Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (4891 Views)

Poll: Should Amodu Shaibu Be Sacked As Super Eagles Coach?

Yes: 79% (96 votes)
No: 20% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 13, 2009
that man has nothing to offer. he should have been sacked several months ago! angry
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by OnlineGuru(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
100000000% YESSSSSSSSss
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by dipo4(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2009
honestly, an holistic view of that man gives you a rather troubling impression of someone who is longing for consolation from wherever. He is so demoralised that you 'the onlooker may even loose your joy just by gazing. How then do we expect such a lumpsack to give results. i don't see what he's done other than bench warm and just look on for his mama's 'juju' to bring him luck. c'mon, sack the 'bag-gar'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by gbolalekan(m): 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2009
amodu should resign all by himself if he really want to show Nigerians that he is OK. He's fallen short of all expectations and must GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. the guy lacks basic ideas of coaching embarassed. Whats he even doing there in the first place, angry angry
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by rozu4luv(m): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2009
how many times are we to go over this same issue it is clear that some of the players don't give in there best to the game why truoble our mind with their business. For me any player or the coach which is not performing should be drouped. many player full ground they wait
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by micokem: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2009
no he shouldn't b sacked.the football body should go back to their drawing board.the problem is nt amoudu but the OGA'. angryS WHO JUST DO THINGS THEIR OWN WAY WITOUT CONSIDERING THE OTHER PARTY
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by micokem: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
If he is sacked who takes over then.its the governing body that is corrupt.lets encourage him.he has a lot to deliver.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by sultan003(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2009
http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11628

"Nigeria were tactically naive. The team has been playing the same style since we drew the first game in Maputo. We knew we could hold our own in Abuja, but we did not expect to get as many opportunities to score as we had."

HE SHOULD BE SACKKKKKKED
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by sley4life(m): 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2009
He should be flogged,sacked and jailed for taking us bakward
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by asanga(m): 12:05am On Oct 15, 2009
Amodu should be sacked and replaced immediately by a Bruno Metsu then Westerhof as a consultant?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 9:10am On Oct 15, 2009
sley4life:

Amodu not loosing any match doesnt make him a good coach. Do your maths again. 1draw=1pt. Amodu has drawn 3 match= 3points. If i win 2 matches and loose 1=6points would u then consider Amodu better than me. U can draw all matches and not go anywhere and a coach that wins 2 matches and loose the rest have better point than u. Check your facts

sley4life:

Ghana's coach have lost 1 match but have qualified. Ghana have better points than us. Would u then say Amodu not lost any(drawn matches) is better than Ghana coach. Amodu cant give what he doesnt have. Its like telling js1 student to write jamb

My friend, I am not saying Amodu is a good coach just because he has not lost a match. I am saying he is a good coach because he has not lost a match and his previous history is good.

I can't fault his team selection and if he had won Tunisia 2-1, then he would have been a hero. In the Tunisia match, the football played in the second half was the best attacking football I have seen from SE since 2001. They were on track until the slowpoke Taye Taiwo cost us the WC.

I am not seeing the problem of SE as Amodu, I am seeing it as lack of a creative player (and none exists that can be invited) AND the mentality of the players.

A team that can go and beat France in France but can not beat Tunisia or Mozambique in Nigeria. What does that tell you?

They played their heart out against France but will be doing big man, mo ti lo waju, football against Mozambique (not chasing the ball or marking closely because they think these as "small boys"wink.

There is not much the coach can do once they are on the pitch. TT has been caused by someone in his family and needs salvation in one of the places on Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

The fool cost us the WC, not Amodu. Amodu did his bit from the attacking football I saw. All he can do is remove the uncommitted waste in the next match.

The only time I saw him lacking was vs Tunisia away, which was an appalling match tactically. TT cost us the WC.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by naso2(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
@sagamite

I hold you in high regard in this forum. But I must confess you are WRONG as touching Amodu. I responded to your claims on Amodu earlier, you may want to look at my response.

