Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. (7275 Views)

"Take 2 In The Morning Before You Wake Up": Check Out This Drug Prescription / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment / TYPHOID FEVER : Symptoms And Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by sheddy03: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
my wife did a test for malaria&typhoid, the result is as shown bellow.
Doctors in the house, kindly help with prescription pls. APC change is biting harder.

Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by divinehand2003(m): 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
Go to the Hospital
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by Ofemmanu1: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
Where's the result?
Meanwhile go get; Lumether N250, Cyprofloxacin 500mg, N200 x (2 sachets), paracetamol N30 and folic acid N20.
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by sheddy03: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Where's the result?
check above pls thanks
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by sheddy03: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Where's the result?
Meanwhile go get; Lumether N250, Cyprofloxacin 500mg, N200 x (2 sachets), paracetamol N30 and folic acid N20.
I latter attached the result, see above.
but then, thanks so much for your contribution.
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2016
did u jst go do d test on ur own? d doc dat sent u for d test is suppose to prescribe for u
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by lgboks(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
good day sir
You didn't uppload the full test result, the pcv is not indicated there.
Anyways from the result I would prescribe:
1)any of the arthemether80+ lumefantrine 480 drugs i.e combisunate,lumarthem etc for the malaria, to be taken 1 tablet twice daily(depending on the brand you get, as some brands require her taking 4 tablets morning and evening)
2) ciprofloxacin or amoxicillin (if you have money you can go for amoxicillin and clavulanic acid i.e augmentin) to be taken 1 tablet twice daily....if you getting just the amoxil then let her take it 8 hourly for 5 days(3 times daily for 5 days)
3) any multivitamin drug or blood building capsule(f her pcv is down, check the lab result...you will find the range there...just check hers against the range... . This should be taken 1 daily...
[color=#990000]NOTE: please ensure she does not take the multivitamin with the anti malaria drug...let her start taking the blood cappsule or multivitamin after the anti malaria drug is finished (i.e the antimalaria lasts for 3 days,so she starts the multi vitamin on the 4th day.

She can take folic acid or vitamin B complex 1 tablet 3 times daily while taking the anti malaria drug...but she should stop taking it as soon as she starts taking the multivitamin or blood capsule.
If you not too stretched on cash,would advice she takes ceftriaxone injection intavenously for 3 days then continue with either the amoxil or ciprofloxacin...
Hope this helps and I wish your hubby a speedy recovery sir cool[/color]
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by sheddy03: 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
did u jst go do d test on ur own? d doc dat sent u for d test is suppose to prescribe for u
I went and did the test on my own, am therefore asking doctors in the house to help.
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
sheddy03:

I went and did the test on my own, am therefore asking doctors in the house to help.
I knw y I asked cus looking @ dat stf, she shld b treated intravenously for d typhoid whch still boils down to hospital.dats y its better to meet a doc so he can tel u d kind of test to take. if u had met a doc, d wld av also asked for a cbc test. pls dnt use drugs first,go to a hospital. no b anyhw den dey treat typhoid or else it wld cum back.
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by sheddy03: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
I knw y I asked cus looking @ dat stf, she shld b treated intravenously for d typhoid whch still boils down to hospital.dats y its better to meet a doc so he can tel u d kind of test to take. if u had met a doc, d wld av also asked for a cbc test. pls dnt use drugs first,go to a hospital. no b anyhw den dey treat typhoid or else it wld cum back.
good advise, thank you.
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
sheddy03:
good advise, thank you.
na so
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by sheddy03: 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
lgboks:
good day sir
You didn't uppload the full test result, the pcv is not indicated there.
Anyways from the result I would prescribe:
1)any of the arthemether80+ lumefantrine 480 drugs i.e combisunate,lumarthem etc for the malaria, to be taken 1 tablet twice daily(depending on the brand you get, as some brands require her taking 4 tablets morning and evening)
2) ciprofloxacin or amoxicillin (if you have money you can go for amoxicillin and clavulanic acid i.e augmentin) to be taken 1 tablet twice daily....if you getting just the amoxil then let her take it 8 hourly for 5 days(3 times daily for 5 days)
3) any multivitamin drug or blood building capsule(f her pcv is down, check the lab result...you will find the range there...just check hers against the range... . This should be taken 1 daily...
[color=#990000]NOTE: please ensure she does not take the multivitamin with the anti malaria drug...let her start taking the blood cappsule or multivitamin after the anti malaria drug is finished (i.e the antimalaria lasts for 3 days,so she starts the multi vitamin on the 4th day.

She can take folic acid or vitamin B complex 1 tablet 3 times daily while taking the anti malaria drug...but she should stop taking it as soon as she starts taking the multivitamin or blood capsule.
If you not too stretched on cash,would advice she takes ceftriaxone injection intavenously for 3 days then continue with either the amoxil or ciprofloxacin...
Hope this helps and I wish your hubby a speedy recovery sir cool[/color]
you are conscious of the recession hitting this country. I appreciate how you give me options, if I have money or not. thank you so much, you have been very helpful.

1 Like

Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by lgboks(m): 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
sheddy03:

you are conscious of the recession hitting this country. I appreciate how you give me options, if I have money or not. thank you so much, you have been very helpful.
you always welcome sir....
Glad I could help (sorry it came late,anti spam banned me...thanks to the Mod I got out grin
Just like some one mentioned...would advice you go with the injection 1st before taking the drug for the thyphoid....from the test result I would strongly suggest that...know that health is wealth. Better to spend a little now than more later
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by babyt66: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Watsapp me on 07032493281 for details
Re: Help With Prescription For Malaria&typhoid Fever. by kokomilala(m): 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
If you can pay for my consultancy, I'll tell you very simple things, inexpensive, they are, that you should do.You'll never have this couple or coupling of malaria and typhoid again unless you get careless.Last time I had typhoid was 1994.I get malaria fever when I get careless.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Hardly Visit The Gym? / Change / Best Hospitals In Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.