Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

An Open Letter To Plateau Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Plateau Youths (344 Views)

Plateau Youths Reject Arewa Ultimatum On Igbos / An Open Letter To Mrs. Aisha Buhari On The BBC Interview- Princewill Chimereze / Photonews:plateau Youths Staged A Peaceful Protest Against Grazing Researve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Plateau Youths by Jtownonline: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
I am writing this letter to youths on the Plateau because I am angry with them and how I wish anyone that reads this will forward this letter until all youths on the Plateau read this letter.
I wanted writing this letter sometime last year but I guess procrastination and other school activities deterred me from writing.
There are many issues that I will love to address or better still will love to raise about they youths on the Plateau. I am not generalizing these issues on all youths on the Plateau. Pleases don't get me wrong.

I am angry with the youths of Plateau State because they are lazy they will never love to engage themselves in any profitable venture all they want to do is to beg you for money that will be able to buy them one glass of Goskolo or a rap of Indian hem. Even those of them that will get a menial job will only do that job just for them to get money that will be enough for them to drink and smoke for that day. Whenever they are done squandering the money, they come back to look for another job and the circle goes on and on. Funny enough, most of these people who sell this illicit drink are not from Plateau State they are either Igbos or from Southern part of Nigeria. Based on observation, I have observed that those people selling this drinks and drugs don’t smoke or take this illicit drink. If these people selling these drugs are family men or women, I have also noticed that they don’t allow their children to consume this drink. These people are making good money from the stupidity of our youths.
I must commend the administration of the former Governor of Plateau State Sen. Jonah David Jang for putting up effort to bring the consumption of this killer drink to an end in the state. I feel that the effort by the former administration was not good enough to bring an end to the sell and consumption of Goskolo. I believe we they youths on the Plateau did not support Baba on this mission. I feel it is time for we the youths to take the Bull by the horn to see to it that this killer drink disappears from our streets and market. I will also love to use this medium to call on our lawmakers to propose a bill prohibiting the sell and consumption of this drink and anyone found going contrary to this should be punished accordingly.
Another alarming issue that is bothering me is the act of cowardliness by our youths. Do you know why some of us don't blink anymore at the Fulani herdsmen activities and never talk about it? I cannot be crying more than the bereaved. I cringe every time the "bomb goes boom" then I weep for the dead and moved on. The Plateau youths are the blankest people I know. My apologies to the few sensible ones first of all if there are any. Your number is being reduced drastically and under your watch Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen snatched the first and the fourth position as the most deadly terror groups in the world. Everybody call you names. Our daughters and son are being decimated by bombs or killed by Fulani herdsmen. You don't feel ashamed rather you....... READ MORE..http://jtownonline..com.ng/2016/09/an-open-letter-to-plateau-youths.html#more

1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Plateau Youths by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
What do u mean by igbos are selling u goskolo? angry

(1) (Reply)

AKSU Admission List (first Choice) 2016/2017 Is Out / Melaye Advocates Pardon For Treasury Looters, Militants / How Iran Betrayed Our Diplomatic Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.