Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level (7385 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Offers Scholarship To Cynthia Chinecherem Ali With 9 A1 / Ortom Offers Automatic Employment 2 Corper Who Rode Bicycle 4rm Ibadan 2 Makurdi / Czech Offers Scholarship To Wife Of Airforce Officer Killed By Boko Haram.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by ebosie11(f): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2016
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has announced the offer of scholarship to six indigent children up to university level. The children are two sets of triplets.

Governor Ortom made the offer when the mother of the children, Mrs. Kumawuese Azua Kwen who hails from Kwande local government area of the state, came with them to the Benue Peoples House, Makurdi.

Mrs. Azua Kwen told the Governor that her husband died when she was pregnant for the second set of triplets. She said life has been very difficult for her and her children and appealed for assistance.

Moved by the story, Governor Ortom declared that the State Government would be responsible for the training of the six children up to university level.

He said the scholarship offered the children will be formalised so that when the present administration leaves office, the next government can continue with the sponsorship of the children up to tertiary level of education.

The Governor added that the State Government would also commence giving monthly stipends to the mother of the children to enable her take care of immediate needs of the family. He directed his Chief of Staff, Hon. Terwase Orbunde to ensure the immediate implementation of the scholarship offer.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/gov-ortom-offers-scholarship-to-six.html

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by seapson(m): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2016
firstly,I blame Buhari
secondly,I blame Buhari again..
for we to think dat he has done great favor by offering scholarship to d children....free education was wat we were promised...yeye people...d thunder dat will fire u all just collected its PhD certificate....

quote me negatively nd join d thunders list

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by mezynaija(m): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2016
Arinzechukwu Awogu Flays Obi Over Utterances Against Ndigbo

http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/09/arinzechukwu-awogu-flays-obi-over.html

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by yosmen: 11:42am On Sep 16, 2016
He can do better than that...

1 Like

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by sidneyj(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2016
we understanding....thats preparation for 2019 undecided embarassed embarassed
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by mezynaija(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2016
seapson:
k

Duncan Mighty Donates ‘Back To School’ Materials To Over 800 School Kids (Photos)

http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/09/duncan-mighty-donates-back-to-school.html

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Hdz4luv: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2016
2nd to comment. #dancing shakitibobo#
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Calismart(m): 11:43am On Sep 16, 2016
Only 6?

Well,he even tried but he can do better.
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by stexsy(m): 11:43am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice one.

Other widows should take note....
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by yeyeboi(m): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2016
The guy on the second floor above me and the guy below me as said it all. Thank you so much my floor mate grin cheesy
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by seguno2: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2016
Why should scholarship be necessary for primary and secondary schools when there should be free education for all children?

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2016
He should have sponsored 1 child each from 6 widows rather than 6 children from one widow. But That's commendable. God will reward you sir.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Ray1start(m): 11:50am On Sep 16, 2016
seapson:
firstly,I blame Buhari
for we to think dat he has done great favor by offering scholarship to d children....free education was wat we were promised...yeye people...d thunder dat will fire u all just collected its PhD certificate....

u are just a hater?PDP Ediots looted Nigeria for 16yrs. How this one take concern Buhari
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Gee645(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2016
Pls somebody, anybody help me with a form. i wanna WAIL
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by seapson(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ray1start:
u are just a hater?PDP Ediots looted Nigeria for 16yrs. How this one take concern Buhari
firstly I blame Buhari
secondly,for 16 yrs,I've neva bought
a Congo of rice for #700,
exchanged dollars at #420
even smallest indomie #50
instead of jobs,workers are stylishly laid off(check d next two topics on frontage)
to even make things worst,u telling us change begins with us...
#Jonathan,sowie for calling u clueless..
our eyes iyaff open
but we are not undstnd
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by lolamitayo: 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Free Education at all levels is what was promised.

Free Education at all levels is what we are yearning for.

Thank you.
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by TheVictorious(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
seapson:
firstly,I blame Buhari

Don't be too fast to throw blames or criticize in everything, think first.

Should Buhari offer free education to all citizens, that may not guarantee the education of these children, because no government will be in power forever, but the scholarship awarded will cover these children till they finish school, irrespective of any government that seize power.

Mean while, see what stakeholders are doing to paralyze the dubious activities of fake estate agents and property touts in Nigeria...https://www.nairaland.com/3352865/see-how-stakeholders-housing-sector
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by HMZi: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
Wouldnt it be wise to establish a fund or scheme to tackle issues like this? Oga gov.there are many who are in these situation or worse..
.Please pay salaries instead of trying to score cheap political points such this charade... .u try 'tiny' sha.
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by HMZi: 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
seapson:
firstly,I blame Buhari

GBAM!!
and him go dey expect standing ovation..tufiaaa.we no mumu again.
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Jaykay0115(m): 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ray1start:
U need to b castrated for ur senseless comment.must u talk?i need to c ur supplier cos u smoke correct osogbo weed
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by pxDharniel(m): 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Plasmbob1:
He should have sponsored 1 child each from 6 widows rather than 6 children from one widow. But That's commendable. God will reward you sir.

Read the story again and get your facts right. There's only one widow and she gave birth to two sets of triplets.

I know for sure that the governor or most likely the successive administration would not honor this promise like other cases we've seen in some states.

I wish them the best though
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by mpinegatorkor: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
That's a very good sympathy, may God encourage him to do more.

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Iseoluwani: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
grin

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Chukazu: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
all this selective marginalized philanthropic display. just make education qualitative and affordable for all and sundry. how many widows can you possibly help?
Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by wheesin(m): 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
why the fvck would nigerian parents have 6 children and can't take care of them. what they don't understand during child raising and setting up a family is that it's not all about having 10-20 children that makes you a better parent but taking care of them. undecided

Re: Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level by Eliteklaus(m): 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
try rest oga tom tom, publicity stunt

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze To Ndigbo: Don’t Travel Back Without Casting Your Votes (photo) / INEC Declares Babajide Sanwo-Olu Winner Of Lagos Governorship Election / Nigeria Army Invaded Ikonso Family Compound And Burnt Down Every Building.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.