Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

RE: ECONOMIC RECESSION, THE PRESENT IS THE KEY TO THE PAST!!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: ECONOMIC RECESSION, THE PRESENT IS THE KEY TO THE PAST!!!!! (409 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" / Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward / Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RE: ECONOMIC RECESSION, THE PRESENT IS THE KEY TO THE PAST!!!!! by itzsirkay(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
RE: ECONOMIC RECESSION, THE PRESENT IS THE KEY TO THE PAST.

As a Geo-engineer, from knowledge gathered so far I stand to say that the economic recession saga in which Nigeria find herself is self inflicted since the advent of democratic system of governance, especially under the watch of one of our democratically elected president, president Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo in 1999. Nigeria is a country blessed with so many natural resources including, liquid and solid minerals, but we tend to focus on the oil money from only one region and neglecting other sources of revenue generation means hence the crisis in the NIGER DELTA. The economic recession we find our self in today was as result of mismanagement through corrupt practises by past public officials and lack of plan for the evil days like we are experiencing now. It is only barbaric and ethnic sentimental people that Will put the whole blame of the cause of economic recession on the present day government. However, am calling on the present day government whose integrity is her watch word that integrity alone cannot avert this recession we are into but other measure should be taken. Inspite of this, I will suggest the following solutions ;
1. Set TSA to work : I will commend the buhari led administration through the minister of finance Mrs Kemi Adeosun to have fast track the implementation of TSA as a mean of checking how money is accrued and spent by government agencies. However, I will advice the government to set the money gotten from TSA to work by pumping the money back to the economy through empowerment programs such as YOU-WIN etc.and such programs should be closely supervised.
2. Subsidize basic human needs: I will not totally support the motion of increment of minimum wages because the basic human need which are food, clothing and shelter are on the high side. What I will suggest to our government is that any government who want its citizen to enjoy the dividend of democracy will provide food, clothing and shelter at an affordable or subsidized rate.
3. Decentralize power system : Power as we know is a drive for industrialisation as its create room for investment opportunity amidst other factor like security, labour etc.I must tell you the bitter truth, federal government cannot power Nigeria. Therefore, for this reason FG should allow state to generate its own power and distribute to the state inorder to allow for infrastructural development through investment attraction and as such will create more job for Nigerians.
I remain, kayode Adams KASALI, a concerened student of federal university of petroleum resources, effurun, Delta state, Nigeria.
(08162514446, alanirasaq@gmail.com).

(1) (Reply)

What Is Change? / No Easy Solutions To Nigeria's Problems, Says Buhari.. / There Was A Country!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.