Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (4892 Views)

Poll: Should Amodu Shaibu Be Sacked As Super Eagles Coach?

Yes: 79% (96 votes)
No: 20% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2009
A man that is bold enough to tell a whole country to Bleep off during an emotional period is a yesman? Blind accusations and arguments.

The guy has BALLS!

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11557

[size=14pt]‘Genuine fans will support Eagles’[/size]

Posted: 2009-10-09 17:47

Defiant Super Eagles coach Shuaibu Amodu insists that 'genuine fans' will come out on Sunday to cheer and continue to support the team despite their present situation, and said that those who do not come out are not wanted anyway.

An immediate rash of venom-pouring expectedly followed last month's 2-2 draw against Tunisia, which seriously compromised Nigeria's chances of appearing at the 2010 World Cup.

Since then, however, apathy has crept in, with many fans expressing indifference at the team, and a large number prepared to stage a sit at home protest. Amodu says the reaction is no surprise, and hit back at the fair-weather fans.

“I expected that. A good number of Nigerians pretend to know the game and support the game, but they don’t know it,” he fired back. As it is, those who will come to the stadium that day will be our genuine supporters, those who know and love football, and those are the people we want.”

As he warmed to his theme, Amodu went even further, accusing the populace of taking out their frustrations in the country's other failing sectors on the national football team.

“Nobody should extend the disappointment in the fortunes of this country on us in football. Our teams have been playing games all over the world. That football has been played here and there means that we have been the ones carrying the banner of Nigeria all over the world.

“We don’t want to face it, but I am saying it today. The only thing that is representing Nigeria all over the world is football. The only thing we are selling to the world right now is football. And anybody who does not care about the fact that we are doing our utmost best to represent this country does not appreciate it.

“They should ask questions of other organs of this country what they are doing. Why is it only football? Nobody should take the problems of Nigeria and put it on football. In football, like other sports, you cannot get all your results overnight. Along the line you will have disappointing results, and you will also have good ones.

“That is the nature of sport. You will win some, you will lose some and you will draw some.

“This attitude of win at all cost is what we have carried into our political life. That is why when a politician loses an election, he claims it was rigged, and goes to the tribunal. But if he wins, the election was good. Then we keep on fighting ourselves everyday rather than move a step forward.”

Amodu rounded off his fiery tirade with an unflustered look at his immediate future as Eagles boss.

“I have played uncountable matches in my life; I cannot come here and be worried about the consequences of any match. We can only do the best we can and leave the rest to God.

“It is a responsibility for us all, and we are plying our own part. We will leave and other people will come in and play their own part. I think we have done so far so good.”
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by mikeoscar: 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2009
He should be sacked! The big boyz do not respect and listen to him.

So far this has not been his complain. His complain has been that we Nigerians are too impatient.

On the question i voted for him to stay and complete his job so that we don't have problems with the NFF bureaucracy of taking forever to source a coach WHEN we eventually qualify.

Question to all is, Is it not possible to draft Westerhoff from Ilorin to assist Amodu as consultant, tactician or confidence booster or something??

Anyone please.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by nas00(m): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2009
No doubt, Amodu should be sacked. angry The guy no dey make sense at all. E com be like say all im past achievements na fluke. undecided

, but let me sound a note of warning:

Our Yoruba elders say "a child that is well-bred requires only half a statement, he figures out the intended meaning on his own"

The mentality of nigerian footballers also has to be worked upon. They should realise they are not doing our dear country a favour by donning her colours, rather it's a rare opportunity- a call to serve nigeria in their own capacity, however little. As such, they should play with good composure and defend our glory 'n honour with d last drop of their blood everytime they are called upon. This should always be the team spirit!

The truth is that nigerian players are individually good, but the lack of the sort of motivation i speak of here is what is gradually dragging SE, FE, GE et al into the mud.

Unfortunately, what we see these days in nigerian football is 'big-boyism' (e.g, which is killing Mikel), 'showmanship' (which killed Haruna), lack of co-ordination (baa set pieces) amongst other fk-ups like their embarrasing lackadaisical attitude, worse after scoring goals (we all know what this has costed us lately).

In all, what we need to make d change we all want is not only a coach WEY GET SENSE, but also boys dat are well motivated, disciplined in all its sense and of course, BOYS WEY GET SENSE AND DEM DEY USE AM RIGHT.

