Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,353 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Does Sikkens Paint Do This? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Sikkens Paint Do This? (2842 Views)

If You Scratch This ₦902k Car Paint,It Will Repair Itself When Exposed To Heat / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car / This Rolls-royce Ghost Has 1,000 Crushed Diamonds In Its Paint (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by Piyke: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
You would recall I had my car baked earlier this year; https://www.nairaland.com/2863254/paint-job-diary-respray-03-accord

I took down my rear bumper a week or 2 ago to replace a tail light and on reassembly noticed flaking paint in an area of the bumper that was flexing during re-installation (see attached pic). It seemed the flexing made the paint come off.

Question: Is this cracking/flaking of paint due to poor quality paint or poor application technique? I didn't use Sikkens (didn't know about the brand at the time).

Does Sikkens do this? or is it more of poor workmanship sad

Re: Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by Namzy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
How much is the tail light?
Re: Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by Piyke: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
Namzy:
How much is the tail light?

Got it used for 5-6k (I think) at Mgbuka Obosi early this year but never fixed it till now
Re: Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by Piyke: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
Piyke:

Got it used for 5-6k (I think) at Mgbuka Obosi early this year but never fixed it till now

This was just the part you see from the sides i.e. doesn't include the part on the trunk. You get?
Re: Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
Piyke:
You would recall I had my car baked earlier this year; https://www.nairaland.com/2863254/paint-job-diary-respray-03-accord

I took down my rear bumper a week or 2 ago to replace a tail light and on reassembly noticed flaking paint in an area of the bumper that was flexing during re-installation (see attached pic). It seemed the flexing made the paint come off.

Question: Is this cracking/flaking of paint due to poor quality paint or poor application technique? I didn't use Sikkens (didn't know about the brand at the time).

Does Sikkens do this? or is it more of poor workmanship sad

Read the attached and judge for yourself

Re: Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
problem is not the paint, but the preparation before paintwork.
Re: Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
Additional - so you can tell if the work is done well or done bad

Re: Does Sikkens Paint Do This? by Piyke: 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Thanks IdaraCHOB and Gazzuzz. Poor priming appears to be the culprit! Thanks again

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord (EOD)2005 Gear Disengage While Still On Drive / Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem / What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.