Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks (11030 Views)

Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU / School Without Roof In Oshodi Begs For Attention- The Guardian / Borno To Prosecute Parents Who Fail To Send Children To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by justicejay(m): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
Like seriously some parent bought few 60leaves 4 their wards and instruct them to use it 4 3subjects each. I was dere not like someone told me.
Many
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by tete7000(m): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
leofab:
Tinubu and OBJ una see una life outside?

OBJ said Buhari is giving them Nigeria of their dream. Very hilarious. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Waiting dey be want take education do? their brothers, sisters, uncles, ants, causins that recession gave money to get university education what has the education given them? many of them left university 2digit yrs ago yet they havent been able to recover their investment. Some of them may've to strugle for 20 years before they can recover their capital and another 20 to make 2 folds of their capital many of them graduated at 30 years. 30+20+20=70. It means before they can make times 2 of money they invested in their education they will be 70 so, you want these ones too to join the wagon? nonsense, withdraw them from school,let them become agbero, land grabber, that doesnt need capital nothing to lose. go and ask eti musibau, mufi elese and their likes they will tell you to make money as motorboys no hard. Recession has come to change life pls all school, lock up tomorrow send the pupils to motor packs let them go do 3day training b4 they start fully. Ushers when you go finish my case jare?
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by ststyreal(f): 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Honestly, I never knew the situation has gotten this bad until a family friend with 4 kids told me today that her children are sitted under an umbrella out there(where she sells akara) as at 11am today when they were suppose to be in school. I asked her y they weren't in school since government school here in warri is tuition free and she said there is no money to pay for their text book, hence, to avoid neighbours constant aproko question of "cyntia y u no go school since?", she told the kids to sit out there( under the umbrella shade till 3pm when they will all go home), even when they have sold all their bean cake for the day. Warri say 'person weak', honestly, I weak after this woman story. All I could mutter to her is 'It is well'.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
ogechieku:
Waiting dey be want take education do? their brothers, sisters, uncles, ants, causins that recession gave money to get university education what has the educati to change life pls all school, lock up tomorrow send the pupils to motor packs let them go do 3day training b4 they start fully. Ushers when you go finish my case jare?
Effect of you dropping out is glaring from your comment wink

1 Like

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by johnero353(m): 11:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
oluamid:

Wait, is it Buhari that is selling fuel?

And just so you know, Jonathan inherited about $67 billion in foreign reserve from Yar 'adua where did all that money went when crude was selling for an all time-high of $110 per barrel?

I'm not trying to extricate Buhari, I only want to show that Jonathan failed too.
mtchwww... shut up there, if no be for your last statement ehhh... I for call you zombie. Wetin Jonathan fail?
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by oluamid(m): 12:20am On Sep 21, 2016
johnero353:
mtchwww... shut up there, if no be for your last statement ehhh... I for call you zombie. Wetin Jonathan fail?

If you can't have a conversation without becoming foul mouthed please try someone else. I don't need you to validate my statement. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by Donpressman(m): 1:18am On Sep 21, 2016
oluamid:

And just so you know, Jonathan inherited about $67 billion in foreign reserve from Yar 'adua where did all that money went when crude was selling for an all time-high of $110 per barrel?

I'm not trying to extricate Buhari, I only want to show that Jonathan failed too.
Your question "Is it buhari selling fuel" shows how inept and ignorant you are in matters relating to commerce. So people just import fuel and go to the market to sell abi? And the government is also busy increasing fuel price in Nigeria for them since the government is father xmas abi? An SS2 student of Economics won't ask such a question. You could use a research bro. Geez.... how old are you sef grin
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by oluamid(m): 1:33am On Sep 21, 2016
Donpressman:
Your question "Is it buhari selling fuel" shows how inept and ignorant you are in matters relating to commerce. So people just import fuel and go to the market to sell abi? And the government is also busy increasing fuel price in Nigeria for them since the government is father xmas abi? An SS2 student of Economics won't ask such a question. You could use a research bro. Geez.... how old are you sef grin

The fact that you are quick to call someone 'inept and ignorant' over a random online post where he expressed his opinion like he's entitled to shows you are the one who really needs to be described by those unsavoury adjectives.

Can't you just make your point without abuse? Sometimes, I wonder if this platform is not filled with 16-year-olds. How ironic could it be that you are the one asking for someone's age when you've not shown that your decorum is higher than that of a SS2 student. Once someone does not join you in abusing Buhari you guys immediately resort to using expletives.

Now I've spent so much time responding to your abuse that I feel no need to explain my question in the former post. Please move on.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by Donpressman(m): 1:55am On Sep 21, 2016
oluamid:

The fact that you are quick to call someone 'inept and ignorant' over a random online post where he expressed his opinion like he's entitled to shows you are the one who really needs to be described by those unsavoury adjectives.

Can't you just make your point without abuse? Sometimes, I wonder if this platform is not filled with 16-year-olds. How ironic could it be that you are the one asking for someone's age when you've not shown that your decorum is higher than that of a SS2 student. Once someone does not join you in abusing Buhari you guys immediately resort to using expletives.