I rest my case.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2009
^^^^ I think that is what Amodu is trying to do now.

If you play badly, you are excluded from the team. This would help with mentality which I see as the biggest block at the moment (NOT NFF and NOT AMODU).

He dropped TT, Adeleye, Adefemi and Kalu Uche for this match as a lesson.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by spikytang(m): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2009
I support him being kicked off the scene but come to think of it Nothing is working in Nigeria, Can we blame him totally
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Olong(m): 1:18am On Oct 12, 2009
Sacking d jerk wil compound our problems.for one,the shitheads at FA wil use the opportunity of finding his replacement to further milk us through their usual kick backs!amodu should drag his cart of no-gooders 2 finish line!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by tolk2tboy: 1:30am On Oct 12, 2009
Sackin Amodu wont solve our prob. but d point is, even if d coach is nt good, d playerz dnt av zeal for acheivement non of those players have won anythin in africa(except KANU), over 90% av never played in the world cup despite all this their shortcomings(they claim 2 b a world class playerz) they stil play as if they just had a misccarriage. I suggest that the coachin team, the playerz and NFF officials 2 b put in jail for 2weeks.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by OAM4J: 1:44am On Oct 12, 2009
Yes, but not now.

He has done his best, but if his best does nor qualify us for the world cup, then he has fail in the mandate giving to him.

I have no problem with him as I am not a Football expert, but in this game, if you win- you take the credit, if-you loose you take the boot. It the same everywhere all over the world. All we want is result, not theory of why we loss.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Mudley313: 4:40am On Oct 12, 2009
The Tunisia one in Abuja, I could not fault Amodu. He did everything I would have done to the letter. I blame the "handsome" foolish bloke called Taye Taiwo. I don't want to see that guy in the SE for the next one year except he is playing left midfield. The fool has cost us a WC.

heaping the entire blame on just one player-taye taiwo-is following the same pattern of people blaming everything on amodu, after the devasting experience of not qualifying for the last world cup, we thot we had learnt our lesson, but no, we could not beat ordinary mozambique in our first game; we had the chance to defeat tunisia at home but we seemed content wit settling for a draw, n then dat f, ked up 2-2 draw in abuja, the blame should be shared by:

NFF for employing dat okpolo eye of a coach in the first place

Amodu for not knowing his left from his right

and then, apart from osaze,

the superless chickens of niger republic
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by emiwanlee(m): 4:44am On Oct 12, 2009
Rubbish;What type of question is this?you people should no longer answer such type of question on NL
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Okaakoko(m): 4:50am On Oct 12, 2009
let him go, before he completely breaks our hearth
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by surveyProf(m): 6:56am On Oct 12, 2009
No. The players should be sacked,
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 7:07am On Oct 12, 2009
@mudley313

The thing there is that this is not the first time this thing on lack of concentration would happen with TT. He has cost us an important match before, now he has done it for the WC again after the team worked so hard and well for the second goal against Tunisia.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Ben13: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2009
Amodu recently said Nigerians don't know football. That's an insult to our personalities.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by harpo(m): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2009
We need a coach that will stamp his authority to his players and the NFA, and as we can see Amodu cant do any of those, please he should be releaved of his job. SACK AMODU
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by okeey(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2009
at this point,let see what he will achieve at the world cup
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by defor(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2009
YES n NOW!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by otukpo(f): 9:09am On Oct 12, 2009
I think the team needs a foreign coach
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by mrofficial(m): 9:18am On Oct 12, 2009
mike oscar:

So far this has not been his complain. His complain has been that we Nigerians are too impatient.

On the question i voted for him to stay and complete his job so that we don't have problems with the NFF bureaucracy of taking forever to source a coach WHEN we eventually qualify.

Question to all is, Is it not possible to draft Westerhoff from Ilorin to assist Amodu as consultant, tactician or confidence booster or something??

Anyone please.

Mr man, u don't seem to comprehend.

Read the following quote.

harpo:

We need a coach that will stamp his authority to his players and the NFA, and as we can see Amodu cant do any of those, please he should be releaved of his job. SACK AMODU

Not just stamp authority, remove the rookies and stubborn headed ones!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by omar22(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2009
Stop chatting rubbish! Yesman to who? Where have ever seen Amodu being a yesman. The man does not take rubbish, evident when he was sacked from taking us to ANC.