I simply do not know where to start addressing this your recent post as there are contradictions everywhere. AMODU MUST GO.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
na_so:

@sagamite

I hold you in high regard in this forum. But I must confess you are WRONG as touching Amodu. I responded to your claims on Amodu earlier, you may want to look at my response.

I simply do not know where to start addressing this your recent post as there are contradictions everywhere. AMODU MUST GO.

Look, I do understand where you are coming from.

I understand why you feel Amodu must go.

I understand I am putting my reputation very much on the line backing Amodu as it is very very easy to justify his going.

But there are times I am not afraid of taking a very, very unpopular view.

I might not be very clear, but I do have my own reasons why Amodu must go. The primary one is:

If you are going to draw with Mozambique in the first game, then you need to win Tunisia in at least one of the games to show you are a coach worthy of taking a team to the WC.

But on the counter, I have to balance my view with some other facts I am seeing on the ground:

a) Amodu is calling up our BEST players, selecting the right team (yes, I believe Olofinjana is a solid contributor to the team), right formations and making the right substitutions but yet we struggle with Tunisia. Then it begs the question are our players really that good? We have no real superstar (e.g. someone that is a key player or star for a super club like RM, Barca, Man U) to carry us when chips are down (Etoo, Drogba, Essien etc).

b) We have no creative player, hence we hold the ball well but can't do much with it. Without one existing (and there is none!), Amodu cannot manufacture one.

c) OK, we have no creative player, then we need a team that can pass and move to generate goal scoring chances. Unfortunately, an average Nigerian players mentality is fuucked up. Bigmanism on the pitch. Fact: It is Amodu's job to deal with this. At the early stages, all the coach can do is to give instructions before a match, once they are on the pitch there is little he can do except make substitutions (and that in itself is limited to 3). Hence, all he can do is make changes in the next game, which I have seen him do recently.

In the first few games, I would not blame him that much for not seeing much of the problem as they were winning impressively and not conceding. Now I think he is seeing it late (just like me) and he is trying to do something about it, hence "bad game and dropped" for Adefemi, Adeleye, TT, Obasi, Kalu Uche.

So I am thinking does he just need more time because if we change him, these guys will still be the same like they were under Vogts and Eguavon. But I trust Amodu's stubborness more than any other.

Moreover, I am not for Local Coaches but it is clearly obvious the NFF can not afford a foreign one of repute. The only Local coaches I trust are:

1) Samson Siasia
2) Stephen Keshi
3) Amodu Shuaibu
4) Kadiri Ikhana

In that order.

I think it would be had to change to the top 2 now.

To me, it is not that clear. I won't be pissed if they sack him but I wouldn't be optimistic about progress except you get some highly reputable foreign coach. I think Amodu can still do the same thing, or even better, any other non-World class coach can do with these bunch of players.

I liked what we played in the last 20mins against Tunisia, it was total attacking football, it is a big shame TT spoilt it. If not, Amodu would have been a big hero. I feel sorry for him in that respect.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by omodada1: 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
that has bin d policy, employ and sack. well i support maybe on day i will also hav d opportunity to suck NFA not with straw but wit , let me wait till my appointment. truli, we need God to run tins. i love nija shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by naso2(m): 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2009
@sagamite

My friend, I am not saying Amodu is a good coach just because he has not lost a match. I am saying he is a good coach because he has not lost a match and his previous history is good.

I hope you know if we draw our next match against Kenya and Tunisia loses , our  world cup hopes would have gone up in flames  even with Amodu’s unbeaten record. We have simply played badly even for the matches we won under Amodu. Even Eguavon was not this bad.

I can't fault his team selection and if he had won Tunisia 2-1, then he would have been a hero. In the Tunisia match, the football played in the second half was the best attacking football I have seen from SE since 2001. They were on track until the slowpoke Taye Taiwo cost us the WC.

