Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

My First Week As Teacher - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My First Week As Teacher (18798 Views)

Earn Up To N50,000 A Week As A Driver Ambassador With Taxify Abuja / Earn Up To N150K A Week As An Uber Partner In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Week As Teacher by lawnreigh(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Yomieluv:
I keep telling people, teaching can't pay bills, it's not for a man that has plan of hitting big.

Teaching should be for ladies, whose financial pressure is low..

But, it's still better than doing nothing..

Have other plans, or you end up broke, and wasted in life.

Even the so called big school, pay peanuts compared to the school fees..
The words seems harsh but its the reality, teaching is restrictive(working experience not useful in other sectors) and the pay is low, I was once a teacher before God rescued me coupled with unendless striving and hardwork to leave the job. People console themselves with been happy when you see yourself impacting lifes but the fact is that who doesn‘t want to grow big in life & career?? I prefer to be at the front sit in life and grow big than saying that trash. As for the Op start planning your exit from this moment on, enjoy it while it last and do all your best to get an alternative soon

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
lawnreigh:
The words seems harsh but its the reality, teaching is restrictive(working experience not useful in other sectors) and the pay is low, I was once a teacher before God rescued me coupled with unendless striving and hardwork to leave the job. People console themselves with been happy when you see yourself impacting lifes but the fact is that who doesn‘t want to grow big in life & career?? I prefer to be at the front sit in life and grow big than saying that trash. As for the Op start planning your exit from this moment on, enjoy it while it last and do all your best to get an alternative soon
Thanks...I never intend staying long in the class room by God's grace. But my question is....''how does one switch tothe main sstream jobs, knowing that teaching adds practically little to the skills, experiences needed outside there''. Gathering money to self sponsor a programme is another issue.
Can you please help with that....perhaps from your experience.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by jamst2(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
ah! Teaching job is one of the most frustrating work in nigeria...the only thing that can keep u up is adding some minial work like home tutorial & some paying weekend work e.g labourer
Re: My First Week As Teacher by gibzzhd: 2:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
I started with 20k after service now I'm at an international school were I'm paid #80k.my previous experience help me get this one.so just keep working hard,get extra lessons to boast ur pay.one day the lord will smile on you.it ain't easy be patient

2 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by ehix89(m): 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:
.......so, I was tired of staying at home, and teaching was the only available job I could find after lots of efforts in getting a job through the likes of jobberman and co.

Believe me, if somebody prays for you that ''you'll be a teacher'', I'll rather advice you to pause and ask the person to ''explain'' the prayer, if after the explanation you agree to the terms, you can then say ''amen''.
I began this job this Monday, I'm teaching PHYSICS and MATHS for senior secondary, and COMPUTER for Junior secondary. I take at least six periods per day, and the pay is 20K.
Don't let's talk about the attitude of the owner of the school, that alone is a 20unit course!

with the little I've seen, I can say that majority of teachers are just managing.
I obviously know that there might be no ''easy'' job, but this particular one no be here o.
fellow teachers in here, how many courses and periods do you take, and whats your take home. I wanna know if this''job'' is ''okay'' .

finally, abeg..... I dey find JOB ooo!
I get upper credit, HND.
Why note do the home lesson thing, it pays better with less stress.... with 4 to 5 kids you could earn up to a 100k and you'll have time to hunt for your dream job, my thought
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
ehix89:
Why note do the home lesson thing, it pays better with less stress.... with 4 to 5 kids you could earn up to a 100k and you'll have time to hunt for your dream job, my thought
Hmmmn, That's another long story....I tried that earlier this year, even went as far as getting banners around. Not a single call came in, but I discovered that it was when this buhari's regime began to eat deep into people's pockets.
Only if I can convince a couple of students in the school....hopefully the school schedule doesn't disturb.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by lawnreigh(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Thanks...I never intend staying long in the class room by God's grace. But my question is....''how does one switch tothe main sstream jobs, knowing that teaching adds practically little to the skills, experiences needed outside there''. Gathering money to self sponsor a programme is another issue.
Can you please help with that....perhaps from your experience.
Never get comfortable and always do things that will add value to your life which might be in form of passion, learning new skill and all that. Teaching gives you time so make use of it and your weekends as well. Skill gets you jobs faster than certificate, so get a skill(not paper certifications o) that will compliment your certificate which might land you a job in the long run

