Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

“Buhari Specializes In Vengeance, While The Economy Is Reduced To Nothing” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Buhari Specializes In Vengeance, While The Economy Is Reduced To Nothing” (398 Views)

Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics / Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“Buhari Specializes In Vengeance, While The Economy Is Reduced To Nothing” by dejavumag(m): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Hon. Joseph Iranola Akinlaja, Member representing Ondo West and East Federal Constituency at the hallowed Green Chamber of National Assembly recently had an exclusive chat with Daramola Bolaji, Osungbemiro Bankole and Adegunloye Kayode of EkimogunMirror.com.

In the interview, Honourable Akinlaja dwelled on some fundamental issues; his performance as a member House Representatives, the present state of the nation’s economy and his advice on the way forward, his assessment of the present APC led Federal Government, the benefits of voting Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) in the November 26th election amongst other issues.

What should the people of your Constituency expect during your second tenure as MHR?[b][/b]

Well you already know that am not the first and by God's grace I won't be the last but I have tried my best possible to impact positively in my constituency Ondo East and West in my first term in office from 2011 to 2016, now am in the 2nd term. The first term I did a lot of projects. I decided to lighten up rural communities, if you get to Bolorunduro, Oboto, Lomitoto you see solar power. The general hospital in Ondo town, I put the solar power very close to the mortuary so that Ghosts won't come and frighten the people (He joked). The place used to be very dark at nights and when I got there I felt it's not nice because people sleep there with their patients and relatives, they shouldn't be bitten by snakes so I put the solar power there.

Then I also repaired some schools in some areas that their schools are dilapidated. In Bagbe area I constructed solar power boreholes and also repaired some schools even at Erinketa here in Ondo. While I was young we used to fetch water at a stream called Okuudu now they drink clean water. At some point I also organised skill acquisition for the people both young and old. They make tie and die and so on. I didn't stop at that, I gave them 80,000 naira each and they had the training and I also empowered them.

So anywhere in the constituency both in the rural and urban I have tried to impact their lives. My people should even expect more during this new terms as we have loads of project to keep improving lives.

[b][/b]Read the concluding part of the interview on www.ekimogunmirror.com

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Crisis: Oyo Assembly Directs Commissioners To Submit / EFCC Returns Sylva’s ’48 Houses’ Seized Under Jonathan / Faceoff: Tinubu Bombs Buhari, Says “you Didnt Merit To Be President'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.