Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Here's My Take On IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here's My Take On IPOB (4554 Views)

Biafra: Atiku Speaks On IPOB, Army Clash In Abia / Police Fire Bullets On IPOB Demanding For Release Of Their Members In Rivers / Nnamdi Kanu Was Not Jobless Before He Embarked On IPOB And Biafra Mission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
I've been through this Section Politics over and over again, and all through I've not seen any one give a rational reason why they don't want the Nation Biafra to come..

Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to campaign for that, I'm only concerned not even a single person has come out to give a Reasonable Reason why these people shouldn't be granted independence..

I for one has neither supported not criticised the call for the said Nation, that's because most people criticising the call don't actually give a tangible reason for that, they just go on insulting the people without necessarily giving a candid reason why Biafra should not be..

Now I'm a neutral person, I've heard lots of them speak to me and I could to some extent understand the call, tho I'm not so much in support of the way they're going about it.. But then I'll want someone from the other end to please give me a tangible / sensible reason why they should not be allowed / granted independence.

I know we've got learned Nigerian and 'Biafrans' in this forum and pleased let's be matured about this.. This is not an avenue for social, Ethnic and political war..

Pardon me if you find any error in my English, I'll try to correct them when possible.. smiley but then let's have a sane conversation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by 247Potential: 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
It would appear it was destined to be and will be.

I figure the bulk of Igbos don't believe the past war is the reason they should turn back to Biafra. However, there are two key motions in play, which in my opinion, makes Biafra only a matter of time.

The first of it is that there is a sense of marginalization amongst Igbos. When they look at themselves and how far they have gone from zero to hero in their individual and communual endeavours, very few will be pleased with how the government, with all the resources at their disposal is handling things. Uneasy lies the head that wears the cap, they say, but many Igbos have put the cap on their heads, dealt with it all through the finish line and handed the mantle to the next in line without breaking pace. Igbos are not impressed with the poor job Nigeria is doing. It's not hard to see why.

The second motion is 'The Dare'. If there is anything Igbos get morivated by; it's a dare. A dare is like a challenge that must be risen up to if one is worth his onions. The pride of the average igbo man is 'Ekwueme'. In the present Nigeria, they are beinh dared to follow through with Biafra. They are beinh dared by the authority and citizens alike. While they may have patience with the first motion, this is likely to speeden up the actualization of Biafra, even if it involves becoming primal. I believed the government should take a cue from the past Lagos elections where the igbos along with their South South brothers almost swung the politics of Lagos towards PDP simply because a lagoon threat by a sitting Oba went round. That was the dare. The close battle at the polls was the result.

27 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by jesse8048(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
What an intelligent question, just grabbed d nearest seat to sit and learn too.

1 Like

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
247Potential:
It would appear it was destined to be and will be.

I figure the bulk of Igbos don't believe the past war is the reason they should turn back to Biafra. However, there are two key motions in play, which in my opinion, makes Biafra only a matter of time.

The first of it is that there is a sense of marginalization amongst Igbos. When they look at themselves and how far they have gone from zero to hero in their individual and communual endeavours, very few will be pleased with how the government, with all the resources at their disposal is handling things. Uneasy lies the head that wears the cap, they say, but many Igbos have put the cap on their heads, dealt with it all through the finish line and handed the mantle to the next in line without breaking pace. Igbos are not impressed with the poor job Nigeria is doing. It's not hard to see why.

The second motion is 'The Dare'. If there is anything Igbos get morivated by; it's a dare. A dare is like a challenge that must be risen up to if one is worth his onions. The pride of the average igbo man is 'Ekwueme'. In the present Nigeria, they are beinh dared to follow through with Biafra. They are beinh dared by the authority and citizens alike. While they may have patience with the first motion, this is likely to speeden up the actualization of Biafra, even if it involves becoming primal. I believed the government should take a cue from the past Lagos elections where the igbos along with their South South brothers almost swung the politics of Lagos towards PDP simply because a lagoon threat by a sitting Oba went round. That was the dare. The close battle at the polls was the result.

In as much as I agree with someone of your valid point, but then "A Supposed Biafran" was at the helm of affairs for 6 years and still he couldn't change the course as to what the bolded text specified, and don't you think it'll still be the same story when this said independence is granted?
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by 247Potential: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

In as much as I agree with someone of your valid point, but then "A Supposed Biafran" was at the helm of affairs for 6 years and still he couldn't change the course as to what the bolded text specified, and don't you think it'll still be the same story when this said independence is granted?