Wrong. May be you need to get the post-match briefing of Amodu where, he said we were lucky to have had a draw in that match, because we were once saved by the post and Tunisia had a clear penalty that was not given. Was it not in the second half where Eyeama and the entire defense line was rounded except that Tunisia could not find the net? Was it not in the Second half that Adeleye almost scored an own goal under constant pressure from the Tunisian attackers? I don’t seem to understand you but if both team took their chances Nigeria would have lost clearly.

I am not seeing the problem of SE as Amodu, I am seeing it as lack of a creative player (and none exists that can be invited) AND the mentality of the players.

What creative player? How many good  teams in the world have creative players in the mould of okocha? Who is the creative player for Ghana? So of all the players in the local league Amodu cant find a creative player assuming that really is his problem? Who was the creative player for Siasia’s Olympic 2008 team?.
On mentality , Amodu has simply lost the respect of the players because his presence makes no difference technically. A coach is supposed to bring the boys up to speed mentally before any match, and if there are players that constantly fall short, he is supposed to show them the door.
There a times a coach will engage the services of seasoned psychologists to bring the mentality of the team. But first he must recognize the where the problem in his team lies.

Our problem is tactical/technical naivety which has come with its attendant side effects.

A team that can go and beat France in France but can not beat Tunisia or Mozambique in Nigeria. What does that tell you?

It tells  me that the France’s match was simply a fluke. SIMPLE.

They played their heart out against France but will be doing big man, mo ti lo waju, football against Mozambique (not chasing the ball or marking closely because they think these as "small boys"wink.

So if a team plays with its life in a friendly and gets unserious in a in a wc qualifier I should be blamed? The team was so unserious even 5 minutes to the end of the Mozambique match which would have handed Tunisia the WC ticket automatically.

There is not much the coach can do once they are on the pitch. TT has been caused by someone in his family and needs salvation in one of the places on Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

For how many matches will a coach remain helpless?

The fool cost us the WC, not Amodu. Amodu did his bit from the attacking football I saw. All he can do is remove the uncommitted waste in the next match.

Ok. It was Amodu that scored the Osaze and Eneramo goals but was  not responsible for the TT flop. I laugh in arabic. My friend it is a team game with a fair share of assets and liabilities. Watch that match again and you will see that the Tunisian attackers were always catching our defense line napping , while they(Tunisia) simply owned Ike uche. What does that say to you? superior technical approach by the Tunisians.

The only time I saw him lacking was vs Tunisia away, which was an appalling match tactically. TT cost us the WC.
Tactically,that was even one of the matches that Amodu was average. At least he starved Tunisia of scoring chances.  Can you compare that to the match against Mozambique in Maputo? Or against Serra leone in freetown? AMODU MUST GO.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2009
that guy is a loser. he should go.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by vislabraye(m): 12:08am On Oct 16, 2009
I really don't understand why a country like Nigeria can't hire a "GOOD" foreign coach. At least i would rate Ahmodu ahead of Beti Vogts and Christian Chukwu. If people say Ahmodu is demoralized, what about CC ?

Part of Amadu's problem was luck. Don't 4get Tunisia is a very strong side. Apart from that, some of the SE players especially Taye Taiwo were stupid, careless and non chalant. I had been noticing that Taye taiwo would not pass on time when he had the opportunity to. He especially was playing to the gallary. The mid-fielders did not mark, when they lost the ball they were to heavy to chase. Finally the equalizing goal came from Taye Taiwo wing. Y didn't he simply close up to that guy that scored

The SE are not yet ready for the WC. The foolish players ( except a few) have let the country down. I want to give credit to Amodu for that game because he made the right sub that led to the goal. If not for the careless attitude of the players, we would have been singing a different song. There's a very thin line between "Triumph and Disaster".
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2009
if luck was all that mattered in football, then countries like brazil must be one very lucky country!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 16, 2009
Asking the question "Should Amodu Shaibu be sacked?" is the same thing as asking "Is the Pope Catholic?"
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:19am On Oct 16, 2009
meaning what?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2009
Meaning a BIG "YES"
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by sylve11: 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2009
na_so:

@sagamite
I hope you know if we draw our next match against Kenya and Tunisia loses , our world cup hopes would have gone up in flames even with Amodu’s unbeaten record. We have simply played badly even for the matches we won under Amodu. Even Eguavon was not this bad.

