Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS (23742 Views)

Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / Not All Young Men Are Yahoo Boys - Dolapo Badmus Writes Open Letter To SARS / Offiial: FRSC Officials Authorised To Carry Fire Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by iliyande(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has warned the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) operatives against torture and extra-judicial killings, saying no policeman in the world had the right or authority to kill crime suspects.

Mr. Idris admonished the SARS personnel to always respect the right of every Nigerian, noting that this was the way they could change the negative public perception about them.

Addressing SARS operatives and their commanders from various state commands at the Force Headquarters on Thursday in Abuja, the IG, in a veiled reference to the Amnesty International’s criticism of the squad, stated that the policemen had a lot to do to correct the public perception that they did not follow due process in their operations.

He said that the squad would undergo retraining and restructuring, adding that the civil society organisations would be involved in the revamping process to contribute to the training programme.

Mr. Idris stated that the squad would have an intelligence arm to assist with intelligence gathering, stressing that the SARS’ operation would be intelligence-led, henceforth.

According to the IG, the operatives would be issued new badges and placed under state Commissioners of Police, while those in Abuja and Lagos would be under the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of operations.

He warned against the use of excessive force and reckless use of firearms, which he said could cause public panic.

He said: “You should respect the constitutional right of every Nigerian; you don’t have authority to take lives, you don’t have authority to change a civil case to a criminal case, you don’t have the right to torture suspects.

“You should conduct yourself to the admiration of the people. Don’t portray yourself as a demon. SARS is not devilish; you have to change the face of SARS by handling cases justly. Don’t turn the complainant into a criminal. You have to be sincere in dealing with the public.”

http://aitonline.tv/post-you_are_not_authorised_to_kill__ig_tells_sars

14 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Cutehector(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
He should not tell them, he should use one erring policeman as a deterrent to others. Only then will the rest obey

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Beanhead(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by psucc(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
Only God knows the level of torture meted to people by the SARS.

They all seem to have the same fate: pale and Sicky after their hare days at SARS.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by victomancer(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
SARS dey hear word Extra judicial killings has become their norm... he needs to do more than make hollow statements eg prosecute policemen that have unlawfully killed citizens this will serves as a deterrent to others

39 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 24, 2016
I hope they listen to this empty threat from the IG. Sars is a notorious association of corrupt and heartless police who believes they are licensed to act above the law. Nigeria is a jungle

57 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Vince77(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2016
Will they ever hear?

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2016
We hear you!
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2016
Let the continue killing innocent people, we shall all face the judgement of God one day.

5 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by AleAirHub(m): 7:54am On Sep 24, 2016
Hahaha....

Funny Govt grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2016
those drunk bastards won't listen..

SARS, and extra judicial killing are 5&6.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Omeokachie: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2016
Just like your order withdrawing officers from VIP abi? or the one against illegal road blocks?

8 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Turks: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2016
Yimu...They'll kill whenever theyou get bloodthirsty.
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2016
Let me just waste this space cos I have nothing to say before they will arrest me like that UNILAG guy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by godin: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2016
at the mention of sars every thief shall bow

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by sunmike065(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2016
I
could remembered the last time they came to arrest me in 2013 simply because a friend mine bought a stolen blackberry from a guy that as once live in my compound b4 but later moved to
ikorodu area in lagos, when they arrested the guy and asked him to provide the guy that he bought the phone from after intimidating and treat to his life out of fear he told them that he doesnt know where the guy moved to because he had relocated from his previous house. but he as a friend who knows his shop which is ME,

suddenly the guy brought SARS to my home with his hand curved already,

the SARS guy explain their reason for coming to my house and I asked him if the guy said I was d one who sold the phone to him he said No but he claimed that I knew the guy shop after then he flashed me Gun and said if I do anyhow I go see anyhow, immediately I calmed as I no wan die..lol

he search my room found nothing but my money which he pocketed and he also saw two laptops he drop one and told me plainly that I should keep one and his taking d second along with him for his personal used, then hand curved me with the guy and took us away to their office at SARS Ikeja,

after then they asked me to call the guy to confirm where he was which I did and the guy said is in his shop in Oshodi, after two hours they took me to Oshodi we met the guy in his shop and the SARS guy explain to him what transpired, that was where we learnt that d guy also bought it from one of his customer too because he sells cloths.