Yes. I for one have a little reservation about this Biafra agitation. for the sole reason that There's still a lot more to be done after its actualization which requires the purast of intentions and all hands on deck. I have doubts if the Igbos can collectively render this service at their own personal sacrifice. But then, the dare may drive it all the way home. It's an experiment. The outcome is still negligible.

However, the advantage which may take care of this problem is that the government will be closer to home, and not be run from Abuja. The smaller the problem, the easier it would be to handle. That's why True Federalism remains a much better alternative or an option to reduce agitations for Biafra. Give States power to run themselves and collect a realistic % from them monthly or quarterly and the level of corruption will drop drastically.

16 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by sarrki(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ipob is Babylon nothing good will ever come out of that

Criminal, terrorist group

1 Like

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Emancipation: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

For your information:

Nnamdi Kanu has been there since 2009. He was a very Harsh critic of GEJ. It is on record. But GEJ was smart enough to leave him alone. But Buhari on the other hand justified everything Nnamdi Kanu has been saying by making the 97% vs 5% comment after the election. Nnamdi kanu smartly capitalized on it as evidence of whats to come for Igbos. Frankly speaking, he was right.

26 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by 247Potential: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:

I assure you, these dares are the necessary motivations that drive Igbos to success. Call them worthless and they show you worth. It's something I learnt staying amongst Igbos in Igboland and the Niger Delta.

The same way they were ridiculed for obscurity. The news today is that some heavyweight countries are now aware of the agitations of Biafra.

Someone pointed out at the futility of protesting abroad while the happenings are in Nigeria, but I bet he didn't understand the power of the media. You do not expect the Presidency to reveal the inquiries of Foreign Authorities into this issue do you?

The criminals are being heard. That's not so good for opposition

27 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:
I've been through this Section Politics over and over again, and all through I've not seen any one give a rational reason why they don't want the Nation Biafra to come..

Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to campaign for that, I'm only concerned not even a single person has come out to give a Reasonable Reason why these people shouldn't be granted independence..

I for one has neither supported not criticised the call for the said Nation, that's because most people criticising the call don't actually give a tangible reason for that, they just go on insulting the people without necessarily giving a candid reason why Biafra should not be..

Now I'm a neutral person, I've heard lots of them speak to me and I could to some extent understand the call, tho I'm not so much in support of the way they're going about it.. But then I'll want someone from the other end to please give me a tangible / sensible reason why they should not be allowed / granted independence.

I know we've got learned Nigerian and 'Biafrans' in this forum and pleased let's be matured about this.. This is not an avenue for social, Ethnic and political war..

Pardon me if you find any error in my English, I'll try to correct them when possible.. smiley but then let's have a sane conversation

That means u don't follow my profile... I give countless reasons...
Igbo's love money. check my last post video to see Oyigbo market. Still busy...

I have a video my mom was charged 25k for tinted permit by a fellow Igbo man...

2. Autocratic rule check my prt2
3. Christianity destruction check my prt1
4. Stealing contributions. If Biafra comes it will even be the worse because the cownu himself has nothing to show for the contributions... Till now.
5. Eco centric... Kanu said on my part 2 so clear that he doesn't deal with people who are poor..
Guess his reason that they can't pay his hotel bills and flight so what is the use...

If I lie in any of my claim let me die. And if u don't believe go to YouTube search my name watch my part 1 and 2 and u will find those audios...

Biafra is rudderless I must speak the truth

1 Like

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
BiafraudExposed:

That means u don't follow my profile... I give countless reasons...
Igbo's love money. check my last post video to see Oyigbo market. Still busy...

I have a video my mom was charged 25k for tinted permit by a fellow Igbo man...

2. Autocratic rule check my prt2
3. Christianity destruction check my prt1
4. Stealing contributions. If Biafra comes it will even be the worse because the cownu himself has nothing to show for the contributions... Till now.
5. Eco centric... Kanu said on my part 2 so clear that he doesn't deal with people who are poor..
Guess his reason that they can't pay his hotel bills and flight so what is the use...

If I lie in any of my claim let me die. And if u don't believe go to YouTube search my name watch my part 1 and 2 and u will find those audios...

Biafra is rudderless I must speak the truth

Now this is the reason why I said I've not seen anyone give a Rational reason,

*That Igbos love money is not a reason why they shouldn't be granted independence, I mean who doesn't love money, except our Transportation Minister wink, I love money, I mean Agape love for money..

*Autocratic Rule - Countries that had such rulling system did not fail, and moreover the democracy we portray today doesn't favour the Poor masses, if such rule will the I don't have a problem with that..

