Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis (2065 Views)

2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / For Jehovah's Witnesses: Was The Harvest The Last Days? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by ChristianFreedo(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
Seven Times : 607 : 1914

Daniel's prophecy of the Seven Times is key to the existence of Jehovah's Witnesses. This is used to determine that Jesus started ruling in 1914 and subsequently chose the Watchtower organization in 1919 to be his sole means of salvation before the battle of Armageddon.

Jerusalem did not fall in 607 B.C.

For the seven times to end in 1914, the Watchtower is forced to claim Jerusalem was destroyed and completely desolate in 607 B.C. However, it is universally accepted that Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 B.C. This section shows that the evidence is conclusive that Jerusalem did not fall in 607 B.C. this analysis will be calculated using a date that the Watchtower Society and the academic community agree on. This date is 539 B.C.E. - the date of the fall of the Babylonian Empire to Medo-Persia.

607 B.C.E - A TIMELINE ANALYSIS

As well known, Jehovah's Witnesses base their entire 'end-times' and 'Kingdom establishment' doctrine on the year 607 B.C.E. - the supposed year of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians.

Via some obtuse 'logic' and scriptural conjuring, it goes something like this:

1. Jerusalem is destroyed in 607.B.C.E.
2. 'Seven Times'1 pass. The Watchtower says this is 2520 years2.
3. 607 B.C.E. + 2520 years = 1914 C.E.
4. 1914 is the year that WW1 happened, and according to Jehovah's Witnesses - Jesus was established invisibly in his heavenly Kingdom. Since then humankind has been in the "time of the end" or the "last days".

Simple reasoning, but wrong. There's a whole lot wrong with the above reasoning, but for this post I'm going to focus on just one thing - the start date of the whole calculation - 607 B.C.E.

If the start date of 607 B.C.E. is wrong, the entire Jehovah's Witness end times theology crumbles because it then lacks a solid foundation.

---------------------//---------------------//---------------------

To calculate the actual date of Jerusalem's destruction, we have to start with a date that the Watchtower Society and the academic community agree on. This date is 539 B.C.E. - the date of the fall of the Babylonian Empire to Medo-Persia.

Now the Babylonians were nerds when it came to record keeping. They were totally pedantic about it! As such, their archaeological record is beyond dispute. There is literally TONS of evidence available. Their records around the succession of Babylonian kings is detailed and complete (it's almost conceivable that you'd be able to discover what Belshazzar was eating on the night of his defeat, as well as the recipe!).

REFERENCES:
The Watchtower 1965 1/1 p. 29 gives the correct succession of Babylonian kings as well as the duration of their rule.

Insight vol. 2 p. 457 gives the duration and dates of Nabonidus' rule. These dates and duration actually AGREE with secular sources.

Insight vol. 2 p. 480 gives the correct duration of Nebuchadnezzar's rule, but it gets the dates (624-582 B.C.E.) wrong. The dates are just stated. No reference is given. Readers are just supposed to accept them without question.

CALCULATION:
Now for the calculation (blue arrows on the chart above)

Start with 539 B.C.E.
---------------------------------------
+ 17 (Nabonidus' rule)
+ 3/4 (Labashi-Marduk's rule)
+ 4 (Neriglissar's rule)
+ 2 (Evil-merodach's rule)
+ 43 (Nebuchadnezzar's rule)
-------------------------------------
= 605 B.C.E (start of Nebuchadnezzar's rule)
-------------------------------------
- 19 years (based on 2 Kings 25:8,9)

=======================
= 586 B.C.E (the date of Jerusalem's destruction according to secular sources)
=======================

PROBLEM:
If 586 B.C.E. is the actual date of Jerusalem's destruction, this blows the "marked year" of 1914 out of the water. This makes the Jehovah's Witness "this generation" doctrine wrong! It makes their "Kingdom establishment in 1914" doctrine wrong! It makes their "sealing of the 144,000" doctrine wrong! It makes their being chosen "by Jesus in 1919 as the only true organisation" doctrine wrong!

Now, for the sake of argument, let's assume that Jehovah's Witnesses are right as to the start of Nebuchadnezzar's rule (624 B.C.E), as they claim - because this is what their 'spirit anointed' Governing Body - their "Guardians Of Doctrine" still teach.

The Jehovah's Witnesses calculation (red arrows on the diagram - working backwards)

Start with 624 B.C.E. (start of Nebuchadnezzar's rule according to Watchtower)
--------------------------------------------------
- 43 (Nebuchadnezzar's rule)
- 2 (Evil-merodach's rule)
- 4 (Neriglissar's rule)
- 3/4 (Labashi-Marduk's rule)
--------------------------------------------------
= 574 B.C.E. (Start of Nabonidus' rule. This CLASHES with their own literature that states that Nabonidus started ruling in 556 B.C.E.!)
-------------------------------------------------
- 17 (Nabonidus' rule)
=========================
= 557 B.C.E. (End of Nabonidus' rule. This CLASHES with their own literature that states that Nabonidus ended ruling in 539 B.C.E.!)
=========================

This PROVES that Watchtower have just pulled dates out of their bum to support their own flawed theology.

