Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know (52782 Views)

What You Need To Know When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement / Evans Leads Police To Houses Where He Keeps His Victims (photos) / What You Need To Know When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by Thomthom(m): 11:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
This write up is ok.. But it is diffrent from the real life.. Policeman will just wnt to obtain something from you any how.. I went to visit a friend opposite federal polytchnic Auchi at about 8:30pm i took my bike then i met some group of policemen At the Institution Hostel gate.. One of them stop me and ask me to bring mike bike particulars or roger.. That roger got me very angry, becos it was that day PMB launched change begins with me..at first something told me not to roger.. But i realise that they will not let me go till about 11pm
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by nnamdiosu(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2016
benpuzzy:

Because that friend of yours doesn't know his right. I have succeeded to gain the respect of some of the police men in my area because i know even more than what they know. One tried to bite more than he can chew few days ago and landed himself into police cell for two days, he avoided my area for few days after his release cos he said it was a disgrace for a civilian to cause the detention of a policeman.

Bros trust me.....it'd just by the grace of God....not becos u sabi book. There r some policemen who no send u. Just pray you don't land into their trap. U think its every police station u go to that they ask for your statement? Or u don't know that there are some stations once u enter...and don't get bailed within a week they shoot the person and sell his parts to ritualists.yes. in this Nigeria o. See bro just take this prayer point everyday...that God should prevent ur path from crossing any police man.

3 Likes

Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by benpuzzy(m): 12:34am On Sep 18, 2016
nnamdiosu:

Bros trust me.....it'd just by the grace of God....not becos u sabi book. There r some policemen who no send u. Just pray you don't land into their trap. U think its every police station u go to that they ask for your statement? Or u don't know that there ate some statuon once u enter...and don't get bailed within a week they shoot the person and sell his parts to ritualists.yrd. in this Nigeria o. See bro just take this prayer point everyday...that God should prevent ur path from cross any police man.

Hahahahaahaha, I pray so
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by benpuzzy(m): 1:05am On Sep 18, 2016
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH IT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN FORCED BY THE POLICE TO INCRIMINATE YOURSELF IN A STATEMENT YOU WROTE?

https://www.nairaland.com/3355687/how-deal-it-when-know
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by bolabolabo: 1:45am On Sep 18, 2016
benpuzzy:

None of the above just that "the Due Process Group" taught me all the ways to handle some policemen and their illegalities. One good thing about the Nigerian Police is that the ASPs and above are educated, once you tell your IPO that you want to see the DPO or the Area commander, he will start treating you with respect cos their reason for arresting you will implicate them, to be on a safer side, just search for any DPA centre in your environment and the Police will respect you.

Hmnnn. I learnt from that.

Due process Advocates. Do they really function?
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by sunnyside16(m): 5:09am On Sep 18, 2016
Do not paragraph or leave space when writting and sign at the end of your last word. choke you sentence up, I repeat leave no space or paragraph, else what you didn't write will be included behind you.
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by stchinedu: 5:34am On Sep 18, 2016
benpuzzy:

The problem we have is that people are always afraid when they hear the name "Police or police Station". Good a thing we have Human right Lawyers now that are ready to fight for you free of charge once you are innocent.

Where are the human right lawyers....It will help if you give their numbers.

All I see around are pocket right lawyers.
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by Progress2468(m): 6:01am On Sep 18, 2016
I have a laptop which I have misplaced the receipt and often carry to and from the office

While reading this post it occurred to me that this could form an avenue for the police to extort me

Kindly advise on the necessary steps to take
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by xreal: 6:11am On Sep 18, 2016
benpuzzy:

Somebody has answered your question above just search for it, the reason for not leaving a space and no-paragraphing is for your own good cos any Police man that wants to implicate you will squeeze something in that space and paragraph that you left

oh, thank you.

1 Like

Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by sevenhundred(m): 7:08am On Sep 18, 2016
benpuzzy:

Because that friend of yours doesn't know his right. I have succeeded to gain the respect of some of the police men in my area because i know even more than what they know. One tried to bite more than he can chew few days ago and landed himself into police cell for two days, he avoided my area for few days after his release cos he said it was a disgrace for a civilian to cause the detention of a policeman.
Just thanks God you are in a friendly police station, in my area you can never talk about your right in a ststion!!!
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by christiengeorge(m): 7:18am On Sep 18, 2016
benpuzzy:

tell me more,I think am in interested
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by Codyt(m): 7:50am On Sep 18, 2016
SirVintageCock:
I travelled to my town on one of this festivities and was strolling and greeting friends along the way with my earpiece blasting P-square's Omoge mi till I got to the pathway that leads to our compound. I was about negotiating the bend when this guy I know quite well shoot off like a bullet almost knocking me flat on the ground, I managed to peep to know what's after him and there were really something after him, ...... policemen were after him. I didn't bother to count how many they are i just shoot off too and followed the guy by then they were already very close and had their hands around my shirt I manage to wriggle out of their grip, pull it off and throw it into the bush while I was running for my dear life.
By then the guy they were after was already short of breath and felt that since they are after me too he can take a break and catch his breathe. They got him on his shirt and trouser and were dragging him back to their van oblivious of the fact that my guy was unbuttoning his clothes. He managed to cut himself loose again and shoot off, they held the shirt it slipped from his body, the trouser is already at his ankle he lifted his leg and got it out and WAS FREEEEEEEE. He ran like a mo'fucker for his dear life. The policemen were amazed to what was happening to the extent that instead of chasing him they stood there for some seconds before bursting into fistful fits of laughter.
It WAS funny but wouldn't have been funny if they had caught him.
I witnessed from a VERY safe distance.
So hilarious! Police for naija na huge joke cheesy grin
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by benpuzzy(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2016
bolabolabo:

Hmnnn. I learnt from that.

Due process Advocates. Do they really function?

Just check my signature and read all about them there, you will be surprise that a group like that exists in Nigeria.
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by benpuzzy(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2016
stchinedu:

Where are the human right lawyers....It will help if you give their numbers.

All I see around are pocket right lawyers.

Just check the facebook link on my signature but please don't forget to come back to nairaland and testify.
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by benpuzzy(m): 8:23am On Sep 18, 2016
sevenhundred:
Just thanks God you are in a friendly police station, in my area you can never talk about your right in a ststion!!!

Oga the problem that most of us has is impatient that is why we prefer to ransom to the police than taking the pains of during things in the right way.

A friend of mine was accused of raping a six years old girl and was put in detention when i returned from travel and visited this friend of mine in the police station, he narrated everything to me and when i met his uncle, his uncle told me that the police demanded for #100,000 or they will take him to the state police command and from there send him to prison. I requested for the lab result from the police but they kept on dribbling me with come today come tomorrow, then i knew that the police were upto something else i immediately invited a Human right lawyer, when the "2ic to the Area Commander" saw the Lawyer, he said that the case was in the hand of the Area Commander who was out of town, the lawyer called the Area Commander, during there discussion session i overhead the Lawyer telling the Area Commander that the Area commander knew that the evidence against this my friend was blurr that he is interested in the case surprisingly, the Area commander said that he was even tired of the case that he didn't know that the boy was still in detention, that was how my guy regained his freedom.

The funniest thing was that the IPO met his uncle and was pleading with him to give them money for pure water, the Uncle just gave them 1k.

We have two categories of Nigerian police, those that started their career as a RECRUIT (these people entered with their School leaving cert or O'level Cert) and those that attended CADET or GRADUATES OF NIGERIA POLICE ACADEMY (these ones are graduates), from these you should know those that are spoiling the name of the police.
Re: When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know by gannod(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2016
SirVintageCock:
I travelled to my town on one of this festivities and was strolling and greeting friends along the way with my earpiece blasting P-square's Omoge mi till I got to the pathway that leads to our compound. I was about negotiating the bend when this guy I know quite well shoot off like a bullet almost knocking me flat on the ground, I managed to peep to know what's after him and there were really something after him, ...... policemen were after him. I didn't bother to count how many they are i just shoot off too and followed the guy by then they were already very close and had their hands around my shirt I manage to wriggle out of their grip, pull it off and throw it into the bush while I was running for my dear life.
By then the guy they were after was already short of breath and felt that since they are after me too he can take a break and catch his breathe. They got him on his shirt and trouser and were dragging him back to their van oblivious of the fact that my guy was unbuttoning his clothes. He managed to cut himself loose again and shoot off, they held the shirt it slipped from his body, the trouser is already at his ankle he lifted his leg and got it out and WAS FREEEEEEEE. He ran like a mo'fucker for his dear life. The policemen were amazed to what was happening to the extent that instead of chasing him they stood there for some seconds before bursting into fistful fits of laughter.
It WAS funny but wouldn't have been funny if they had caught him.
I witnessed from a VERY safe distance.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos / Photos: Thief Caught Broad Daylight Trying To Rob A Shop Owner In Lagos Just Now / Syria: Teenager Shot Dead By Her Own Family For Refusing To Marry Her Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.