*Christianity Destruction - The Igbos (Baifrans) were not originally Christians and if they decide to fall back to their origin, I don't see a wrong in that

*Whats your prove that it'll be worse, and again you did the same thing I mentioned earlier "Insult Insult and Insult"

*He has a right to his lifestyle, If he's lifestyle is not to deal with poor people that's his choice, that might even make him make all Biafrans rich so he could have a dealing with them.. #MyOpiniom tho

Please let's have a conversation devoid of Insults and Name Twisting.. Let's be reasonable..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:

What's your reason for calling them a Terrorist group, or Criminals..

Please pen down your reasons to justify your claims, I'm eager to know why..

9 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Emancipation:

For your information:

Nnamdi Kanu has been there since 2009. He was a very Harsh critic of GEJ. It is on record. But GEJ was smart enough to leave him alone. But Buhari on the other hand justified everything Nnamdi Kanu has been saying by making the 97% vs 5% comment after the election. Nnamdi kanu smartly capitalized on it as evidence of whats to come for Igbos. Frankly speaking, he was right.

Lets assume the president's statement was an oversight, but then Independence day is close by and the same People who claimed to be offended by such Statement would come out to support and pledge..

Is that not hypocrisy?
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
247Potential:

Yes. I for one have a little reservation about this Biafra agitation. for the sole reason that There's still a lot more to be done after its actualization which requires the purast of intentions and all hands on deck. I have doubts if the Igbos can collectively render this service at their own personal sacrifice. But then, the dare may drive it all the way home. It's an experiment. The outcome is still negligible.

However, the advantage which may take care of this problem is that the government will be closer to home, and not be run from Abuja. The smaller the problem, the easier it would be to handle. That's why True Federalism remains a much better alternative or an option to reduce agitations for Biafra. Give States power to run themselves and collect a realistic % from them monthly or quarterly and the level of corruption will drop drastically.

Yeah the call for true federalism I support, also I share with your fears of having such a huge experiment - let's take a cue from Nigeria, we've had Independence (literally) for over 50yrs and still yet we've not learnt to manage our Resources, how sure are we that such wouldn't be the case if Biafra comes to be?

2 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by babyfaceafrica: 6:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
lmao
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Emancipation: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

Lets assume the president's statement was an oversight, but then Independence day is close by and the same People who claimed to be offended by such Statement would come out to support and pledge..

Is that not hypocrisy?

That will be hypocrisy indeed but what sane and rational individual will support IPOB one day and celebrate Nigerian independence on another day? Do you think supporting IPOB is something people just do for fun. It is a tough decision and anybody who has come to that point of joining the Resistance has made up their mind about Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by ekesimo(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
patiently waiting for the rationales on why Biafra shouldnt be heard or let free.

Trust me *they* will not even regard the thread, but if it is any thread written against the biafrans, u will see *sensible* comments piling up and down.

2 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by 247Potential: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

Yeah the call for true federalism I support, also I share with your fears of having such a huge experiment - let's take a cue from Nigeria, we've had Independence (literally) for over 50yrs and still yet we've not learnt to manage our Resources, how sure are we that such wouldn't be the case if Biafra comes to be?
That's the snag. Perhaps the advantage of a 'more common' interest and a smaller region would pilot the ship to its harbour. If it hasn't worked since then till now, there is no doubt that we need a ... (don't want to use the word CHANGE)

2 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Emancipation: 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

If you ignore nairaland for one day and read the Biafran charter by the Biafran government in exile, Resource control and true federalism is fully ingrained in the proposed constitution. please do your research. Each Biafran province will run their own affairs in line with the federal constitution.

7 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
Emancipation:

That will be hypocrisy indeed but what sane and rational individual will support IPOB one day and celebrate Nigerian independence on another day? Do you think supporting IPOB is something people just do for fun. It is a tough decision and anybody who has come to that point of joining the Resistance has made up their mind about Nigeria.

Well no one would want to go against an already established state over an Imaginary one.. I understand now..

Thanks for contributing..

1 Like

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
ekesimo:
patiently waiting for the rationales on why Biafra shouldnt be heard or let free.

Trust me *they* will not even regard the thread, but if it is any thread written against the biafrans, u will see *sensible* comments piling up and down.

If they can't come to defend why they're against the call then there's no reason to withhold these people for no JUST reason..

I'm still waiting for that person and would be glad if anyone is able to do that devoid of insults

5 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by ElCount: 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

Now this is the reason why I said I've not seen anyone give a Rational reason,

*That Igbos love money is not a reason why they shouldn't be granted independence, I mean who doesn't love money, except our Transportation Minister wink, I love money, I mean Agape love for money..

*Autocratic Rule - Countries that had such rulling system did not fail, and moreover the democracy we portray today doesn't favour the Poor masses, if such rule will the I don't have a problem with that..

