Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll (1070 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting / Witches And Wizards Speak On Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Mandynews(f): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday threw another jab at Governor Nyesom Wike of River State, asking him to face governance in his state and pay the salaries of workers, instead of squandering the peoples’ slim resources on an election the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is bound to lose.

Governor Oshiomhole’s attack on Wike is the latest in the exchange of brickbats between the governors ahead of the September 28 governorship election in the state.

Oshiomhole said it was laughable for Governor Wike to have some level of effrontery to talk about governance when he (Wike) has been unable to pay the state’s workers’ salaries for several months.

He urged Governor Wike to learn how to talk him, “that is performing and up-to-date with payment of salaries and not one, whose noise alone can cause further pollution in a Rivers environment that was already degraded.”

Oshiomhole also advised Wike to spend the money he planned to spend for the PDP in Edo State to pay the backlog of salaries owed civil servants in River State.

Speaking through the State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Prince Kassim Afegbua, Oshiomhole stated that there was no reason why Governor Wike would waste the people’s resources on Edo election out of sheer desperation to acquire regional powers.

According to him, “In the circle of governance, where men are truly called men, someone like Governor Wike cannot muster any courage to be called a man when he has continuously held Rivers workers in scorn without paying them their due salaries and emoluments.

“Even though Edo State is not as economically viable as Rivers State, we do not only pay our workers salaries, we have since increased our workers minimum wages from N18,000 to N25,000.

“That this salary increase is happening at a time when Governor Wike is lamenting over paucity of funds should explain in greater details our uncommon creativity and prudent management of resources.

“The last time we visited Rivers State, we were appalled by the plights of Rivers workers whose lamentations Governor Wike has consistently ignored. Our piece of advice to him as a younger brother was to properly guide him so he doesn’t go astray by the temptations of an election that his party is bound to lose.

“Rather than waste Rivers people’s money, keep Rivers people’s money for them. He should be reminded that Edo voters are not gullible like voters elsewhere and their level of sophistication would make the September 28th election a smooth sail for the All Progressives Congress. It is our responsibility to caution Governor Wike before he exports his gangsterism to Edo State.”

http://lifedrama.com.ng/oshiomhole-challenge-wike-to-pay-workers-salaries-before-he-speaks-on-edo-poll/

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by TyrantInAsoRock: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
The man that owns local govt 18months salaries

Only God knows what the shawty that came for the money (not the body) do this hediat
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Danosky502: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
and d war of words kwantinu. I just d hold my peace o,I no wan comment

meanwhile
FTC
I dedicate it to al akwa ibomites in d forum.
Proudly an Akwa ibomites

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by AngelAhnie(f): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
Horror face

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Calismart(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
Na true him talk
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Calismart(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Horror face

Sista,forget the face.
It doesnt really matter.
I believe you know the things that matters grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by AngelAhnie(f): 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
Calismart:

Sista,forget the face.
It doesnt really matter.
I believe you know the things that matters grin
no, tell me
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Calismart(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
AngelAhnie:
no, tell me

Everybody knows na grin

I love your signature thoughtongue
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by techmatas: 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by AngelAhnie(f): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Calismart:

Everybody knows na grin

I love your signature thoughtongue
thanksgrin I don't know dear
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Jafar1: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
Politicians exchanging words like children

This will soon develop to insult, that was what happened between BOLA TINIBU AND..........

REMIND ME PLS grin
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Dasini: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
Truely, oshomole has spoken, I hope wike will stick to the message/words! And do justice to those questions raised.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dasini:
Truely, oshomole has spoken, I hope wike will stick to the message/words! And do justice to those questions raised.
oshiomole is owing local government workers 18 months so he should keep quite
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by ddippset(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
wike should not take his gangsterism to Edo state.- WORD!
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Jesusloveyou: 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
AngelAhnie:
no, tell me
that small wike want regional power, the gangster want to control the foolish fake pastor ize-iyamu.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by Jesusloveyou: 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
asuustrike2009:

which local govt, u must be kidding, or u want us to open rotten worms-can, or let me just put ur head straight, is osho local govt chairman, and why is it only egor local govt that is owing. dont bother to reply me, becos u know nothing about edo state

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by OXYZ: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Olodo,stop exposing your ignorance in the public,is it a most for you to comment?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by AngelAhnie(f): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
that small wike want regional power, the gangster want to control the foolish fake pastor ize-iyamu.
mind changing your moniker?

Don't you ever refer to wike, the people's choice as a gangster. I never for once see this short devil as a ruling govr. He is more like a clown to me tongue
Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by genearts(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:
The man that owns local govt 18months salaries

Only God knows what the shawty that came for the money (not the body) do this hediat

Which LG is oshiomhole "owning" 18 months salary?

How can a state governor be owing LG workers? Does that make sense to you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Challenge Wike To Pay Workers’ Salaries Before He Speaks On Edo Poll by TyrantInAsoRock: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
genearts:

Which LG is oshiomhole "owning" 18 months salary?

How can a state governor be owing LG workers? Does that make sense to you?

I should be the 1 that should ask you if what you said make sense to you

Or maybe you are ignorant that LG finances in Nigeria are under the state govt

Have you ever heard pple say "chairman has paid LG salaries"

It's "governor so so has paid LG salaries"

(1) (Reply)

Expected Breaking News To Many Nigerian At This Time ..... / Edo Polls: Unofficial Results Indicate No Clear Cut Winner, As APC Chairman Lose / This Is What Buhari Means In Igbo Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.