---------------------//---------------------//---------------------//-------------------------------

In Watchtower literature you will often find dates [IN SQUARE BRACKETS] inserted into academic quotes. These are date ASSUMPTIONS inserted by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. In all my research in the mentioned resources, not a single date was actually referenced academically. This is blatantly deceitful!

MY OPINION:
The argument above is based on documented FACT and primary school MATHEMATICS.

God may (or may not) have used imperfect men as his mouthpiece on earth. But it is inconceivable that the creator of the universe, who can put planets in orbit around a star with split-second precision, should allow his 'anointed representative on earth' to make such fundamental mathematical and historical blunders!

(Ezekiel 13:6-10) “They have visioned what is untrue and a lying divination, those who are saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when Jehovah himself has not sent them, and they have waited to have a word come true. Is it not an untrue vision that YOU men have visioned, and a lying divination that YOU have said, when saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when I myself have spoken nothing?”’ “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “‘For the reason that YOU men have spoken untruth and YOU have visioned a lie, therefore here I am against YOU,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.” And my hand has come to be against the prophets that are visioning untruth and that are divining a lie. In the intimate group of my people they will not continue on, and in the register of the house of Israel they will not be written, and to the soil of Israel they will not come; and YOU people will have to know that I am the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, for the reason, yes, for the reason that they have led my people astray, saying, “There is peace!” when there is no peace, and there is one that is building a partition wall, but in vain there are those plastering it with whitewash.’

CONCLUSION:
The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses ARE NOT God's spirit-appointed spokesmen, and are in fact carrying on a lie. Those who 'like and carry on a lie' are bunched along with spiritists, fornicators, murderers, and idolaters. (Revelation 22:15) "Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie."

Their OWN literature refutes their own doctrine. As the "Guardians of Doctrine" they are still trying to plaster their broken wall with whitewash. They claim to speak the word of Jehovah, but the fact is, Jehovah has told them NOTHING!

(Mark 7:6-cool He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.”

(Matthew 15:3-11) "In reply he said to them: “Why do you overstep the commandment of God because of your tradition? ... So you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition. You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.”

Let all Jehovah's Witnesses use discernment today - The Governing Body that you so revere as spirit-anointed sons of God, are just as bad - if not worse - than the Pharisees of Jesus' day.

---------------------//---------------------//---------------------

sources:
1. https://www.facebook.com/AwakeFromWatchtower/photos/a.1149114935163583.1073741828.1142848669123543/1163649370376806/?type=3&theater
2. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/607-587.php

Footnotes:
1. Seven times of Danel 4:16
2. 2520 years of Revelation 12:6, 14

Re: For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by ChristianFreedo(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
JMAN05, DoctorAlien, joyandfaith, oneolajire, MamuzoADUMS, SirWere

[size=14pt]We have no excused after we have been shown the truth.[/size]

Re: For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by DoctorAlien(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
ChristianFreedo:
JMAN05, DoctorAlien,

Good day friend. smiley

It's my prayer that GOD will open the eyes of JWs to see that what they teach and practise is far from the Bible.

Re: For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by ChristianFreedo(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Good day friend. smiley

It's my prayer that GOD will open the eyes of JWs to see that what they teach and practise is far from the Bible.

I cannot really blame them all. I would have responded that way if they didn't push me to start digging on why the governing body are so mad at JWs attending university and saying those attending University shows a lack of faith. That made me dig and I came to realize why. They are scared of Knowledge.
Re: For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by DoctorAlien(m): 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
ChristianFreedo:

I cannot really blame them all. I would have responded that way if they didn't push me to start digging on why the governing body are so mad at JWs attending university and saying those attending University shows a lack of fact. That made me dig and I realise why. They are scared of Knowledge.

Are you kidding me? So JWs are instructed not to attend universities?

Re: For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by ChristianFreedo(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you kidding me? So JWs are instructed not to attend universities?

Not Just instructed, a lot of elders/Ministerial servants/Pioneers loss their position if they do not know how to answer when questioned why He sends his children to school
Re: For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by DoctorAlien(m): 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
ChristianFreedo:

Not Just instructed, a lot of elders/Ministerial servants/Pioneers loss their position if they do not know how to answer when questioned why He sends his children to school

Chai! Ignorance is deadly!

Re: For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis by oneolajire(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Jw's doctrine is a terrible a poison

There Is No Such Thing As "GRACE!" / How Prophet TB Joshua Sponsored Dr.yinka Oduwole To Phd Level In UK / Science Says We Need At Least 4 Basic Elements To Survive