Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims (5805 Views)

Why Most Terrorists Are Muslims. / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? / Unbelievable: Even In Jail, Rev King Still Controls Minds Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 2:35am On Nov 30, 2009
focused123:

@poster :

That is not true. Only 30% of Nigerians are muslims and I am looking forward to when that satanic cult will be eradicated. It is causing backwardness for Nigeria and Nigerians especially the Northern Nigerians.

I tend to agree with you by simple commonsense

97% of the SE are Christians
97% of the SS are Christians
70% of the SW are Christians
about 50% of the NC are Christians
Amongst the NE and NW which are majority Muslims,their Christians still outnumber the Muslims in the SS and SE
and we all know that the south is more populated than the north.

and Muslims convert to Christianity in droves in Nigeria

Muslims are used to peddling false figures remember that the Hausa Muslims have ruled the country for the most part and lying is a Muslim virtue.
A Muslim cleric tells us that 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity annually.

Didn't they say Kano was more populated than Lagos state?
The only people that believe the statistics of 50% Muslims are airheads
[b]a simple poll on nairaland may not be scientific but will give a fair idea[/b]For every Mosque in Nigeria  there are 200 Churches.
Those of you in the West,how many Nigerian Muslims have you come across?
Even amongst Yorubas Muslims that are the enlightened Muslims in Nigeria,how many does one come acroos in the USA or Euroipe compared to the Christians?
I'll say the ratio is 4:1
4 Christians for every one Muslim.
It's not just because the northern Muslims are largely uneducated and do not travel outside Nigeria, but because they are also less in number.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 2:49am On Nov 30, 2009
Osisi, you are biased, the southwest is dominated by the muslim, believe it or not,
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 2:55am On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Osisi, you are biased, the southwest is dominated by the muslim, believe it or not,

This forum is a typical example
How many of the Yorubas here are Muslims compared to the Christians?
The ratio is around 4:1 in favor of Christians IMHO
Unless if you say the Muslims are the poorer bunch that can't afford the internet amongst Yorubas
well that may be largely true too but doesn't take away from the fact that they are fewer and fewer and converting at an alarming rate.
A large proportion of the so called Yoruba Muslims are neither Christians nor Muslims
Like Fashola that attends Crusades  and receives holy communion   grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 2:58am On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

@topic

In your dreams

. . . take Ibadan for example.

- The loud mouthed ones are muslims.
- Yet there are more Chrisitians in Ibadan than Muslims.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 2:59am On Nov 30, 2009
@osisi

you are very correct about the conversion of muslims . . .

That is why muslims are trying to use government power to stop preaching cus there realised that muslims were leaving islam for christianity.

Muslims have gotten so desperate that some of them are now doing Sunday Muslim service just to prevent doubtful muslims from getting a chance to go to church on sunday. . .

grin grin grin grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 3:01am On Nov 30, 2009
0hsisi:

This forum is a typical example
How many of the Yorubas here are Muslims compared to the Christians?
The ratio is around 4:1  in favor of Christians IMHO
Unless if you say the Muslims are the poorer bunch that can't afford the internet amongst Yorubas
well that may be largely true too but doesn't take away from the fact that they are fewer and fewer and converting at an alarming rate.
A large proportion of the so called Yoruba Muslims are neither Christians nor Muslims
Like Fashola that attends Crusades  and receives holy communion   grin

Osisi don't mind him . . .

Very true . . . infact most of them are muslims cus they were born muslims and not cus they choose to be muslims . . .thats why it is difficult to radicalise a yoruba muslim cus most of them are very educated and hence know some of the bullshits in islam . . . but are not yet able to leave islam cus of the fact that they were born into it and hence have not been convinced yet to leave it cus their brainwashing is very deep.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 3:03am On Nov 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

@osisi

That is why muslims are trying to use government power to stop preaching cus there realised that muslims were leaving islam for christianity.

