Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

My First Week As Teacher - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My First Week As Teacher (18820 Views)

Earn Up To N50,000 A Week As A Driver Ambassador With Taxify Abuja / Earn Up To N150K A Week As An Uber Partner In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2016
.......so, I was tired of staying at home, and teaching was the only available job I could find after lots of efforts in getting a job through the likes of jobberman and co.

Believe me, if somebody prays for you that ''you'll be a teacher'', I'll rather advice you to pause and ask the person to ''explain'' the prayer, if after the explanation you agree to the terms, you can then say ''amen''.
I began this job this Monday, I'm teaching PHYSICS and MATHS for senior secondary, and COMPUTER for Junior secondary. I take at least six periods per day, and the pay is 20K.
Don't let's talk about the attitude of the owner of the school, that alone is a 20unit course!

with the little I've seen, I can say that majority of teachers are just managing.
I obviously know that there might be no ''easy'' job, but this particular one no be here o.
fellow teachers in here, how many courses and periods do you take, and whats your take home. I wanna know if this''job'' is ''okay'' .

finally, abeg..... I dey find JOB ooo!
I get upper credit, HND.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Cutehector(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2016
People are doin serious manual labor and are earning peanuts, you are just imparting knowledge with voice and are complaining..

7 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by funnynation(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2016
The work load is very heavy compare to the amount. In Abuja here, most schools pay very well and your work load will be less.. Divine Mercy in Asokoro.. Graduate 60k and above and you will take only one class..

Quote of the day_
Before you give up on life just take a look
at the hair around your anus, despite their
environment and Condition, they still
grow.

*Nairaland official comedian* *Irep042*
*AbjFinestMC* *CFR*

6 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
People are doin serious manual labor and are earning peanuts, you are just imparting knowledge with voice and are complaining..
Ah! Manual labour bawo That's why I went to school in the first place, so that I dont end up a labourer. You only
Just need to know how much these school owners gain from students, and then compare it to what the main ''actors'' the teachers collect.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 9:01am On Sep 24, 2016
funnynation:
The work load is very heavy compare to the amount. In Abuja here, most schools pay very well and your work load will be less.. Divine Mercy in Asokoro.. Graduate 60k and above and you will take only one class..
Jesus!!! Just imagine!
I'm sure I'm not gonna stay long here.... If it doesn't improve soon, I'm moving on.

3 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Cutehector(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Ah! Manual labour bawo That's why I went to school in the first place, so that I dont end up a labourer. You only
Just need to know how much these school owners gain from students, and then compare it to what the main ''actors'' the teachers collect.
isn't it easy? Make a survey of how much each student pay... correlate it with textbook supplies and stationeries, school uniforms, cost of running fuel, salary of teachers annually, payout period for capital in building the school.

By the time you"ve correlated all these things with the school's income, then you can actually tell if your salary is ok or not.

5 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by sammysunny88: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:
.......so, I was tired of staying at home, and teaching was the only available job I could find after lots of efforts in getting a job through the likes of jobberman and co.

Believe me, if somebody prays for you that ''you'll be a teacher'', I'll rather advice you to pause and ask the person to ''explain'' the prayer, if after the explanation you agree to the terms, you can then say ''amen''.
I began this job this Monday, I'm teaching PHYSICS and MATHS for senior secondary, and COMPUTER for Junior secondary. I take at least six periods per day, and the pay is 20K.
Don't let's talk about the attitude of the owner of the school, that alone is a 20unit course!

with the little I've seen, I can say that majority of teachers are just managing.
I obviously know that there might be no ''easy'' job, but this particular one no be here o.
fellow teachers in here, how many courses and periods do you take, and whats your take home. I wanna know if this''job'' is ''okay'' .

