim possibility if we are to tell ourselves the truth. Even the scientific appears to longer be enough for inquiries of this nature.

How do you know that the possibility these afterlife stories being false is a slim one?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
When you follow a person; you are notified whenever they make a comment. It's used to stay in touch with your favourite posters; at least that's what I use it for.

okay thanks, seems I might start following one or more atheists
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I tire o!
Hypocrisy!!
Accuses me of being a gambler. Yet he's a bigger one
Claims to advocate against suicide. Yet he's suggesting it.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

How do you know that the possibility these afterlife stories being false is a slim one?
The many stories; coupled with the 'supernatural' events that appear to accompany some of them.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What proof of the afterlife would suffice for you Oga Raphie? If somebody was somehow able to venture into the afterlife with a camera and return with video proof, you sir would declare it doctored. So what manner of proof would you agree with?
lol..maybe
bt an immaterial soul doesnt fit in what we know about the brain and its processes..this consciousness is also evident in ''animals''
will they have an afterlife?
Consciousness has never been proven to be immune to the authority of the brain,,so if this immaterial stuff were to exist...it cannot function without the physical(brain)..
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The many stories; coupled with the 'supernatural' events that appear to accompany some of them.
The many stories doesn't make it true sha.
What supernatural events do you mean please?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
4evergod you haven't answered my last question ni o cool
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

You clearly believe that this earth is not your home and is corrupt. You should rather be in a haste to go home (heaven) and leave the earth for us that are not sure of heaven to enjoy. What shall it profit you to gain the world remember.

By the way, I thought you are a Pastor that preaches against suicide?

We know why we are here. We have an assignment and people like you are our assignment while you believe that your only purpose here is to live and die and become manure so you tell me who has purpose and who doesnt and who has a right to stay longer and who can exit anytime they please due to lack of purpose. So you tell me why you are here.

If you have no purpose besides living and dying so why can you not exit at will and just delete from all the pain and agony the earth has to offer to you.

So will you drop it all and exit via suicide or laying down your life for another? Yes or no
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

No bro, I love my life. Its my only shot.

Since you're sure of another life oya answer me;
can you end this one through suicide for the 2nd one?
If no you're a FAT coward grin

I already told you i would gladly lay down my life if push comes to shove. You say you love your life. Why and how can you love something that lacks purpose. You say your life is meaningless yet you love it? How so? Pray educate us.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

The many stories doesn't make it true sha.
What supernatural events do you mean please?
An example that comes to mind is the story of Anita Moorjani. Stage IV Hodgkins Lymphoma healed after an afterlife experience. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Moorjani

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

We know why we are here. We have an assignment and people like you are our assignment while you believe that your only purpose here is to live and die and become manure so you tell me who has purpose and who doesnt and who has a right to stay longer and who can exit anytime they please due to lack of purpose. So you tell me why you are here.

If you have no purpose besides living and dying so why can you not exit at will and just delete from all the pain and agony the earth has to offer to you.

So will you drop it all and exit via suicide or laying down your life for another? Yes or no

I have responded to this in my later post. So respond to it.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Ranchhoddas: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol..maybe
bt an immaterial soul doesnt fit in what we know about the brain and its processes..this consciousness is also evident in ''animals''
will they have an afterlife?
Consciousness has never been proven to be immune to the authority of the brain,,so if this immaterial stuff were to exist...it cannot function without the physical(brain)..
In other words; no proof would suffice.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

I already told you i would gladly lay down my life if push comes to shove. You say you love your life. Why and how can you love something that lacks purpose. You say your life is meaningless yet you love it? How so? Pray educate us.

Lies! Where did you mention laying down your life before?
I love my life and who the hell told you my life lacks purpose?
Why would you lie against and accuse me of calling my life meaningless?
What kind of a man of god are you? I see you preach lies!
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

Lies! Where did you mention laying down your life before?
I love my life and who the hell told you my life lacks purpose?
Why would you lie against and accuse me of calling my life meaningless?
What kind of a man of god are you? I see you preach lies!

The Atheist anthem is that life is meaningless so we live to die and become manure so just life and enjoy yourself as you please.

So why do you love your life and why is life meaningful to an atheist like you?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

No proof would suffice. Its called self denial
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
Desepiero what is the purpose of thr life of an atheist such as you are. Pray tell.

Ranchhodas you would learn a lot from his response. So pay close attention.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

The Atheist anthem is that life is meaningless so we live to die and become manure so just life and enjoy yourself as you please.

Which atheist anthem?
Hope you see how much of a closed mind you have. You just have one silly belief and dogmatically stick to it. Maybe you should have asked me first if I think my life has a purpose.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Edek27(m): 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mu broda u r quite right
Ranchhoddas:
winner01 4everGod u guys are awesome

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

Which atheist anthem?
Hope you see how much of a closed mind you have. You just have one silly belief and dogmatically stick to it. Maybe you should have asked me first if I think my life has a purpose.

Sorry the belief belongs to atheists and not me they are selling the idea. You should ask them and not me and probably have a meeting to agree on what is to be a standard for all your atheism and I am asking you now. What is the purpose of your life as an atheist.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

another fallacy

read up

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=3970
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by DeSepiero(m): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
An example that comes to mind is the story of Anita Moorjani. Stage IV Hodgkins Lymphoma healed after an afterlife experience. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Moorjani

That's amazing.
Of course its supernatural and extraordinary, simply because it can't be explained.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

another fallacy

read up

http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=3970

Are you now an atheist to know what they think or you still want to do this your copy and paste. I thought you are claiming to be a freethinker. Or are you a freethinking atheist? That would be another level of atheistic abnormality
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 8:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

that no proof would suffice doesn't make a hypothetical one right, does it? that's argumentum ad ignorantum there's the "unknown" and they remain unknown until we eventually know them

many things our fathers termed "supernatural" are no longer regarded as such, who is to say we won't unravel the mysteries of death sometime in the future?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Desepiero for the 4th time I will ask you....what is the purpose of your life as an atheist? Tell us.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

That's amazing.
Of course its supernatural and extraordinary, simply because it can't be explained.

of course, and as soon as its explained..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophecy: You Will Get Married In 2022 - Fr Kelvin Ugwu / What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.