Stats: 3,163,198 members, 7,853,075 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures (2739 Views)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture / Reasons Why You Should Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures If You Get The Chance. (2) (3) (4)

What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Freiburger(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2009
This trend is becoming something that many ppl think can never be corrected, an average of 5,000 Nigerians leave this blessed country every day to eithier Europe or the states for greener pastures, getting there and meeting situation that even worse than the very the ran away from at home resulting in them participating in activities the dosent make a good repution of Nigerians abroad, how long will this continue?. So do we put an end to it?
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by candylips(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2009
the grass will always be greener abroad. it is human nature
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Freiburger(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2009
But its sad,
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by joyli: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2009
i think this question is for the goverment of these country
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by snowdrops(m): 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2009
Source of your figure of 500 Nigerians leaving daily please. Is this only those leaving from the airports? What about thousands who emigrate daily through its porous broders? What makes you decide all Nigerians go abroad for economic reasons? The world is now a global village and people move regularly between countries. As those Nigerians leave others arrive on daily basis.
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Guylan(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
Nigerian govt need to launch a campaign to educate Nigerians in Nigeria about life abroad. Most people trying to leave naija for greener pasture abroad don't have any idea of what life is abroad. They think once you leave naija everything is ok. They hope to come to the foreign countries and pick dollars on the streets or pluck them from the trees. Our govt should educate them on this issue grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by suxes2005(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2009
candylips:

the grass will always be greener abroad. it is human nature

Yes, that is true.

Anyways, as for me, I av an idea and i am struggling to get someone to help sponsor it. I spoke with an uncle in usa and he said all i need do is to present my idea and there are lots of people who are ready to sponsor it. So tell me, should i travel or not?

America is a land of opportunity but Nigeria is??/

SHALOM
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Freiburger(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2009
I the poster of this topic i 've been living in Germany for the past 12years, thing were somehow better when i can in but considering the political languange of the Europeans today, one can see that every one is turing to the right wing of the politcs, extreemly against foreiners like u and me, u cant get a work permit without a resident permit and the conditions of getting a resident permit in most Most European countries i mean the economicially attractiveis countries just like a life time process, so goes to seek political asylum with poorer countries like sudan, samalia etc,and 98% of aslum seeker are rejected, so whats left? deportation. or u beeter go look for an woman and get married to her by force, even if u ready for that and that is the begining of the nightmare. of u go to Eu jail more that 90% of the guys there are Nigerians. As for the US i've been there a couple of times but life is not quite different overe there its just the freedom there is much, but the freedom is also in Nigeria.
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Janeesa: 12:10am On Oct 16, 2009
well I guess if the roads were better, better education, better health care, less corruption, and 24 hrs electricity , im just sayin though embarassed

But I dont live in Nigeria, I do plan on visiting but this is just what I heard, I really do hope Nigeria gets better because where will i retire? surely NAIJA! cheesy

most people who leave Nigeria for a better life just think once they leave everything is going to be ok, but in reality ur problems have only just begun,
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Freiburger(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2009
@Janeesa all these things u mentioned avove is also not that present abroad its only that our people are just too ignorant of of the fact.
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by suxes2005(m): 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2009
Well, it is our prayer that our country gets better come one day.

SHALOM
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
The funny thing is that there are people who are content to live in Naija and only go to places like Europe/USA/Asia on holiday. Yes the power/water is not constant, health care is frightening, security is left to the grace of God ( cos the so called Police are not trained properly and are probably greedier that armed robbers) but all said and done, it's home. I've lived in other countries, and in my mind i've always known it's temporary. Things have gotten a bit better, but i do hope that government agencies/Politicians would please use a fraction of the cash given to them to improve Nigerias basic amenities and stop trying to embezzle so much. It's not a question of Praying for Nigeria, but for Nigerians!!!!! Our leaders may not be ideal, but there's hope! All it takes is one lousy leader and we end up in the kind of mess Zimbabwe found themselves in. I understand from a reliable source that Mugabe tried to send his kids to the USA, then Europe and was rejected and ended up sending his kids to school in Thailand. It wouldn't be a big deal, except he took it upon himself to alienate the west whilst trying to benefit from their resources at the expense of the foolhardy agenda that he was feeding his people. Very sad indeed!!!!
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by toyinajani(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2009
It is only a change in Nigeria that can stop that.
I AM SERIOUSLY DREAMING OF LEAVING THIS COUNTRY,I NEED SOMEBODY TO SPONSOR ME,I DONT HAVE MONEY BUT I CAN ALWAYS PAY YOU OVER THERE.OR IF YOU HAVE A GENUINE LINK, HIT ME ON 018220521, MAIL completequest@yahoo.com
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by akinalabi(m): 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2009
Nothing can stop it. Even if we have 24 hours power and perfect roads
Re: What Will Stop Nigerians From Runing Abroad For Greener Pastures by Freiburger(m): 6:09am On Oct 25, 2009
@ Toyinajani what makes u think u can get a job abroad to pay a sponsorer abroad? look the economic hardship that is hitting our country is not even that different abroad.

Where In Europe Can I Study With 3 Million Naira For My Masters? / Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) / Any Nairalander Living And Working In Cairo (egypt) ?