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by AdexAbbey(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

WHAT IF U THINK IT WILL NOT WORK AND WHAT IF IT WORK;
The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
As we were walking away like
a magician, others who saw some cash I had withdrawn
broke away from the initial queue and rushed to that machine.
Why did I tell you this experience?
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
2. People refused to try because 'somebody' somewhere said it won't work.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
5. People ask this question because they don't want to take risks.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.
Therefore, stop believing 'the somebody' that asks 'what if it doesn't work?'
Ask another question: 'What if it works?'
Never allow anybody to discourage you

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.

08069783049... Lets discuss...
Re: My First Week As Teacher by sirnoah(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people makin

bro pls here Is my no 08060356839, u cn add mi up...am interested in ur networking biz
Re: My First Week As Teacher by sirnoah(m): 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.

08060356839...add mi up
Re: My First Week As Teacher by 3sexy: 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ur salary cannot be higher than the tuition fee of a school , some people here are saying ,they are being paid 60k 100k , 120k, its obvious that those schools are expensive, so pls mange until u get a better job, its not so easy for school owners , u won't understand .
Re: My First Week As Teacher by emmydollars4life(m): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
People are doin serious manual labor and are earning peanuts, you are just imparting knowledge with voice and are complaining..
I guess you are a director of a school
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Theultimate(m): 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:
.......so, I was tired of staying at home, and teaching was the only available job I could find after lots of efforts in getting a job through the likes of jobberman and co.

Believe me, if somebody prays for you that ''you'll be a teacher'', I'll rather advice you to pause and ask the person to ''explain'' the prayer, if after the explanation you agree to the terms, you can then say ''amen''.
I began this job this Monday, I'm teaching PHYSICS and MATHS for senior secondary, and COMPUTER for Junior secondary. I take at least six periods per day, and the pay is 20K.
Don't let's talk about the attitude of the owner of the school, that alone is a 20unit course!

with the little I've seen, I can say that majority of teachers are just managing.
I obviously know that there might be no ''easy'' job, but this particular one no be here o.
fellow teachers in here, how many courses and periods do you take, and whats your take home. I wanna know if this''job'' is ''okay'' .

I get upper credit, HND.
As a science teacher, mostly teaching Maths, Physics and Computer as it's said by you.
In fact, you're a king if it's an area where parents value education. You can get Xtra double (even triple) of that payment from Extra Coaching or Home Lessons.
#that's_a_bitter_truth........talking from experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Gabbyraze(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
Oga u b jjc,so watch and learn. If u are smart,within a short while u will have like 3 or 4 students who u will b taking private lessons and that will greatly improve your financial well being. If u go dull,guy work no dey 9ja o and you gotta learn to complain less and plan more

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by emmydollars4life(m): 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
dadebayo1:

My brother relax and enjoy the job... Sincerely you will eventually derive so much joy in impacting knowledge on students... The reward can not be quantified in terms of money... I am an education officer and I must confess I enjoy doing the job because of the feedback from students.... There is so much joy when you even meet students you taught who are now responsible men and women in the society.. Believe me some of my students are even on nairaland grin just look beyond the pay and enjoy it while it last.... All the best
So your students been in Nairaland is achievement, kuntnue.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by MrImole: 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Leward(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=sammysunny88 post=49627853] word!! Pls I want to know you, moving with the right pple begins like this 08176221697
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

Re: My First Week As Teacher by GoldenJulius(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
Op e be like say we dey the same bus, but na front sit i dey.
Got a teaching job also, am taking 3 commercial subjects from ss1 -ss3. My brother e no easy faa, making research, writing lesson notes, getting instructional materials for every topic(its a must in my school), dressing like a banker(but earning peanut),etc.
My brother keep praying, someday God will exalt us.
Abeg fellow teachers make una whatsapp me, maybe we fit share some experience and skills on teaching. 08068901964

