Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding (612 Views)

Buhari Administration Recalls Abdulrasheed Maina, Wanted Ex-Pension Boss Sacked / Troop Arrests Wanted Ex-militant Leader For Sabotaging The Economy / Adeboye Lays Hands On Olunloyo, As Ex-Gov. Apologizes For Daughter's Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by HtwoOw: 6:58am On Sep 18, 2016
Legal representatives of Ibrahim Shema, the immediate past governor of Katsina State, who was declared wanted on Wednesday for alleged fraud, are negotiating with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, his spokesman said Thursday.

A spokesperson said there were talks to “cool everything down”, and to allow Mr. Shema respond to the commission’s invitation on a later date.
Mr. Shema was declared wanted on Thursday night on allegations that he committed offenses such as “criminal conspiracy, inflation of contract, abuse of office, diversion of funds and embezzlement running into billions of naira”.

The EFCC said the former governor, a member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, was declared wanted after efforts to get him to respond to the allegations, or invitations by the EFCC, failed.

Mr. Shema’s spokesman, Oluwabusola Olawale, told PREMIUM TIMES that the former governor’s lawyers were holding talks that could allow the governor a soft landing.

“His lawyers are negotiating with EFCC officials to cool everything down and allow him come on a new date,” Mr. Olawale said. “We’re hoping there’ll be a breakthrough between today and tomorrow.”
Sources in the anti-graft office had told PREMIUM TIMES Wednesday that Mr. Shema was sought for allegedly mismanaging about N68 billion of state funds while he was governor between 2007 and 2015.
In 2012 alone, sources said Mr. Shema allegedly diverted about N18 billion from government coffers into his private accounts for undisclosed reasons.

The officials said Mr. Shema further raided local governments monthly allocation accounts which were being jointly run with the state government, leaving little for developmental projects and clearance of local government employees’ wages and salaries. A sum of N50 billion is believed to have been mismanaged this way.

Mr. Shema has denied the allegations.

He accuses his successor, Bello Masari, of setting the EFCC and other anti-corruption agencies against him.
Mr. Masari, however, denied the allegations, saying he won’t exchange words with Mr. Shema because some of the corruption charges were already in court.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/210496-ex-gov-shema-wanted-efcc-talks-soft-landing.html
Re: Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by GMbuharii: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
Those errand efcc pigeons of the pantastically kwarrapt dogharious president dont know where shema is,huh? Did they declare him wanted and gave him an ultimatum to show up? If it was igbo all the armoured tanks and black maria would've been unleashed with afonja zombies and mumurians choking in their vommits,screaming our yam! kill them all!

In the Zoo nation,some criminals obviously have preferential treatment..
grin

1 Like

Re: Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by sarrki(m): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
GMbuharii:
Those errand efcc pigeons of the pantastically kwarrapt dogharious president dont know where shema is,huh? Did they declare him wanted and gave him an ultimatum to show up? If it was igbo all the armoured tanks and black maria would've been unleashed with afonja zombies and mumurians choking in their vommits,screaming our yam! kill them all!

In the Zoo nation,some criminals obviously have preferential treatment..
grin

Why do you indulge in tribalism?

Why do you love corrupt people

Pls bro

Have a rethink it will go along way for you
Re: Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by GMbuharii: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
sarrki:

Why do you indulge in tribalism?

Why do you love corrupt people

Pls bro

Have a rethink it will go along way for you

mention where i said i love a corrupt person or keep shut forever..
Face the topic and dont stain me with ur afonja perfume.

Efcc shud go after shema and not wait for shema to arrange vip reception style arrest. Luwbish
Re: Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by sarrki(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
GMbuharii:

mention where i said i love a corrupt person or keep shut forever..
Face the topic and dont stain me with ur afonja perfume.

Efcc shud go after shema and not wait for shema to arrange vip reception style arrest. Luwbish
respect your elderly one

You see an elder like me and you tell me to shut up
Re: Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by GMbuharii: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
sarrki:
respect your elderly one

You see an elder like me and you tell me to shut up

what does a lying elder expect? Answer my question,did i show love there to any criminal?
Re: Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by GMbuharii: 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
sarrki:

dem døn lock dat airline topic..(buhari sef)
èhèn na,na so,me sef dey catch fun as well na...
Abeg enjoy ya heineken there o,nø come accuse me of ruining ya owambe party..emi o se buhari to'n ba owambe naija jè
grin
Re: Wanted Ex Gov Shemma Arranges For Softlanding by gustavo281: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello babies cheesy
How are you?

(1) (Reply)

You Are Responsible For Prostitution In IDP Camps, NEMA Faults Shettima / BREAKING: Senate Rejects Sale Of National Assets / Live Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.