Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) (45974 Views)

Bitcoin Company Shocks Customers, Disappears With Millions / Niger Delta Red Squad Members Nabbed By Security After Gun Battle In Rivers (Pic / Anambra Vigilante Arrested For Almost Cutting Off Resident's Hand In Rivers. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Islie: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2016
There was confusion in Rumuokurusi community in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers when an unidentified woman in a commercial tricycle (keke) snatched a 13-month-old baby, Chinazamepkere Eke, and disappeared to an unknown destination.

The unidentified woman had ostensibly instructed the keke rider to get close to a six-year-old girl known as Chinyere Agbai carrying the baby on her back, before pulling her victim into the vehicle to Agbai’s dismay.

It was gathered that the child theft, which happened at about 8.30 am on Monday shocked indigenes of the community, who said that such an incident had never occurred in the area.

The distraught mother of the stolen child, Ms. Oluchi Eke, who spoke with Southern City News on Thursday, said she was in her shop where she sells provisions when she learnt that her baby girl had been stolen.

Eke, who said she had separated with her husband, explained that she was dazed by the information she got about her baby.

The 31-year-old mother of two said it was not the first time her baby would be brought to her in the shop and wondered why a fellow woman would steal her second child in such a manner.

Eke, however, explained that she had reported the matter at Elimgbu Police Station.

According to her, “This thing happened on Monday; my first daughter was carrying the little girl  to the shop on the road around Orianwo Street, by Tank junction in Rumuokurusi.

“A woman in a keke dragged the little baby into the Keke and went away with my child. The baby that was carrying the little girl is six years.

“I was in my shop while the two children were coming to meet me because they had returned from their extra-moral class.

“When the thing happened, I went to Elimbgu Police Station to report it. The police said I should be coming to the station. I have put everything in God’s hands.”

Eke, who is from Bende LGA in Abia State, pointed out that she had not called her estranged husband to inform him about the development, adding that she was not sure if her husband was aware of the stolen child.

She, nevertheless, defended her husband, maintaining that her husband, Mr. Okechukwu Agbai, cannot be involved in the stealing of her child.

“I am not in good term with my husband. I am not suspecting my husband to have a hand in the act. The baby is one year, one month now.

“My husband’s name is Mr Okachukwu Agbai. I have not called him after the incident happened. I don’t know if he has heard of it.

“I have been calling his number for over two months now, but it is not going. I have two children, two girls and they have taken one.

“My husband did not claim ownership of the baby. I want the world to hear of the stealing of my child and I appeal to the police to help me to find my baby.”

According to Eke, who is popularly known as Mama Chinaza, her stolen baby has two birthmarks under one of her armpits and big eyeballs.

When contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Nnamdi Omoni, said he had yet to be briefed on the matter.

He, however, promised to call the Divisional Police Officer of the area to get details on the stolen child.

http://punchng.com/unidentified-woman-disappears-13-month-old-baby-rivers/

2 Shares

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2016
May she find her lost child.. embarassed

44 Likes

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by madridguy(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Inna Ala Rojihi Laqodiru. Amin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by abiolert(m): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2016
wonders in our land. some will still come and blame buhari over this .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by nnachukz(m): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2016
They have now upgraded, they are no longer contented with snatching bags and money but have included children as targets. Only God will save us in this era. What have never happened in some areas are now happening.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by charijee(f): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2016
Awww too bad angry
May God bring the child back unharmed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by tayexz(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2016
i thought disappearing only happens on nollywood movie set. anyway one day na one day them go catch d bastard!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by emorse(m): 11:26am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by emorse(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2016
They snatch babies like purses now? Nawa o
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2016
May this little innocent girl return back home unharmed from this wicked people, whose wickedness can be found in their DNA.
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by idupaul: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
Is it me or that baby looks a lot like Osinbanjo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by salabscholar01(m): 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
hmm..
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by ify2016: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
This one be like Merlin film o
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by VocalWalls: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
This is an undebatable in-house job

How did the person in the keke know there'll be a baby to snatch at that particular time if they hadn't already done a recon?

The abductors will soon call in with their demands.

1 Like

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by techinfong: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
You mean it? Merlin or film trick shocked
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
GRAND THEFT BABY SAN AKPOR.
The world is filled with wicked people.

... Check out my youtube channel for hilarious comic clips https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9zy1zX7ox1t4CD2tzDRUA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Daslim180(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
Na wa ooo

Singing "Crazy world by Lucky Dube''

1 Like

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
THIS IS JUST UTTER BULL****
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by buoye1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Rituals
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Thisis2raw(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nigerians are becoming way too wicked
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by faruz: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
I
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Victorakats(m): 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by manuel80(m): 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
She'll be found.. if they catch her and turn her to barbecue now.. Somebori will say it's not fair.. GOD help us

1 Like

Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
See what recession is causing
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by ALAYORMII: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
Disappearing act
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by SenatorTobijah(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hope She's still alive and would be found soon. Let's all pray for her safety
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
poor baby cry cry i pray the good lord i serve protect and bring him safely to his family
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by sexychocho(f): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
God av mercy oooo

May d baby be found IJN
Re: Woman Disappears With 13-Month-Old Baby In Rivers (pic) by lonelydora: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
Azu ikpokpo ehhhhh! The end is near really.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Kill 5 Notorious Criminals In Katsina (graphic Photos) / Delta Herbalist Arrested With Two Human Skulls (Pictures) / Soldier Shoots Himself Dead In Yobe (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.