2 Likes

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Princealex1(m): 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

Re: My First Week As Teacher by kollytin(m): 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

Re: My First Week As Teacher by cotmag(m): 3:01am On Sep 25, 2016
sammysunny88:

Re: My First Week As Teacher by adewhaleK(m): 3:58am On Sep 25, 2016
Teaching is not a job but to keep yourself busy at the moment why you source for other means of making life easy: I'm a living witness of taking teaching job to avoid insult were you stay. Believe me if u're willing and obedient you will eat the good part. Do you know you can make just #100,000 from that teaching job in a month......................see the breakdown your Basic salary is #20k; get just 20 students extra lesson #2k per month that's #80k for two month
(2000 X 20 X 2 + 20000) = 100,000K
Now 100,000k x 3=300,000k that's hardwork in 3months

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by davidif: 4:00am On Sep 25, 2016
Interesting thread.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by ochobaba(m): 6:17am On Sep 25, 2016
anochuko01:

I get upper credit, HND.

in my school you earn 500 per period now multiply that with all the period you have
Re: My First Week As Teacher by emmydollars4life(m): 6:20am On Sep 25, 2016
sammysunny88:
I can introduce to networke marketing business that pays very well without buying and selling. No target to meet, no time limit, no monthly purchase of product, no stress, no rush and is very real. The company gives out awards to over 600 distributors twice a year ( may and November) and they monetize their awards. First award~ 700k second award~N2.8m third award~N5m fourth award~N6m fifth award~N9m sixth award~N20m. And all this can be achieve if u bcome the member of the company with just #3,200 as ur registration. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication and I will get back to you with full details of this company.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by dadebayo1(m): 6:22am On Sep 25, 2016
emmydollars4life:

So your students been in Nairaland is achievement, kuntnue.
guess you turned a blind eye to the fact that I kept a grin at the back of the sentence where I typed my students are even on nairaland.. If you could not read and understand the grin behind what I wrote then Goodluck to you and take your frustrations elsewhere...
Re: My First Week As Teacher by emmydollars4life(m): 6:37am On Sep 25, 2016
eojepa:
[color=#000099][/color]teaching is a thing of the mind. its really not easy trying to make a student understand a particular theory. The take home is quite poor but with time, you will be upgraded. I started from 20k to be at 40k after 2 years. no b beans! Even with the 40k sef, can't get married, no good accommodation, nor even a higher certificate. When it eats deep into you, you wont be able to leave for greener pasture because of fear of losing the one at hand. Dear! run if u can or end up like me. Even with my 2.1 for physics, i still d suffer. The Nigerian factor, dont want to talk about it.
Bro ur starting doesn't mean you will end up there, see urself like somebody that is unemployed, don't be comfortable with that under paid job, since 2013 I have been avoiding this kind of work cause some of them will not give you time to search around. But recently I secured 70k job, I am still applying for Fcsc there using our office system. What I mean here, you should not be comfortable in ur position till you get a nice place.

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by emmydollars4life(m): 6:39am On Sep 25, 2016
dadebayo1:
guess you turned a blind eye to the fact that I kept a grin at the back of the sentence where I typed my students are even on nairaland.. If you could not read and understand the grin behind what I wrote then Goodluck to you and take your frustrations elsewhere...
Bro I am not frustrated.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Franklerry: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2016
French is ok cos nigeria is surrounded by french countries and hardly u wil see a school that dnt need french teacher
Re: My First Week As Teacher by islamics(m): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2016
funnynation:

are u good in practical aspect? Core x6, excel and word
Please is there vacancy? Though I am not too good with Corel draw but good with excel and word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Become A Registered Nigerian engineer / Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria / OpenAI (ChatGPT) Sacks Sam Altman (CEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.