Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? (996 Views)

How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? / Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? / Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Millz404(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2016
I was reading the bible last time and verses in Genesis got me a little bit confused. It is said that the devil deceived eve. My question is, did the devil lie in all that he said? Below are the two bible verses

GENESIS 3:1-5: Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

GENESIS 3:22: The LORD God said, "Since man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil, he must not reach out, take from the tree of life, eat, and live forever."
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by divinehand2003(m): 7:41am On Sep 18, 2016
Yes he did
He wanted man to disobey God, hence the unsuspected deception. Furthermore let's analyse his lies in the said scripture...,,

1-You will not certainly die.......
Man was not meant to die either physically or spiritually but after the fall of man, God said man shall return to dust (physical death) and shall be cast to hell fire (spiritual death) if repentance wasn't achieved.

2-your eyes will be opened.....
Yes our eyes opened and innocence disappeared forever. It opened to think evil, commit sin, and be like the devil himself.

3-you will be like God
Lol, in what sense. God is almighty, all powerful and all knowing.
Yet we die as mere men today.

4-know good and evil.........
Who that one epp today. The flesh is weak even if your spirit is willing to do the right thing.

Satan lied all the way.
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Millz404(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2016
divinehand2003:
Yes he did
He wanted man to disobey God, hence the unsuspected deception. Furthermore let's analyse his lies in the said scripture...,,

1-You will not certainly die.......
Man was not meant to die either physically or spiritually but after the fall of man, God said man shall return to dust (physical death) and shall be cast to hell fire (spiritual death) if repentance wasn't achieved.

2-your eyes will be opened.....
Yes our eyes opened and innocence disappeared forever. It opened to think evil, commit sin, and be like the devil himself.

3-you will be like God
Lol, in what sense. God is almighty, all powerful and all knowing.
Yet we die as mere men today.

4-know good and evil.........
Who that one epp today. The flesh is weak even if your spirit is willing to do the right thing.

Satan lied all the way.

I have reasoned along your line too but for verse 20 to say man must not eat from the tree and live forever seems there is something in the tree that could have actually made them live forever.... To add to that, two cherubs were posted to guard the tree.

As for the other parts of "your eyes will be opened", know good and evil", be like God", i don't think verse 20 denied it in the context it was used
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by chieveboy(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2016
It's of interest that God 'condemned' man for seeking knowledge,

In another page, he seem to scoff at how "his people suffer for lack of knowledge"

1 Like

Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Sleekydee(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2016
Millz404:
I was reading the bible last time and verses in Genesis got me a little bit confused. It is said that the devil deceived eve. My question is, did the devil lie in all that he said? Below are the two bible verses

GENESIS 3:1-5: Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

GENESIS 3:22: The LORD God said, "Since man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil, he must not reach out, take from the tree of life, eat, and live forever."

OP, allow MI to blow ur mind, The falling of Adam n Eve in d garden had not to do with "fruit" it was the original sin which is "Sex"......yup, u heard MI right. it was sex!!! and I hv some evidence in d bible to back MI point.....if u are genuinely interested n would like me yo continue, oya say so...
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Millz404(m): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Sleekydee:

OP, allow MI to blow ur mind, The falling of Adam n Eve in d garden had not to do with "fruit" it was the original sin which is "Sex"......yup, u heard MI right. it was sex!!! and I hv some evidence in d bible to back MI point.....if u are genuinely interested n would like me yo continue, oya say so...

grin you are funny... Verse 24 said two cherubs were posted to guard the tree adam n eve ate from. Going by your claim, what exactly were they guarding

1 Like

Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Sleekydee(m): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2016
Millz404:

grin you are funny... Verse 24 said two cherubs were posted to guard the tree adam n eve ate from. Going by your claim, what exactly were they guarding

Gen 2 vs 15

The LORD God took the man and put him in the
Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And
the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to
eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not
eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for
when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

God told man not to eat from d fruit of the tree of knowledge,

Gen 3 vs 24
And the LORD God
said, “The man has now become like one of us,
knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to
reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life
and eat, and live forever.”

its the tree of life the angels were guarding, if u read closely, God saying the tree Shud b protected since man has eating from d knowledge tree. he mite just decide to eat from the tree of life.....conclusion: These are Two Trees
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Millz404(m): 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
Sleekydee:

Gen 2 vs 15

The LORD God took the man and put him in the
Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And
the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to
eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not
eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for
when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

God told man not to eat from d fruit of the tree of knowledge,

Gen 3 vs 24
And the LORD God
said, “The man has now become like one of us,
knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to
reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life
and eat, and live forever.”

its the tree of life the angels were guarding, if u read closely, God saying the tree Shud b protected since man has eating from d knowledge tree. he mite just decide to eat from the tree of life.....conclusion: These are Two Trees

That does not support your claim and you haven't said exactly how it is sex
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Sleekydee(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
Millz404:

the first thing Adam n eve realized was that dey were naked!!!

check out the curses God placed on both them and The serpent

Serpent
1. “Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity 15
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers; [ a]
he will crush your head, [ b]
and you will strike his heel.
do u note something? there will be offsprings, and dere will b enemity, more also, serpent was an upright creature, it was after the curse he started crawling[b\][b]
Millz404:

Serpent
and all wild animals!
and you will eat dust
And I will put enmity 15
[b] do u note something? there will be offsprings, and dere will b enemity, more also, serpent was an upright creature, it was after the curse he started crawling[b\]
Millz404:

Serpent
and all wild animals!
and you will eat dust
And I will put enmity 15
do u note something? there will be offsprings, and dere will b enemity, more also, serpent was an upright creature, it was after the curse he started crawling
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by sorextee(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
I just have this conviction that the whole Genesis story (story of creation) is a myth..
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Sleekydee(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
Eve:
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”
Note once agn, this curse is centered around child bearing
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by sorextee(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
When a story has two versions, it becomes a lie..

chieveboy:
It's of interest that God 'condemned' man for seeking knowledge,

In another page, he seem to scoff at how "his people suffer for lack of knowledge"
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Sleekydee(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
Adam
Adam's curse ws centered around hardwork an all, but Gen 3 vs 20 says
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
A mother!!! perhaps she was already carrying a child
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by DeSepiero(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
The devil told Eve the truth by letting her know that she'd "be like God knowing good and evil". God later confirmed and said " man has come to be like us knowing good and evil". Infact, God rather hid that truth from Adam and Eve by not telling them that they'll be like him but instead that they'll die. So he's as guilty as Satan. undecided
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by analice107: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
Sleekydee:

Are you serious? Wow... Wonderfulll.

So you mean God created Adam and Eve and told them to be Fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth without having sex? How were they suppose to reproduce? hahahahahahahahaa. And you have convinced yourself to be right oo
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Oo
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
No offense but you need a new brain.
Sleekydee:
Adam

Adam's curse ws centered around hardwork an all, but Gen 3 vs 20 says

Adam named his wife Eve, because she would
become the mother of all the living.

A mother!!! perhaps she was already carrying a child
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by analice107: 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
sorextee:
I just have this conviction that the whole Genesis story (story of creation) is a myth..
And your conviction stems from what?
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Millz404(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Sleekydee:
Eve:

“I will make your pains in childbearing very
severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to
children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

Note once agn, this curse is centered around child bearing

You are confused in your own explanation... Calm down calm down.... Der are many verses that does not support all you have said so far
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by AreaFada2: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2016
I think we humans are just there believing we understand the Bible. We largely don't. Much of the Bible is not literally what it seems.

Even invoking holy spirit from here to Nagasaki will hardly change it. Instead let's just live a simple life devoid of hate & acrimony, be at peace with oneself & the world around us.
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Millz404(m): 7:04am On Oct 09, 2016
AreaFada2:
I think we humans are just there believing we understand the Bible. We largely don't. Much of the Bible is not literally what it seems.

Even invoking holy spirit from here to Nagasaki will hardly change it. Instead let's just live a simple life devoid of hate & acrimony, be at peace with oneself & the world around us.

So you think the eden account isn't real
Re: Did Satan Lie To Eve In The Garden Of Eden? by Brizzy404: 7:09am On Oct 09, 2016
Lalatislala please help us move to fp... I will like to find ansa to dis particular question

(1) (Reply)

No! Pastor Adeboye, Your Approach Is Wrong… Peniel Plus / A Question On Prayer / If God Should Give You An Opportunity To Ask Him A Questions,what Will You Ask?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.