Muslims have gotten so desperate that some of them are now doing Sunday Muslim service just to prevent doubtful muslims from getting a chance to go to church on sunday. . .

grin grin grin grin

That was the fear that instituted sharia
In Kano and Kaduna massive crusades had Muslims leaving their Korans and trooping to Christ in droves that was why the banned Christianity before Islam became extinct then they threaten those who leave with death.
In Yorubaland where Muslims and Christians cohabit in peace,there are lots of Muslims who convert.
The Redeemed churches are populated by ex Muslims preachers and worshippers.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 3:06am On Nov 30, 2009
0hsisi:

It's not just because the northern Muslims are largely uneducated and do not travel outside Nigeria, but because they are also less in number.

Don't mind the northern muslims . ,  they think we do not know that Census figures are being manipulated to make it look like the population of the North is much even though its actually less . . . than that of the south . . .

It is this same population manipulation that muslims are likewise using to try to say Nigeria is 50 - 50 . . . .far from it . . .Nigeria is probably like 60% christians to 40% muslims (am even being generous).

Muslims are just lucky that chrisitians are prohibited from being violent . . . otherwise them for don hear wen . . .since the time of Mohammed . . .  grin grin grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 3:07am On Nov 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

@osisi

grin grin grin grin

I heard that too
In some cities in the USA Muslims have Sunday school for their faithfuls so that they don't attend churches out of curiosity since those who do mostly leave Islam.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 3:08am On Nov 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

Doing mind the northern muslims . , they think we do not know that Census figures are being manipulated to make it look like the population of the North is much even though its actually less . . . than that of the south . . .

It is this same population manipulation that muslims are likewise using to try to say Nigeria is 50 - 50 . . . .far from it . . .Nigeria is probably like 60% christians to 40% muslims (am even being generous).

Muslims are just lucky that chrisitians are prohibited from being violent . . . otherwise them for don hear wen . . .since the time of Mohammed . . . grin grin grin

I think it's more like 70/30.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 3:08am On Nov 30, 2009
0hsisi:

That was the fear that instituted sharia
In Kano and Kaduna massive crusades had Muslims leaving their Korans and trooping to Christ in droves that was why the banned Christianity before Islam became extinct then they threaten those who leave with death.
In Yorubaland where Muslims and Christians cohabit in peace,there are lots of Muslims who convert.
The Redeemed churches are populated by ex Muslims preachers and worshippers.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 3:10am On Nov 30, 2009
0hsisi:

I think it's more like 70/30.

aahhaaa HABA osisi . . . . grin grin grin grin . . .
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 3:12am On Nov 30, 2009
did I say it wrong?
even that pastor in London that wears an Afro was a Muslim grin
There was another pastor I read his testimony
He was a Muslim morning crier,abi wetin them dey call the early morning criers from those loudspeakers

He went in to shout allahu wakban and started shouting Jesus,Jesus and they wanted to kill him and he escaped miraculously.
He's now a pastor is Europe I think
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 3:14am On Nov 30, 2009
0hsisi:

did I say it wrong?
even that pastor in London that wears an Afro was a Muslim grin
There was another pastor I read his testimony
He was a Muslim morning crier,abi wetin them dey call the early morning criers from those loudspeakers

He went in to shout allahu wakban and started shouting Jesus,Jesus and they wanted to kill him and he escaped miraculously.
He's now a pastor is Europe I think

grin grin grin grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 3:15am On Nov 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

aahhaaa HABA osisi . . . . grin grin grin grin . . .

Nairaland has 500,000 registered members
I bet you only about 50,000 of those are Muslims and I'm being generous
Of the active members,only about 1/5th or even less are Muslims
I've been on this site almost since it's inception  and have fought battles so I know.
This is a microcosm of Nigeria
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 3:19am On Nov 30, 2009
Madam Nairaland . . .

which one is microcousin . . . .
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 3:27am On Nov 30, 2009
let me go and count off the responders on those their ramadan threads.That should give one an idea.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2009
I can't help but laugh. A: fashola remain a devoted muslim
B: Northerner are the majority believe it or not thats ur own cup of tea. It is already in record
c:- People are converting to islam daily compare to xtrianity, it is when a weak muslim is having trial that he leaves islam
D: you can't judge by the number of NL muslim because many musim abstain from the net due to corrupt influences.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by focused123(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

B: Northerner are the majority believe it or not thats your own cup of tea. It is already in record
c:- People are converting to islam daily compare to xtrianity, it is when a weak muslim is having trial that he leaves islam
D: you can't judge by the number of NL muslim because many musim abstain from the net due to corrupt influences.