Stop throwing blind accusations.

What did you expect him to do? Ask for special permission to use 5 substitutes? OR you did not know Olofinjana is also an Attacking midfielder?

People that know nothing about football all want to be experts.

You sound like someone who grew up on cow milk,  Yes Amodu is a "YES MAN" actually he is a "hand puppet! Amodu could dismiss the fans because they didnt put him there in his role. Tell me why would they bring back a man who has failed twice in the past? why dont you engage your brain first before you sprout rubbish,

Olofinjana attacking midfielder!!! wow!!! clap for yourself!!! being an attacking Midfielder is difference from a holding player trying to attack. Get your facts right. You could defend "coco the clown" as long as you want,  to me the Nigerian National team is not a job for the likes of Amodu,  may be the Somalian U21 team if hes lucky
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by otokx(m): 9:35am On Oct 12, 2009
Not yet
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by xtremeidea(m): 9:37am On Oct 12, 2009
capital YES!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 9:48am On Oct 12, 2009
omar22:

You sound like someone who grew up on cow milk, Yes Amodu is a "YES MAN" actually he is a "hand puppet! Amodu could dismiss the fans because they didnt put him there in his role. Tell me why would they bring back a man who has failed twice in the past? why dont you engage your brain first before you sprout rubbish

You keep throwing blind accusations at will, how pathetic. So because he has been brought back, that is your proof he is a yesman. That is your logic level?

He failed? He failed by rescuing us from Bonfrere's disastrous start to qualify for the WC? Can you stop talking from your arse?

omar22:

Olofinjana attacking midfielder!!! wow!!! clap for yourself!!! being an attacking Midfielder is difference from a holding player trying to attack. Get your facts right. You could defend "coco the clown" as long as you want, to me the Nigerian National team is not a job for the likes of Amodu, may be the Somalian U21 team if hes lucky

So I take it you do not know that Olofinjanas normal position in Wolves, Stoke City and Hull is mostly offensive midfield and, secondarily, central midfield?

If you know nothing about football, stop commenting on it. Just read comments.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2009
Ofcourse he should be sacked but should finish his mess first cos nobody would love to inherit his mess.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by zenus(m): 9:57am On Oct 12, 2009
for now we don't have Coach Super Eagles
for Amodu to be there is like not being there
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by William108(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2009
Nigeria football will continue to Nose-Dive until we stop playing Politics with it. U no see the stadium yesterday? People have totally lost confidence in them. I personally do not want them to qualify for the World Cup. Sey na this rubbish dem go play with the likes of England, Brazil, Argentina,Holland,etc. The only player i feel pity for is Osaze, cos the guy is too good to be in such a Failure Team like the GREEN EAGLES
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by naso2(m): 10:03am On Oct 12, 2009
Sagamite:

In the currrent ongoing qualifiers, Nigeria is one of the few countries WORLDWIDE (less than 10) yet to lose a SINGLE match. Even brazil have lost 1 and drawn 6.

We drew with Mozambique and drew twice with Tunisia (the only 3 games we have not won in 11 matches) that is why we are in this unfortunate predicament. Even in the first 5 games, we did not concede a single goal and banged in loads. Out of 11 games, we have only conceded 3 goals.

I am not saying Amodu is a World class coach but I definitely do not see him as a horrible coach.

I did not watch the first match against Mozambique so I don't know who to blame.

The one in Tunis, showed lack of tactical nuances which I would blame Amodu for. That said even Alex Ferguson have off days.

The Tunisia one in Abuja, I could not fault Amodu. He did everything I would have done to the letter. I blame the "handsome" foolish bloke called Taye Taiwo. I don't want to see that guy in the SE for the next one year except he is playing left midfield. The fool has cost us a WC.

Yes Amodu has not lost any match, but considering the strength of the teams in the first round and this second round can you mention just one match that this Amodu's team has played well? In this WC qualifying series we have played 11 matches under Amodu just mention 1 match.

You said the one in Tunis showed lack of tactical nuances which you blame Amodu for. Infact that match as poor as it was is still one of Amodu's best matches. Did you watch the match against SA ?

Yes even great  coaches have off days so do poor coaches occasionaly have great outings. Amodu is neither here nor there.
He is a poor coach and poor all the time.

