Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" (44344 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by nwabobo: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
The honeymoon between President Muhammadu Buhari and former President Olusegun Obasanjo seems to have ended.

For the one and a half year that Mr. Buhari has been in power, Mr. Obasanjo remained one of his staunchest backers, visiting him repeatedly and publicly defending most of his actions.

But speaking in Lagos Wednesday, Mr. Obasanjo served signal that the era of being soft on the administration Mr. Buhari leads is over.

Delivering the keynote at the First Akintola Williams Annual Lecture, Mr. Obasanjo lashed at the Buhari administration for repeatedly lumping the country’s three previous administrations together and then accussing them of misgovernance.

He also advised Mr. Buhari to stop dwelling on the past, saying since he was elected to change the country, he should concentrate on clearing the mess he inherited.
“Now that we have had change because the actors and the situation needed to be changed, let us move forward to have progress through a comprehensive economic policy and programme that is intellectually, strategically and philosophically based,” Mr. Obasanjo said.

“It is easier to win an election than to right the wrongs of a badly fouled situation. When you are outside, what you see and know are nothing compared with the reality.
“And yet once you are on seat, you have to clear the mess and put the nation on the path of rectitude, development and progress leaving no group or section out of your plan, programme and policy and efforts. The longer it takes, the more intractable the problem may become.”

The former president also criticised plans by Mr. Buhari to take about $30billion loan to fix critical administration.
“I am sure that such a comprehensive policy and programme (that will move Nigeria forward) will not support borrowing US$30 billion in less than three years. It will give us the short-, medium- and long-term picture.
“Adhocry is not the answer but cold, hard headed planning that evinces confidence and trust is the answer. Economy neither obeys orders nor does it work according to wishes. It must be worked upon with all factors considered and most stakeholders involved.
“The investors, domestic and foreign, are no fools and they know what is going on with the management of the economy including the foreign exchange and they are not amused. The Central Bank must be restored to its independence and integrity. We must be careful and watchful of the danger of shortermism.
“Short-term may be the enemy of medium- and long-term. We must also make allowance for the lessons that most of us in democratic dispensation have learned and which the present administration seems to be just learning.”

The former president did not spare the National Assembly which he says stinks to high heavens and the Nigerian military, which he said needed to be purged.
More to come…

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/216111-breaking-obasanjo-strikes-again-attacks-buhari-national-assembly-military.html

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by DanPel(m): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
FTC! dedicated to my future wife and unborn kids. Daddy just won the FTC thing while using the rest room. The person below me what do you have to say??.....

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by fistonati(m): 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
I just dont take this man serious anymore.

He asked Nigerian to vote for Buhari, now Nigerians are suffering because of his {dubious} utterance's.

The more he talks, the more the National disaster.

All his talks hasn't effected Nigerians positively.

207 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by fistonati(m): 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
SLAP YOURSELF
DanPel:
FTC! dedicated to my future wife and unborn kids. Daddy just won the FTC thing while using the rest room. The person below me what do you have to say??.....

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by realbitez(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Baba Iyabo again, who first corrupt the National assembly,when you wanted 3rd term

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by fijiano202(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
DanPel:
Congrats,more grease to ur engine.. OP NO COMMENT

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by freeze001(f): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
Obasanjo! Hmmm...
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by kachimighty0000: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
is lyk obasanjo midnight romance wit Mr president didn't favour him. he will soon start leaking their secrets lyk a woman.

dis past period, is lyk zombies are gaining dere senses back. d buhari concoctions is no longer sweet on dere tongue.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by DanPel(m): 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
fijiano202:
Congrats,more grease to ur engine.. OP NO COMMENT
Lemme bless you,oya nidan and close ur eye... shikarabashakorobo may MyGodBlesU

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by Atiku2019: 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
Very Incompetent President cry cry

#Atiku2019

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by DanPel(m): 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
fistonati:
SLAP YOURSELF
As per?? Bros,Bros nothing to dis FTC award o,but i can feel your pain. the pain that you couldn't get the FTC maybe you stay keen to ur keys next time (no offence)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by agbangam: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
Baba Iyabo... Far better dan GEJ, @least u created EFCC lock pple like Balogun n Bode George, while GEJ made it toothless

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by EmeeNaka: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
Obasanjo has waken up
Obasanjo said
“And yet once you are on seat, you have to clear the mess and put the nation on the path of rectitude, development and progress leaving no group or section out of your plan, programme and policy and efforts. The longer it takes, the more intractable the problem may become.”
So,Obasanjo is just discovering that Buhari has left some section of Nigeria out of his government?