I get upper credit, HND.
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

WHAT IF U THINK IT WILL NOT WORK AND WHAT IF IT WORK;
The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
As we were walking away like
a magician, others who saw some cash I had withdrawn
broke away from the initial queue and rushed to that machine.
Why did I tell you this experience?
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
2. People refused to try because 'somebody' somewhere said it won't work.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
5. People ask this question because they don't want to take risks.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.
Therefore, stop believing 'the somebody' that asks 'what if it doesn't work?'
Ask another question: 'What if it works?'
Never allow anybody to discourage you

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My First Week As Teacher by veekid(m): 10:37am On Sep 24, 2016
Teaching is not an easy job; but the pay na just shikinni pay

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by jahsson(m): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2016
Re: My First Week As Teacher by supereagle(m): 10:39am On Sep 24, 2016
Endurance
Re: My First Week As Teacher by badassProdigy(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2016
uhmm... make i take seat
Re: My First Week As Teacher by omoikea(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2016
that's way too low compared to the work load....

how u wan take start life with 20k

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by beautiful232(f): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2016
I won't even advice my enemy,that's if I have any to do teaching job

my question is....why pay teachers low salaries

meka why
Re: My First Week As Teacher by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:

You call impacting KNOWLEDGE mere..? SMH

8 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by dadebayo1(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

I get upper credit, HND.

My brother relax and enjoy the job... Sincerely you will eventually derive so much joy in impacting knowledge on students... The reward can not be quantified in terms of money... I am an education officer and I must confess I enjoy doing the job because of the feedback from students.... There is so much joy when you even meet students you taught who are now responsible men and women in the society.. Believe me some of my students are even on nairaland grin just look beyond the pay and enjoy it while it last.... All the best

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My First Week As Teacher by queenmonalisa01: 10:46am On Sep 24, 2016
just manage the one you have first while searching for another. trust me there are no easy job out there.

6 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by lilmax(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2016
teaching is not my thing

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by gurunlocker: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

WHAT IF U THINK IT WILL NOT WORK AND WHAT IF IT WORK;
The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
As we were walking away like
a magician, others who saw some cash I had withdrawn
broke away from the initial queue and rushed to that machine.
Why did I tell you this experience?
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
2. People refused to try because 'somebody' somewhere said it won't work.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
5. People ask this question because they don't want to take risks.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.
Therefore, stop believing 'the somebody' that asks 'what if it doesn't work?'
Ask another question: 'What if it works?'
Never allow anybody to discourage you

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.

God bless you / X500...... You just made my week, I mean this makes a lot of sense to me

5 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by lonelydora: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2016
Sorry bro. My bible says " forget not your days of little beginning" and also " God lifts people from the dustbin".

Your miracle shall come one day.

3 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Rapmoney(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2016
There are youths who still depend on their parents for money to cut hair...they will still invade this thread to shout 'I can never do that'!!! Hunger never beat you. By the time hunger show you weeeen, you go know say life no be joke! Op, keep doing the job till you find a better one. If you leave it with nothing to fall back on, nobody and I repeat, nobody on this forum will offer you a penny. Be wise!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Histrings08(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2016
I'm avoiding that job like a plague... Cos d workload doesn't commensurate wif the take home at the end of d day.. Buh man gotta love sha
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Pavore9: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2016
See it as your first step of the ladder.

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Seun4FastLoans(f): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2016
I'd rather stick to my marketing job than do teaching job with 20k salary. I work hard and earn great commission plus salary. God is with you. Start extra lesson for your students

4 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by abbahlovethchi: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2016
question.Do you study education? anyway for u to make,u must start small.benefits-to improve CV,re fresh knowledge. without experience, no govt job.stay there to look for better place. teaching is enjoyable. East here dey pay 12,15,18,10,20k.private schools are the same.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by telemapreye1(f): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2016
I'm a teacher..the pay isn't worth it but I love those kids like kilode

5 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by lonelydora: 10:55am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Jesus!!! Just imagine!
I'm sure I'm not gonna stay long here.... If it doesn't improve soon, I'm moving on.

Catoky school, Abacha road, PH pays like 80k. Salvation ministries school starts with 40k, and you have accommodation if you wish to. Some in Salvation are earning like 110k.,
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2016
I keep telling people, teaching can't pay bills, it's not for a man that has plan of hitting big.

Teaching should be for ladies, whose financial pressure is low..

But, it's still better than doing nothing..

Have other plans, or you end up broke, and wasted in life.

Even the so called big school, pay peanuts compared to the school fees..
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Maxcollins042(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2016
selfmadeOLX:

You call impacting KNOWLEDGE mere..? SMH
He doesn't have an idea
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Temmytea70(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2016
I started teaching this week too.... Physics only though ..... Me dat I'm still complaining about my pay self even though it's still more dan yours
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Maxcollins042(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2016
What annoys me is that most of this private schools are taking advantage of the situation in the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? / Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria / OpenAI (ChatGPT) Sacks Sam Altman (CEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.