The team does not have a soul. When you play a world cup qualifying match where news would have reached  the Nigerian bench that Tunisia scored as early as the 6th minute and a Nigerian team was playing as if it was a training match ?  When it was clear that a draw would have given Tunisia  a ticket  since they would have gone 4 points clear? After the shabby showing against Tunisia in Abuja some weeks ago? ha

Aside osaze and may be Ajilore  there was no effort whatsoever from the players.

Abeg make we talk true we did not deserve to win that match and Amodu doesnt know jack. Ogunjobi almost became the coach. The few times the cameras picked amodu he was simply acting up. Nothing more.

Amodu only gets the players together , have some workout sessions and pick eleven players without any workable plan. He has once said it that the players are professionals hence should know what to do. Even the lampards,Beckhams,John Terrys of the world know they need sound technical input from a coach to do well

When Chelsea was doing badly under scolari even his favourite striker ANELKA voiced out the need for a change tactical as they seemed clueless against big teams. Guus came and chelsea defeated all the teams( Arsenal and Liverpool) that  had  disgraced them  in standford bridge, he just did not have an opportunity against Sir Alex again.

Abeg make we dey talk true. Abeg
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by tkb417(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2009
Amodu feels we dont know football hence he has the right to insult our senses by playing drab football.  yes, we dont know football, but we all know when a team is playing well, we all know the fcking difference between starting the qualifiers with Tunisia on 0-0 pt and now trailing Tunisia with 2 pts!

we all saw how insipid thier display was yesterday, we all saw how a once famous team in Africa now play like Burundi.
Yes, we dont know football, but we want him sacked and tried at the failed sports tribunal for wrong team selecetion, tactical ineptitude, and his blatant arrogance even in failure.

An extra judicial set up for sports shld be arranged and Amodu should be the first offender
he shld be tried and henceforth banned from coaching any team in this land till he refreshes his brain, his attitude and general disposition to life!!!
mthefcking bastard
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by omar22(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2009
You sound like someone who grew up on cow milk, Yes Amodu is a "YES MAN" actually he is a "hand puppet! Amodu could dismiss the fans because they didnt put him there in his role. Tell me why would they bring back a man who has failed twice in the past? why dont you engage your brain first before you sprout rubbish

You keep throwing blind accusations at will, how pathetic. So because he has been brought back, that is your proof he is a yesman. That is your logic level?

He failed? He failed by rescuing us from Bonfrere's disastrous start to qualify for the WC? Can you stop talking from your arse?

Quote from: omar22 on Today at 09:25:41 AM
Olofinjana attacking midfielder!!! wow!!! clap for yourself!!! being an attacking Midfielder is difference from a holding player trying to attack. Get your facts right. You could defend "coco the clown" as long as you want, to me the Nigerian National team is not a job for the likes of Amodu, may be the Somalian U21 team if hes lucky

So I take it you do not know that Olofinjanas normal position in Wolves, Stoke City and Hull is mostly offensive midfield and, secondarily, central midfield?

If you know nothing about football, stop commenting on it.

Well listening you is like listening to a Scratched Bonny M CD
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ugonna245(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2009
If the boys are playing well who gets the glory? Coachito of course and when the boys bleeps up whose head is supposed to go under the AXE? Coachito of course. So what else are we talking about?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by bisiaet: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2009
Please not only Amodu the NFF Chairman as to be fire I think his time as expire this is time up but the great question is who take over from Amodu?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by omar22(m): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2009
If the boys are playing well who gets the glory? Coachito of course and when the boys bleeps up whose head is supposed to go under the AXE? Coachito of course. So what else are we talking about?

SPOT ON!!!

The buck stops at the top!!!

he looks like a Nigerian version of Avram Grant!!! no spark, no motivation, no respect,

Look at when Fabio Capello took over England, he told everyone one of them that they would be dressing like school boys with tie,

Naija players would get to camp when they feel like

When Capello stand on the touchline, its like have Idi Amin watching the team with different types of guns pointing at the players,

but Amodu he looks like his is somewhere else, Osaze (God bless him) was directing instruction, its like watchin Steven Gerrard taking the game by the scruff of the neck!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? / Breaking News: Fifa Ban Nigeria / South Africa 2010: Man Of The Match Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.