Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens (854 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Lady Celebrates Her House Help From Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Lady Burnt To Death Beyond Recognition In Her House After Church (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens by pimplucious: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2016
I have this neighbor who is fond of maltreating her house help. I have always kept quiet hopping things get better.

Ordinarily I would love to mind my own business but I fear I might end up blaming myself should something evil befall the poor maid.

I've done the little I can my conscience won't hunt me again. I hope this get to the necessary authority ASAP

Ps. Does Lagos State law not mandate those who seek house help send them to school?
Re: My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens by sekundosekundo: 9:02am On Sep 22, 2016
Pls report to Human Rights commission. Do everything in secret to rescue the lad. I have done such before.
Re: My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens by pimplucious: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2016
sekundosekundo:
Pls report to Human Rights commission. Do everything in secret to rescue the lad. I have done such before.

Thanks, please can u tell me how to go about it?
Re: My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens by sekundosekundo: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2016
pimplucious:

Thanks, please can u tell me how to go about it?

There was this Police friend of mine I reported the matter to, he took it upon himself and the lad was rescued. Pls you need to be careful in this issue, not everyone should know what you are up to.
Re: My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens by eyinjuege: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2016
What do you mean by maltreat?

Is he/she being starved, or beaten or not clothed

Any specifics?, any pictures?

How old is the help?

Is the help a relative of your neighbor?

You can get the parents phone no from the help if underage, so that they can come and pick their child.

If being starved, you can offer some food till the parents come and pick their child.

There's also an agency in Lagos, at alausa that deals with trafficking, and child abuse cases if the help is still under aged.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Maltreat Her House Help. Help Needed B4 Sumthin Terrible Happens by pimplucious: 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
eyinjuege:
What do you mean by maltreat?

Is he/she being starved, or beaten or not clothed

Any specifics?, any pictures?

How old is the help?

Is the help a relative of your neighbor?

You can get the parents phone no from the help if underage, so that they can come and pick their child.

If being starved, you can offer some food till the parents come and pick their child.

There's also an agency in Lagos, at alausa that deals with trafficking, and child abuse cases if the help is still under aged.

The kid shouldn't be more than 12yrs old judging by her appearance.

Thanks for the infor anyways, might have to go to ALAUSA if it continues. Thanks still

(1) (Reply)

Do You Find It Difficult To Wake Up Early? This Might Help You. / One Year After, Foston Utomi And Wife’s Marriage Hits The Rock / Meet Nigerian Woman With 4 Kids Who Drives Danfo To Provide For Her Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.