Wrong. May be you need to get the post-match briefing of Amodu where, he said we were lucky to have had a draw in that match, because we were once saved by the post and Tunisia had a clear penalty that was not given. Was it not in the second half where Eyeama and the entire defense line was rounded except that Tunisia could not find the net? Was it not in the Second half that Adeleye almost scored an own goal under constant pressure from the Tunisian attackers? I don’t seem to understand you but if both team took their chances Nigeria would have lost clearly.

What creative player? How many good teams in the world have creative players in the mould of okocha? Who is the creative player for Ghana? So of all the players in the local league Amodu cant find a creative player assuming that really is his problem? Who was the creative player for Siasia’s Olympic 2008 team?.
On mentality , Amodu has simply lost the respect of the players because his presence makes no difference technically. A coach is supposed to bring the boys up to speed mentally before any match, and if there are players that constantly fall short, he is supposed to show them the door.
There a times a coach will engage the services of seasoned psychologists to bring the mentality of the team. But first he must recognize the where the problem in his team lies.

Our problem is tactical/technical naivety which has come with its attendant side effects.

It tells me that the France’s match was simply a fluke. SIMPLE.

So if a team plays with its life in a friendly and gets unserious in a in a wc qualifier I should be blamed? The team was so unserious even 5 minutes to the end of the Mozambique match which would have handed Tunisia the WC ticket automatically.

For how many matches will a coach remain helpless?

Ok. It was Amodu that scored the Osaze and Eneramo goals but was not responsible for the TT flop. I laugh in arabic. My friend it is a team game with a fair share of assets and liabilities. Watch that match again and you will see that the Tunisian attackers were always catching our defense line napping , while they(Tunisia) simply owned Ike uche. What does that say to you? superior technical approach by the Tunisians.

Tactically,that was even one of the matches that Amodu was average. At least he starved Tunisia of scoring chances. Can you compare that to the match against Mozambique in Maputo? Or against Serra leone in freetown? AMODU MUST GO.

Well said! kiss cool
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
jabbok:

Meaning a BIG "YES"

i see. thought you were saying otherwise
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by badman(m): 12:02am On Oct 17, 2009
y sack him now? even if he is sacked, next 3or 4 yrs they ll bring him back or is this not the same amodu that was sacked 2 or 3 times ago
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2009
in that case, they should sack and ban him for life! grin
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2009
Not only should Amodu be sacked,He along with his cronies in the glass house should be Commuted to life imprisonment should we fail to qualify for the world cup.We Nigerians are sick and tired of coaches and Administrators who know next to nothing about football.All of them should be handed over to the EFCC-Imagine,nothing will ever be heard about the $250,000 scandal!!! angry
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by MrCrackles(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2009
Topic
He should be bombed into extinction!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikennahill: 11:07am On Oct 18, 2009
yes.the answer is glaring for everybody to see,but they will never sack him,because he is the only coach that understand NFF,how? if his take home pay is officially 2million per month , NFF will be taking 1million .he is willing to do so,so he sign 2m but take 1m .why NFF go sack am.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
the truth is that our players are not commited to their national duties.check the likes of ghana,ivory coast etc.they can beat any african country even without a coach.so those that are of the view that amodu should be sacked,i really disagree with them all.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2009
so, corrruption reigns then?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by vislabraye(m): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2009
If they like, let him remain as head coach abi? Where are all our sports analysts clamoring for indeginous coach. First it was Onigbinde who they hyped as FIFA this , FIFA that. Christian Chukwu came along and they said he is the Messiah.
Let every Nigerian Coach the super Eagles since they all want a home based coach. Nonsence
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2009
i'm sure a foreigner will not 'share' his jackpot with them grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Days Rollovers To Get 40k / Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? / What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.