our initial agreement was that I will be released unconditionally immediately I lead them to arrest the guy my people only to realised I spent three days in their Cell with surplus begging b4 they could grant my bail with 30k including the money the SARS guy packed from my houz and my laptop.

Abeg, help me to identify the real thief btwn Me, the Guy that bought stolen phone or a Police official that came to my house to take away money and my laptop without returning it back to me?

After I came out thinking of my experienced, as'n I mean is it a crime again for providing security agent a useful information? come to think of the way they wasted life's, treated people like animals by putting almost 50 people in just a single cell and many things like that it almost affect me Mentally.

since then I gave up on this country and divert my plan to leaving the country which I finally achieved.

you wont know how important you are been a human being until u leave Naija, those who have been outside b4 will understand what I mean.

#onlytherichgetjusticeinnaija

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by jhydebaba(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2016
At the mention of SARS especially Federal SARS every criminal shall bow and become humble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by watchful(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2016
Oga I.g u need to visit Awkuzu SARS to ce for urs self how they are selling human parts , because they ar sars, and in their cell one if they torture u with their stylish turning offside town and blood gushing out of ur nose and mouth by then u most admit DAT u have guns even if u never touch gun in ur entire life,

16 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by kehinde1588(m): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2016
This is one of the reasons the public have distrust in NPF. They use excessive force unnecessary denying the public their civil right.
They want the public to respect and fear them leading to abuse of power.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by kingvectorv(m): 7:59am On Sep 24, 2016
Hahahaha... No b only authorize to kill

People wey if dey catch you dey no go hear say I no join dey don fire you
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by speedyconnect3: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2016
SARS seems to be law unto themselves. They inflict all forms of torture and degrading treatment on suspects.
.Gross human rights abuse and violation go on at various SARS offices.

Killing for them is no biggie.

Those guys need to be called to order.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:59am On Sep 24, 2016
SARS and Extra Judicial Killings

5 & 6

Abeg who get that most popular pix here on Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Pavore9: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2016
“You should conduct yourself to the admiration of the people. Don’t portray yourself as a demon. SARS is not devilish; you have to change the face of SARS by handling cases justly. Don’t turn the complainant into a criminal. You have to be sincere in dealing with the public.”...Most of them are demons! angry

5 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by smartec: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2016
hmmm
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Papapaul: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2016
Tell them
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Carter4luv(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2016
in all military i respect d nigeria army to d call. well respected personnel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Francisayo(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2016
The so called SARS have forgotten their work nowadays,what they take as work is pursing Yahoo boys all about .....This is unacceptable in a sane society
They now portray themselves as demons....The time is coming the hunter will become the hunted

7 Likes

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by chronique(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2016
SARS,the dreaded criminal gang amongst Nigeria's security outfits. Once your case gets there,it's almost as good as saying bye-bye. Pray never to fall into their trap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Odkboy23(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2016
i hope they will listen o, cos the way SARS torture and kill criminals (some not necessarily criminals, just at the wrong and at the wrong time)like they are the judge ,jury and executioner is not good. i hope they will pass a law condemning those acts.
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Eliteklaus(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2016
tell dem o but SARS go gree hear word, those guys brutal sha
Re: You Are Not Authorised To Kill, Idris To SARS by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 24, 2016
Sara? Only God will punish dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Godwin Moffat-Eyo Ex-NNDC Commissioner Jailed 3 Years For Stealing Transformers / EFCC Double-Crossed & Harassed Me In Ibadan - Twitter User (Photos) / 'Mad’ Female Kidnapper Caught In Ikire, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.