Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South (1204 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu, His Father And South-East Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by uyiekpen26: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2016
It sad to see some Igbos of eastern origin laying claims that ikweres are Igbos.

Forr this I had to call my neighbour who happens to be an ikwere man to confirm the authenticity of him being an igbo and he said capital "No".

He went further to say we bear igboid names, speaks igbo dialect along with our native dialect but we are not real igbos. we now fear loosing our identity to igbos by lies peddled by them.

To some ikweres people, why tell some igbos that you are igbos and tell the others you are not? Why also tell it to the Edo people that your ancestry belong to the Edos at the same time?

Please stop confusing the biafrian agitators that are aware of your resources.

Please no ethnic bashing on this thread I beg of you..God bless you as you comply. Here are the ethnics and List of indigenous peoples of Rivers State:

Abua

Andoni

Bille

Ekpeye

Eleme

Engenni

Etche

Ibani

Ikwerre

Kalabari

Kula

Ndoni

Nkoro

Nkoroo

Ogba

Okrika

Saro

As you all see no igbo amongst them...God bless the Republic of South South.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by attackgat: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2016
uyiekpen26:

He went further to say we bear igboid names, speaks igbo dialect along with our native dialect but we are not real igbos

Another Yoruba man comes with his 'divide and rule'. Which one is "real Igbo"? Why didn't you ask the Ikwere Man to explain to you the difference between real and unreal Igbo?

Please stop confusing the biafrian agitators that are aware of your resources

Late Major Gen Philip Effiong said in his book "Biafra:My story" that on the day that Ojukwu declared Biafra on 30th May 1967, the largest contingent that came to Enugu to celebrate the creation of Biafra were Ikwere people.

Please no ethnic bashing on this thread I beg of you..God bless you as you comply. Here are the ethnics and List of indigenous peoples of Rivers State:

Abua

Andoni

Bille

Ekpeye

Eleme

Engenni

Etche

Ibani

Ikwerre

Kalabari

Kula

Ndoni

Nkoro

Nkoroo

Ogba

Okrika

Saro

What this list means is that there are no Ijaws or Ogonis in Rivers? How will you explain that one to an Ijaw man like Asari Dokubo? By the way, where is Republic of North-North?

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by xreal: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2016
So the igbos have been forming fans all these while.
Now we know where they stand.

Nigeria is just too complex to be called a Country.
Nigeria is a big mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2016
attackgat:

Another Yoruba man comes with his 'divide and rule'. Which one is "real Igbo". Who didn't you ask the Ikwere Man to explain to you the difference between real and unreal Igbo?

Late Major Gen Philip Effiong said in his book "Biafra:My story" that on the day that Ojukwu declared Biafra on 30th May 1967, the largest contingent that came to Enugu to celebrate the creation of Biafra were Ikwere people.

What this list means is that there are no Ijaws or Ogonis in Rivers? How will you explain that one to an Ijaw man like Asari Dokubo?
May your life become joyful the day you stop calling out Yoruba for your perceived problems.
Ise

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by chris2face(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2016
And who even told u Igbos need u people
Gafara du Allah yeye dey smell we don't even need u guys
Is still this Rivers people that betrayed us during the civil war,u guys are not igbos yet u keep answering Igbo news
Am out of here

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by giles14(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2016
uyiekpen26:
It sad to see some Igbos of eastern origin laying claims that ikweres are Igbos.

Forr this I had to call my neighbour who happens to be an ikwere man to confirm the authenticity of him being an igbo and he said capital "No".

He went further to say we bear igboid names, speaks igbo dialect along with our native dialect but we are not real igbos. we now fear loosing our identity to igbos by lies peddled by them.

To some ikweres people, why tell some igbos that you are igbos and tell the others you are not? Why also tell it to the Edo people that your ancestry belong to the Edos at the same time?

Abua

Andoni

Bille

Ekpeye

Eleme

Engenni

Etche

Ibani

Ikwerre

Kalabari

Kula

Ndoni

Nkoro

Nkoroo

Ogba

Okrika

Saro

pls wot do u hope to gain with dis post.via ara na bgagi no be here
Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by nzemila(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2016
op this our forged write up did not make any sense. ONWEGHI ISI, Whats the meaning of real igbo? odi kwa egwu

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Darachi(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2016
An Ikwerre man being Igbo is really a matter of individual opinion.If one feels he is an Igbo,good.If not,he is Ikwerre or Andoni or any other group.The Igbo man do not have any problem at all with anybody.They are not looking for any territorial expansion or to colonise any group.All these argument about Rivers and Delta Igbo speaking groups are totally unneccessary.They are brothers no matter how they see themselves.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by dreamworld: 9:13am On Sep 22, 2016
Ikwere is not the only god damn igboid group, go to Etche, egbema(where u have adaka biafra militants) , obigbo mostly eastern rivers are proudly igbos

The op is a drunk illiterate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by MasterofNL: 9:23am On Sep 22, 2016
uyiekpen26:
[size=3pt]It sad to see some Igbos of eastern origin laying claims that ikweres are Igbos.