I just can't stop laughing at your advanced ignorance. For every one person who becomes a muslim, there are ten people who becomes a christian.

You use violence, denial of facts and veracity, death and threat of death to keep people in your cult. That is the reason why Sharia was introduced in the North because without it all the muslims will become christian and even then, people are still converting to Christianity every minute.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
Hi all,

I can't help laughing and imagining @ Osisi and N2A profound denial of facts. Any way, this is just a platform where every privates and Tom is freely free to write all the craps he or she can think and type. Hence can't wait to read more on that. . .

But answer me these few questions:

1--Who actually conducted the research before he/she/they came out with it? Is the source Islamic or the researcher Muslim?
People, what do you think these folks would have been saying had the source been Islamic? Wonder o!

2--When the head-count was carried-out in Nigeria, who was the President? Of course it was Obasanjo. . .who then manipulated it? Even the Head of the National Population Board is not Muslim. . .then wonder really never end as I can't think who could have maneuvered the result on this earth, huh?

3--NL is just a forum and on internet. How many people even in the South care to log-in here? Isn't thinking taking NL as microcosm of Muslim population in Nigeria very thoughtless or at least naive? Think man. . .how many people even access internet in this country. . .mst!

4--You folks are always ready to tell us of Muslims who renounce Islam. . .but if you are told of Christians who renounce their faith you start all the hullabaloos, denying the news. Is this really fair, just or even thinkable?

5--Number of churches does not count here at ALL.

6--What do you know of Northern Muslims? Nothing it apparently seems. Had you knew anything you would not have said the nonsensical words you have had.

7--Let me stop here until these questions are answered.

Thanks
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by focused123(m): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
muhsin:

Hi all,

I can't help laughing and imagining @ Osisi and N2A profound denial of facts. Any way, this is just a platform where every privates and Tom is freely free to write all the craps he or she can think and type. Hence can't wait to read more on that. . .

1--Who actually conducted the research before he/she/they came out with it? Is the source Islamic or the researcher Muslim?
People, what do you think these folks would have been saying had the source been Islamic? Wonder o!

2--When the head-count was carried-out in Nigeria, who was the President? Of course it was Obasanjo. . .who then manipulated it? Even the Head of the National Population Board is not Muslim. . .then wonder really never end as I can't think who could have maneuvered the result on this earth, huh?

3--NL is just a forum and on internet. How many people even in the South care to log-in here? Isn't thinking taking NL as microcosm of Muslim population in Nigeria very thoughtless or at least naive? Think man. . .how many people even access internet in this country. . .mst!

4--You folks are always ready to tell us of Muslims who renounce Islam. . .but if you are told of Christians who renounce their faith you start all the hullabaloos, denying the news. Is this really fair, just or even thinkable?

6--What do you know of Northern Muslims? Nothing it apparently seems. Had you knew anything you would not have said the nonsensical words you have had.

Thanks

You are just blabbing, which is one of the characteristics of a Muhammedan.

grin grin grin
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by muhsin(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
Only reasonable persons are needed here. If you know you can't make any meaningful and intellectual reply please don't post, understand? Thanks
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2009
Thank u mr muhsin. Focused is envy and you will die in enviness
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2009
muhsin:

Hi all,

The source is from the leaders in Nigeria and so it was Islamic.The leader was and is still Islamic .

The Obasanjo's census did not have religion as one of the criteria to be checked off ,go and do your research.Northerners have been known to falsify figures in Nigeria to their advantage so I guess they pulled the statistics out of a plate of gworro.
In the  census the northerners consistently refuse to be counted and would make up a figure for the enumerators since their wives  and females are hidden behind walls.
Figures in Nigeria cannot be trusted,common sense would tell us what the truth is.
Nairaland is a typical example
How many Muslims are on this forum when compared to Christians?

