Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin (19803 Views)

Budget Padding: Dogara, Others Must Face Panel – Police / Budget Padding: Dogara Talks Tough, Says EFCC, Others Can’t Probe Him / Budget Padding: Dogara Shuns Police Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by Islie: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
Former Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has insisted that the Speaker, Mr Yakubu Dogara, must resign to allow for independent investigation into alleged budget infractions.

Jibrin told newsmen on Tuesday in Abuja that some members of the lower chamber were already plotting to impeach Dogara.

Jibrin alleged that the speaker had on Monday begged members of the North-East caucus in the House for forgiveness over his role in the alleged padding of the 2016 budget.

He, however, said that the request was rejected.
Jibrin explained that Dogara’s request that the matter should be investigated internally is not tenable as the rule of the House stated otherwise.

He said, “When a grievous allegation of this nature is raised, there is a laid down rule to investigate such issue and it should not be investigated internally.

“The speaker should step down for proper investigation. Nobody is hunting him, but he should step down for a committee to do its work and investigate the issue.

“The speaker begged us that we should forgive him. He also begged for the principal officers.
“He said that the House should forget what happened in the 2016 budget.”

He said that he was not bothered if the House would suspend him for his actions, maintaining that he was “prepared for the worst because I know the risk I am taking; I am on the part of history”.

In a swift reaction, the spokesman of the House, Rep. Abddulrazak Namdas, in company with 15 members of the North-West caucus in the house, debunked Jibrin’s claims, saying they were false.

According to Namdas, the essence of the meeting, which took place on Monday and presided over by the Speaker, was to deliberate on the way toward addressing the current economic recession in the country.

He said, “The speaker decided to meet with leaders of all caucuses to discuss the way forward on the current recession and the way forward when the House resumes.

“Allegation that the speaker begged for forgiveness and that members of North-West caucus passed a vote of no confidence on the Chief Whip, Rep. Ado Doguwa, is not true.

“That the meeting was done in bad light was not true as well; Jibrin has made these allegations before and has not said anything new.

“This house has its resolutions; we have our process and will commence its work soon.
“None of us is above the rule we have set. If Jibrin has issues, let him put up a motion and if he has the numbers then so be it.”

Also speaking, Rep. Ahmed Mustapha, one of the lawmakers who attended the meeting, said that 21 out of 24 lawmakers from Kano endorsed a vote of confidence on the leadership of the house.

He said, “In the North-East, Gombe state has passed 100 per cent vote of confidence on the speaker while about 85 per cent of all the members of in the House has passed a vote of confidence on the leadership.”
NAN

http://punchng.com/budget-padding-dogara-begged-forgiveness-says-jibrin/
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by jlinkd78(m): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
f
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by INTROVERT(f): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
Claims and counter-claims while the economy is in flames.

6 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by ishiamu(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by GoggleB(m): 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
I am tired of Dis government
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by INTROVERT(f): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
ishiamu:
H
I
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by project8(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Greedy pple

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by gurunlocker: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
They will soon destroy this man if he didn't shut up.... this is Nigeria
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by babdap: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
I
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by DONSMITH123(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mr Padding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by oloworulz(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
I have nothing to say. I just want to taste front page comment. well, sheriff till 2060
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by DONSMITH123(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
babdap:
I
GoggleB:
jlinkd78:
f

fear God
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by BabaAlabi: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
In a country like Nigeria, a man as corrupt as Dogara can never resign. He is going to fight, bribe and obfuscate to ensure this matter is investigated by the house ethics committee. This would ensure he goes scot free or at worse, get sanctioned with minor punishment.
Then unfortunate Nigerians and nairalanders will politicize and tribalize this matter until it gets swept under the rug. I weep for my countrysad

15 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
CHANGE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by soccerpundit(m): 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
which way Nigeria?
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by casttlebarbz(m): 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
I hate Apc
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by babdap: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
House of Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by Emmaoga: 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
gurunlocker:
They will soon destroy this man if he didn't shut up.... this is Nigeria
APC zombie spotted with jersey no.8 (attacking midfielder)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
So much for CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by AnyibestDede(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lobatan? The difference between pdp and apc is that pdp are THIEVES whom came to steal and destroy while apc are the real HIRED KILLER whom not only come to kill but to steal and destroy. Nigerians, e don be us

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by damton(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Which way Nigeria.

Allegations upon allegations. But no conviction.

o lord help thy people

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by phemflex90(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
Budget padding is not an offence-- DONGARA 2016
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by lakrene: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
Its time sum one talk some sense into that jibrin guy. He is beggining to talk too much. His party has caution him he refused to heed to their words. He is just worried he was remove form the appropriation committee chair.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by Emmaoga: 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
cc
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by recievesense: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Emmaoga:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by eph12(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lol
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by point5: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ok

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by gurunlocker: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
Emmaoga:
Lol.... Did you just call me a zombie? check my posts and come back....
Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by neolboy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Talkative

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by TamunoRichard(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
apc and propaganda be like

It's [s][size=25pt]RICHIE[/size][/s] on the keypad

Re: Budget Padding: Dogara Begged For Forgiveness, Says Jibrin by freshness2020: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
[size=16pt]Another piece of joke.
I will take the Nigerian judicial system serious when I see Farouk in Prison regalia.[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Hit IDP Camp In Dalori, Borno. Many Killed / No Special Treatment For Abba Kyari, Others In Kuje Prison - Prison Authorities / President Tinubu And The Dangers Of Fuel Subsidy Removal - Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.