Abua

Andoni

Bille

Ekpeye

Eleme

Engenni

Etche

Ibani

Ikwerre

Kalabari

Kula

Ndoni

Nkoro

Nkoroo

Ogba

Okrika

Saro

As you all see no igbo amongst them...God bless the Republic of South South[/size].

Funny thread.

I cannot understand why some ‘We SS’ people want to die for nothing. We have said it so many times that should Nigeria break today; the Igbo will not force any tribe or group to be part of us. All these threads are useless and meaningless. The Igbo will accept any of the minority tribes that prefer to be part of us and those that don't want to join us would be free to form their own country or remain with Nigeria.

Why is this so difficult to understand? What is wrong with the ‘We SS’ people for goodness sakes? You keep shouting leave us alone it is not by force and we have said several times that we are not forcing you or planning to do so yet you still come here every day to shout we are not part of your Biafra!

Please you are free to be part of any group of people you choose. The Igbo is not forcing any of you and there are no plans to do so. All we care about is Igbo land including our lands carved into present day Rivers state in 1976 and Delta north.

The rest of you 'We SS' can go and form your Niger Delta Republic.

We can survive without oil if that is what is getting you'll worked up. Germany today has no drop of oil and yet is the most powerful economy in Europe. There are so many countries in the world without oil and yet doing very fine. Look at Israel that moved into a desert and transformed it into a wonderful country for themselves.

Biafra is for Igboland only.

The Niger Delta can form their republic.
Let me also state that there is sufficient oil in Igbo land especially when we take back our lands fraudulently taken from us in 1976 and added to present day Rivers State. See proof here.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by signz: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2016
The only problem I see here are Igbos that are responding to threads like this.

You know fully well that this OP is only seeking to be noticed, why grant him that satisfaction by responding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by MasterofNL: 9:34am On Sep 22, 2016
signz:
The only problem I see here are Igbos that are responding to threads like this.

You know fully well that this OP is only seeking to be noticed, why grant him that satisfaction by responding

Thank you brother, I have given the OP the response of a lifetime.

Ikechukwu48, SlayerSupreme, Ugomba, Pazienza, Igboid.
Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 22, 2016
I also believed that ikwerres were igbo's until I had a conversation with my Igbo neighbor where I called an ikwerre man Igbo and she said he was ikwerre, not igbo.
Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Ngozi123(f): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2016
uyiekpen26:

Abua

Andoni

Bille

Ekpeye

Eleme

Engenni

Etche

Ibani

Ikwerre

Kalabari

Kula

Ndoni

Nkoro

Nkoroo

Ogba

Okrika

Saro

There are Igbo groups- proud Igbo groups- in the list that you provided. I won't insult Ikwerre people because I know that there are some good ones out there however you should ask your neighbour when his people started to deny their Igbo heritage in full force. This should give you a big insight into their identity crisis. I'm not so sure about the others but I know for a fact that I share the same lineage with the Ndoni people of Rivers State so if they're not Igbo then what am I?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2016
Useless thread.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 22, 2016
uyiekpen26:
[s] Its sad to see some Igbos of eastern origin laying claims that ikweres are Igbos.

Abua

Andoni

Bille

Ekpeye

Eleme

Engenni

Etche

Ibani

Ikwerre

Kalabari

Kula

Ndoni

Nkoro

Nkoroo

Ogba

Okrika

Saro

As you all see no igbo amongst them...God bless the Republic of South South[/s].
All I see is one person with different moniker opening several threads to bury himself. Enjoy youself.
To wise minds, stay off this thread and let it die prematurely.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2016
God forgive you for ever calling an IKWERRE MAN an igbo man, by the way who told you the ikwerres speak ibo lingo? an igbo man can never understand the language of the IKWERRES.... if you live in ph and gradually you begin to understand and speak ikwerre lingo does it mean you speak one language, very soon you ibos will claim you own lagos state....simply because you speak and understand yoruba. keep fighting and dying over Rivers state. this is why ibo PRESIDENCY will never happen in nigeria until you ibos change your ways, an ibo man can never be trusted with power, because he might one day chase everybody out of Nigeria and lay claim to everywhere.
Re: Igbos Are Not Native To River State And South South by able20(m): 11:13am On Sep 22, 2016
Jobless Op, already drunked early morning
Ogogoro kills be warned!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Ekiti Poster That's Got People Talking. / Caption This Photo Of PDP, Ize-iyamu / Lagos Residents Express Satisfaction With Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.