*Christianity Destruction - The Igbos (Baifrans) were not originally Christians and if they decide to fall back to their origin, I don't see a wrong in that

*Whats your prove that it'll be worse, and again you did the same thing I mentioned earlier "Insult Insult and Insult"

*He has a right to his lifestyle, If he's lifestyle is not to deal with poor people that's his choice, that might even make him make all Biafrans rich so he could have a dealing with them.. #MyOpiniom tho

Please let's have a conversation devoid of Insults and Name Twisting.. Let's be reasonable..
Why did you waste ur time on that lad? He never has anything sensible to say

9 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
247Potential:

That's the snag. Perhaps the advantage of a 'more common' interest and a smaller region would pilot the ship to its harbour. If it hasn't worked since then till now, there is no doubt that we need a ... (don't want to use the word CHANGE)

A common interest? I think it's 50-50, and the only reason people would begin to consider having a sovereign state is if the government refuses to practice through federalism..

Don't you think if we channeled all the efforts used for protesting or calling for a sovereign state is used for the call of through federalism we won't achieve that?

1 Like

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
Emancipation:

If you ignore nairaland for one day and read the Biafran charter by the Biafran government in exile, Resource control and true federalism is fully ingrained in the proposed constitution. please do your research. Each Biafran province will run their own affairs in line with the federal constitution.

I'll try to do that tho it seems Nairaland is becoming an Addiction tho.. wink
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Emancipation: 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

A common interest? I think it's 50-50, and the only reason people would begin to consider having a sovereign state is if the government refuses to practice through federalism..

Don't you think if we channeled all the efforts used for protesting or calling for a sovereign state is used for the call of through federalism we won't achieve that?

The north dominates the executive, legislative and Judiciary and even military. They have made it clear that they are not interested in True Federalism. Please be realistic in your assertions.

9 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Femiwilli: 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

THE REASON THEY DON'T WANT BIAFRA

mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid that Biafra will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

THEY ARE SCARED OF BIAFRA

10 Likes

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Femiwilli: 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
grin
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
ElCount:
Why did you waste ur time on that lad? He never has anything sensible to say

He's a Nigerian and has the right to Speech..

Afterall I created the thread and should be able to accommodate all irrespective of Tribe, Political class, ethnic group or religious affiliations

1 Like

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
Emancipation:

The north dominates the executive, legislative and Judiciary and even military. They have made it clear that they are not interested in True Federalism. Please be realistic in your assertions.

Please I'm being realistic and I dont want to be on anyones side..

And then what makes you think people that rejected through federalism would grant your independence?
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by ElCount: 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Xtopher123:

He's a Nigerian and has the right to Speech..

Afterall I created the thread and should be able to accommodate all irrespective of Tribe, Political class, ethnic group or religious affiliations
Noted, well just like you am still waiting for those who are against the Biafra Agitation to give their reasons, and so far there's nothing

1 Like

Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by LoveDecay(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
see below
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by LoveDecay(m): 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
The Biafran Issue can be analysed on three levels , nationally, regionally and internationally.

Nationally:

1 Nigeria has a constitution and it recommends or suggests how certain issue should be handled. The constitution is the bedrock and framework of how this sovereign nation should be run. The Nigerian constitution has no provision for cessation, restructuring or "breaking away".
You can see the constitutional recommendations on "new states and boundaries" here http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Powers_of_Federal_Republic_of_Nigeria

We don't have any provisions for new countries or nations. So, this is the first issue Biafra must contend with.

2 Secondly, on the case of morals. Biafra first uprise was tainted with the death of millions of Nigerians, whom were forced to become Biafrans - when no vote/referendum was carried out. Did Ojukwu consult with the masses on the issue of cessation ? Did he receive wide support from the masses ? Millions died yet Ojukwu lived a full life with one of the most beautiful women in this nation - Ojukwu escaped the repercussion of his cessation campaign unscathed, yet others died.

On the case of morals, Biafra as an idea is very much significant in history, however this is for the lives lost and not for that which was never achieved.

Anyone who seeks to re-awaken such a cause which may lead to loss of lives, should expect widespread rebuke, logjam, gridlock and constriction.
Re: Here's My Take On IPOB by Xtopher123(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
LoveDecay:
dsd
LoveDecay:
dssdsdd

Please if you've got any contributions to make you're free, else you could stand by and read rather than derail the thread.. please I beg you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Governor Rochas Okorocha’s Son Confirmed Dead In London Hospital / Igbo People Crave Own Nation As Tensions Rise In Nigeria !!!!the Washinton Times / 2023: Tinubu Kick-starts Presidential Campaign On October 1 (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.