Are you claiming then that Christians are more advanced that Muslims in Nigeria ?
Why would 50% of Nigerians be Muslims yet those on the internet are perhaps only 20% Muslim?
Are the Christians stopping your internet connections?
Please come with a better argument.
You are far less in number,that is the real reason.

It is common knowledge that uncountable Muslims have since left Islam especially in Yorubaland.
The dan fodio figures you guys give about Yoruba Muslims being 65% are so outdated,I think it's in the 70's.
Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther who was Muslim must have known this fact too

na lie

That speaks volumes
and these churches are packed full every Sunday?
where are the Muslim faithfuls worshipping if you want to discountenance number of churches?
The largest places of worship in Nigeria are Churches and the pews are not occupied by satchets of pure water.

6--What do you know of Northern Muslims? Nothing it apparently seems. Had you knew anything you would not have said the nonsensical words you have had

I have stayed in various parts of northern Nigeria.
The Muslim population is so overated.

Thanks

what questions
Even my grade schooler would have answered those.
Read my earlier post again and ponder on the figures.
Why would every Nigerian you meet outside of Nigeria be most likely a Christian by an 80% chance and yet Muslims make up 50% of Nigeria
Does that make a bit of sense to you?
The true number of Muslims is most likely 30-40% ,politics aside and I'm being very generous.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
Osisi you too big to be acting like a kid, how can you judge using NL, think woman, did you do statistics in school ? If no then no wonder and if yes i will teach you something you are ignorant of.

Historical facts remain intact that we are the majority you can die of agony who cares.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
Another good argument

This is the total JAMB admission for a 6 year period

SE 97% Christians
SS 97% Christians
SW 70% Christians
NC about 50% Christian
NE 98% Muslim
NW 98% Muslim
Not only are the Muslim areas obviously very backward in terms of education,I believe they are also far less in number which is the only reason for the large disparity in their regions compared to the heavily populated Christian areas.

If you have any figures to help your argument besides the made up statistics by IBB and Abacha,please bring it on.

I have given you more than 5 commonsense reasons why Christians definitely must outnumber Muslims in Nigeria
What are yours?

Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

B: [size=18pt]Northerner are the majority believe it or not[/size] thats your own cup of tea. It is already in record

Anyone still trying to figure out why Nigeria is so backward?
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nigeria is backward because of pastors. They steal money and go to pastor to pray for them.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Abuzola11(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
@osisi- the chief enumerator was a xtrian, stop disgracing urself
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Nigeria is backward because of pastors. They steal money and go to pastor to pray for them.

Gowon, Babangida, Shagari, Abacha are the reason many of us will not go back to Nigeria. You sons of cattle rearers.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by 0hsisi: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

@osisi- the chief enumerator was a xtrian, stop disgracing urself

It's tiring explaining commonsense things to you because Islam is averse to commonsense
What has that got to do with anything?
Is it the enumerator that reports the figures to world?
Moreover I told you the last census did not have religion as a criteria so where did the figure of 50% come from?
I bet Kano is also more populated than Lagos
I have stayed in both places mind you.
Re: 50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims by No2Atheism(m): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2009
0hsisi:

It's tiring explaining commonsense things to you because Islam is averse to commonsense
What has that got to do with anything?
Is it the enumerator that reports the figures to world?
Moreover I told you the last census did not have religion as a criteria so where did the figure of 50% come from?
I bet Kano is also more populated than Lagos
I have stayed in both places mind you.

That is if you count the cows and goats and sheeps and cats and dogs and trees . . . donkeys and camel . . .

Even a blind and deaf and dumb and mad person knows that Lagos is not only the most populous state in nigeria but also the most populous in probably west africa. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The True Story Of Ayelala; The Historic Woman Of Courage / “there Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real” - Pope Francis / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.