Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example (964 Views)

19 Simple Ways To Show Change Begins With You As A Nigerian - LoftyCentre / Buhari And Osinbajo Wearing Caps In Support Of 'Change Begins With Me' / Buhari To Launch ‘change Begins With Me’ Campaign On Thursday-the Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
The change that we voted for recently metamorphosed into “change begins with me” as we all witnessed a historic launch of the program. Although the initiative have been faulted and a lot of controversy has equally erupted including a plagiarized speech ushering in the change.
Well it is not all that seen from a negative stand point anymore as a Nigerian police officer have allowed the change to begin with him. Chris N N Okafor, a facebook user recounted his experience with a Nigerian police officer who showed an exceptional attitude change. Below is the full story:
Today i saw something that pleased my heart and gave me hope that Nigeria has courteous men in the NIgeria Police.
Today i was driving from Ibadan to Ijebu-Ode, a honda accord was driving in front of me as we got to a check-point, the mobile policeman, looking through the car, saw 3 men and a boy of about 3-4years old. He asked the boy to step out of the car and nicely asked him where his mum was; the said “home. He then asked him about his father to which the boy pointed to the driver of the Honda accord car. The police man asked the boy if he knew any of the other two men, the boy said one was uncle Tolu and the other was uncle something (can’t remember). The policeman then asked him where they were going to and the boy replied, “we are going to grandma’s place”.
After the discussion with the boy, the policeman led the boy nicely back to the car, opened the door for the boy and let the boy back into the car. He then walked over to the driver and apologised for taking his time, of course the driver (father) smiled and then drove on.
The same police man walked up to me and started by apologizing for having kept me while he discussed with the boy and explained he had to be sure the boy wasn’t kidnapped or something. All i could do was stretch out my hand and gave him a good handshake with of course a broad smile. I was proud of him! who won’t?
As i drove on, i had to pinch myself to be sure this wasn’t a dream, In Nigeria? A policeman this courteous? I was glad.
For the rest of the journey i kept whistling and the smile on my face remained till i drove into Ijebu-ode.. the smile remained until one hungry looking policeman shouted at me to park well….Hmmmm. I guess its an individual thing.
From what i’ve seen, our police can work well and be good at their job but i think we still have a good number of them that still live in the old; these old block needs to be retrained. They need to be like the first policeman and show courtesy.
On my way back i would get the name of this nice policeman who made me proud. He might just leave another smile on my face while i return home.

http://lifedrama.com.ng/change-begins-with-me-a-nigerian-police-officer-sets-example/

Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by agwom(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by 3unitload(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
Police are always your friend
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by jesse8048(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
They has always been good people in d police force but d bad ones outweighs d good ones. Few years ago after my encounter wit some police officers I began to wish I can shoot dem or kill dem one day wit my car. Lol, still laugh when I remember that.
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by Cutehector(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nice one. One police man can just make a difference.
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by MrFlavvor(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
tell ammassoma police to start #changebeginswithme. Yesterday at Ammassoma, the host community of NDU police enter NDDC just start to pick students randomly of the streets for no reason at all. I myself narrowly escaped being caught. God only go change us
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by amaechi1: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
I strongly believe good values is the key to our personal development. Anyone who does believe that change begins with him/her should go ahead with her negative lifestyle.
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
Things will surely get better

If everybody do d right thing, not just d government including d market women who is ready to exploit others, d lecturer that exploit students just to enrich himself

If d government, citizens, doctors, police, fuel marketers, men of the clergy, teachers, nairalanders ETC, do the right thing, we will b a stone throw from niaja of our dreams
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by SFSNIPER(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
It all depends on the mindset and orientation one has before joining the force(s).
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Mstcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww.......
Re: Change Begins With Me: A Nigerian Police Officer Sets Example by alizma: 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
my president may have done hmmmmm what is that English name jare? mcheeeew, let me call what I know, ehen Copy and paste but the fact remains that the message was passed to the masses. by the way, my president is on his way to apologize to Obama over the copy and paste issue.
moreover, bros Obama will understands baba's situation. imagine if you are in baba's shoes, you lost your precious certificate alongside your English, definitely you will be left with no other choice than to borrow from does who have enough in their reserve since 2008.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Host Mikel Obi(photos) / Release Of Nnamdi Kanu Tops List Of Conditions Igbo Senators Gave Buhari To Supp / #goodluckjonathanplscomebackamsorry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.