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by dabbyz(f): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2016
I hear you baba

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by daniska3yaro(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hehehe
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by verygudbadguy(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
shocked

Though i am a Zombie according to the Wailers Association, i will not close my eyes to the inconsistency in the Cabinet of the FG lately.

Especially in the running of the economy. They seem not bothered by the level of suffering imposed on the masses through their policies.

I hope Buhari will sit tight and sack whosoever needs to be sacked for this country to move forward. The CBN not spared, has been bringing up mumu policies back and forth.

Mehn, we didn't envisage this kinda wahala that is happening here and there.

That said, I still stand with Buhari. I pray he gets it right before 2019.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by fistonati(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
Knock, Knock, KNOCK. Wake up, its AFTERNOON already.
EmeeNaka:
Obasanjo has waken up
Obasanjo said
So,Obasanjo is just discovering that Buhari has left some section of Nigeria out of his government?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by Azujabeel(m): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
Bubu #FreeOurNaira #FreeOurForex
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by richidinho(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
I wish i will jst wake up tomorrow morning to hear that Buhari is no more our president

I will fvck 3 correct babes without cond*m grin

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by Tjohnnay: 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
Dis country juz tire me, even nairaland mod self join

Ah na wao

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by wowmenow: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Buhari is gone

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by ChristineC: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
They all are deceiving themselves and I can only blame wide-spread illiteracy of electorates.

What happened to young minds with fresh ideologies? After hyping mediocrity for the 'yewts' who couldn't think for themselves at the polls, they start spraying spittle all over in "protest" when they feel their personal interests are not well covered. Next they will champion the candidacy of IBB.

Rotten generation who refuse to disappear already!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by mayorchelsea(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
I won't air my views now until confirmed by another source.Baba may release another statement tomorrow now saying he never said such;that it's the handwork of wailers and those people who...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by DanPel(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
onward4life:

shikarabashakorobo

It's like yu b ex witch! grin grin
Hmmm,grand master that knows an ex witch,so you still recognize me after i gave my life to Christ. If you like dont repent,oniranu attention seeker.mtcheeew
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by DanPel(m): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
fistonati:
SLAP YOURSELF
Iyawo e loma gbaleti. Mr Slapper... See Painment
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by chiefobdk(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
another afonja used and dumped.

nuff said

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by boman2014: 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
politics and their stupid wahala
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by Tiffbuxas: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
baba and his antics... I like the man sha... showed us that corruption was our safe haven.... we urgently need someone to take us back there

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
Though his points are valid but he should also remember that he was the first person to rush to Aso Villa and submitted his own unsolicited voluminous made in ota farm economic handout to buhari after he got sworn in which buhari acknowledged, thus it is also a possibility that bubu is only implementing what Oby sent to him or he just read the whole stuff upside down.

Oby will be visiting the post office again which is his trade mark after he might have finished singing this his usual "it wasn't me" song by shaggy.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" by sasquareT(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
agbangam:
Baba Iyabo... Far better dan GEJ, @least u created EFCC lock pple like Balogun n Bode George, while GEJ made it toothless
Jeez cool shocked shocked
weytin concern GEJ for this matter now.
some of you go soon commit suicide on GEJ matter.
Gej don go so let him be abeg

54 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Miyetti Allah Reasons For Plateau Christians Killing / How APC Paid Billions To Win Imo, Kwara, Gombe, Zamfara, Benue - The Sun / Naira Redesign: Protest Breakout In Ogbomoso (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.