Now I've spent so much time responding to your abuse that I feel no need to explain my question in the former post. Please move on.

Keep exhausting your English. You think you are doing me, you are doing yourself.
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by cornelin(m): 2:36am On Sep 21, 2016
This one too, shall pass!
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by mids(m): 4:12am On Sep 21, 2016
very soon people will marry and give birth in recession
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by mamaafrik(m): 4:17am On Sep 21, 2016
Tunji oyelana talked about,oti di gbugburu erebe,epa erebe......
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by Ghost447(m): 6:00am On Sep 21, 2016
oluamid:

How much did Obasanjo inherited from Abdulsalam & how much was a barrel of crude oil sold in 1999?
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by ensamy(m): 7:27am On Sep 21, 2016
Ladies queue to use firewood instead of gas or kerosine because of recession.

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by paulstrings(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2016
Swizdom:
They should as well send them to youtube with 1000 naira etisalat 3gig worth of data than wasting school fees, sha.

I feel you...wonderful idea..the best thing to do for your children is giving them informal education using good internet resources..Forget about the Nigerian Educational system..it is OUTDATED

1 Like

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by oluamid(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2016
Ghost447:
How much did Obasanjo inherited from Abdulsalam & how much was a barrel of crude oil sold in 1999?

I can't remember how much Obasanjo met in the reserves or how much crude sold for in 1999 but I do know that it sold for around 9 dollars per barrel for the most part of Obasanjo's reign.

My question if Buhari was selling fuel was asked because the OP made it sound like Nigeria is making a gain of N57 for every litre sold and Buhari was sitting on the proceeds when nothing can be further from the truth.

First, if there would be any profit made it would be oil marketers making it. They are the ones who import and sell petrol. Second, Nigeria before now has been subsidising petrol but the price still stood at a very high N87 considering we produce oil. Yet, the marketers despite subsidy hoard the product arbitrarily to jackup price. What the government simply did was to stop subsidising the product effectively making sure that the subsidy money can be spent elsewhere. There was no provision for subsidy in the 2016 budget so the government couldn't have be making any gain. And mind you, oil marketers have again started asking that the benchmark price of petrol be reviewed upwards despite it being pegged at an all-time high of N145 per litre.

Now I'm not absolving Buhari from any blame. Has he failed with some of his policies since he assumed office? Largely. But is he to blame for the depleted reserves and price of petrol? No.

My point is that Jonathan didn't fare any better. He was only able to mask the true state of things because there was a lot of money in the reserves and we were in a oil boom during his administration. But the money we made from the boom was squandered, the reserves was depleted, and savings was at an all time low yet the administration still owed salaries. The profligacy of the Jonathan government is one of the reasons Nigeria is in a recession today.

But does this absolve Buhari from any blame? Hell No! He knew what he was coming to face before campaigning to win the elections. And while ordinary citizens like me have the luxury to blame the previous administration for its profligacy, the current govt's only priority should be fixing the economy and not trading blames.

Many people just don't want to be reasoned with. Once you don't accept what they believe is true hook, line and sinker, they immediately start abusing you or they label you with derogatory terms like 'wailer'or 'zombie'. No wonder our politicians keep riding rough shod over us when majority can't even argue intelligently without resorting to abuse.

The real enemies are in the corridors of power riding jeeps with tinted glasses bought with stolen public funds but my country people will rather focus their anger on someone who is suffering the same thing they are suffering while ready to protect the real thief with their lives just because he is of the same tribe or religion.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by bellville: 9:27am On Sep 21, 2016
Because schools resumed 19th (mid-month) when most families had finished the meagre salaries they live on.
Re: Recession: Parents Send Children To School Without Textbooks by glossy6(f): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
blueto:
I wonder why people hold and disseminating the spurious impression that Jonathan did not save for the rainy day, The notion that President Buhari met an empty treasury when he took over is false because President Jonathan handed over $30 billion in Foreign Reserves, $5 billion in accrued Liquefied Natural Gas dividends, $3 billion in the Excess Crude Account, and around $2.4 billion in the Sovereign Wealth Fund.

Buhari was handed over a budget of about N4.5 trillion passed by Jonathan, few weeks before handover.

Around N5.3 trillion was received as oil income in 2015, how was this money squandered by Buhari?

With the landing cost of petrol to the country at N89 per litre given the drop in price of crude oil, the Buhari’s federal government still increased fuel price to N145 per litre.

Effectively Buhari is making a profit of N56 per litre of petrol bought by Nigerian. So, why does Buhari keep giving the impression that Nigeria is broke?

With this increased revenue from a new income stream, why hasn’t the Buhari government this new income? Why can’t states get more money from the federation account? Why can’t states pay salaries?

Nigeria is in recession because of Buhari's incompetence and irrational decisions.

God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your View On Suspension Of University Part - Time Programmes / Sample Research Project Topics / National Open University (NOUN) Question And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.