Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

My Dishertening Trip From Enugu To Awka Took 4 Hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Dishertening Trip From Enugu To Awka Took 4 Hours (1158 Views)

South East Governors Meet In Enugu, To Meet Buhari For Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / Obiano Boarding A Commerical Arik Flight From Enugu To Abuja (pics / Arase In Enugu To Commission The Police Post Retirement Housing Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dishertening Trip From Enugu To Awka Took 4 Hours by oblo(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
For anyone familiar with this route in recent days he/she would relate to this every day for a trip that should take 30-40 minutes.

I left Onitsha on friday at exactly 3.05 pm enroute Enugu. The trip from the start was not too much hassle even though we had to bypass umunya via the FEDERAL express way die to very bad sections of the road.

We go to Awka and that was where the real deal started.

Due to the bad condition of the express way motorist, as far back as I can remember had resorted to passing the old Enugu awka road rehabilitated by the immediate past Governor. Infact if not for that road we would have been in worse conditions from way back.

Due to the heavy traffic and use by all and sundry coming from all angles of Nigeria the old road too had given way as well.

Very bad sections cause untold hardship and serious holdups. Sunken and fallen vehicles as well compound the whole situation.

Drivers have to navigate narrow village paths and bushes to by pass these bottlenecks despite that it still took us 4 hours from Awka to Enugu. This has been going on for close to a month now.

What is really going on?? Cant the governors in the south come together and push for this road to be fixed?

Or they do not know its this bad?

Putting the blame on recession in the country is not an excuse to fulfil the basics owed the masses. After all we voted you in power.

How long do we have to go through all this untold hardships? The country is hard enough already as it is.

Of course youths of these communities we had to pass through to make way had set up plenty tolls along the route collecting money from commuters.

My people same goes for other road as well too many to mention in the west,south,north and eastern parts of the country.

Are we the masses asking for too much for things as crucial to development like good roads?
angry

Re: My Dishertening Trip From Enugu To Awka Took 4 Hours by henrygale(m): 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
I had same experience passing through that road to enugu from the southwest about 3wks ago and I kept wondering if there's govt's presence in that region.
My car is yet to recover from what that road caused it.....broken bumper and bad shocks and linkages.
I can even remember the portion u snapped.....we had to leave d road after trying to by-pass a bad portion of the main express all to get to the supposed by-passing route to meet something worse where u have to leave the road, pass over d drainage to the other side all in a bid to avoid a segment of the road that has been cut into two by erosion.
I guess it has now gotten worse dat u had to spend 4hrs from awka coz I think I spent about 2hrs. But seeing the state of that road, I knew it's only in a matter of weeks that it would get worse.
I hope the relevant authorities will see ds and get to work to ease the pain of citizens plying the road on a daily basis.
God help and bless Nigeria.
Re: My Dishertening Trip From Enugu To Awka Took 4 Hours by hisgrace090: 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
My people fail to notice all this road in time past in order not to portray gej in bad light.
We see it now because a stranger is in power. To me its almost late.

4 Likes

Re: My Dishertening Trip From Enugu To Awka Took 4 Hours by Abagworo(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Blame people like Doug07034780891 and his cohorts that spent more time attacking other Southeastern States than call the attention of Jonathan to the roads. Anybody that called Jonathan's attention was declared an enemy. Example Amaechi for East/West Road https://www.nairaland.com/1167814/amaechi-niger-delta-minister-fight and Okorocha for Owerri/PH Road https://www.nairaland.com/1898587/jonathan-port-harcourt-owerri-express-road

3 Likes

Re: My Dishertening Trip From Enugu To Awka Took 4 Hours by Doug07034780891(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hopeless frustrated jobless old man what has okoroawusa done about the worst road in southern Nigeria which is the Owerri section of the road that leads to Rivers as shown below? The worst but your okoroawusa haven't done anything while mainly poor Imolites are suffering everyday on that road.

Now Okoroawusa has no GEJ to blame and can't still stand up to his fellow part man- Buhari. Go and weep for your worthless state. Useless people..

[s]
Abagworo:
Blame people like Doug07034780891 and his cohorts that spent more time attacking other Southeastern States than call the attention of Jonathan to the roads. Anybody that called Jonathan's attention was declared an enemy. Example Amaechi for East/West Road https://www.nairaland.com/1167814/amaechi-niger-delta-minister-fight and Okorocha for Owerri/PH Road https://www.nairaland.com/1898587/jonathan-port-harcourt-owerri-express-road
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

I Wonder What Aisha Buhari And Her Daughters Were Doing On This Live TV / Opinion: How Buhari's Incompetence Drove The Economy Into Recession / Senator Jibrin Exposes Legislators On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.