Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) (34753 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode At The Experience 2017 / Gbajabiamila Distributes 501 E-learning Tablets To Students In Surulere(photos) / Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
The entertainer comes politician represented the state Governor in surulere at the opening of a street at Aguda, LCDA. He took to his IG to post the photos and wrote;
A Privilege to represent my Governor Akinwunmi Ambode @akinwunmiambode at the street opening at Opere st coker/Aguda lcda..present at the tape cutting are Mr Temitope Yussuf sole administrator coker/Aguda, Mrs Sherifa Dosunmu from the ministry of local government ,and leader in surulere Col Ajala (ret).

Photos below…

http://lifedrama.com.ng/desmond-elliot-represented-gov-ambode-in-surulere-lagos-see-photos/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by CACAWA(m): 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
lol
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
All these fanfare because of a "street" undecided

Spend 3million on development and 12million for entertainment when commissioning that same project! #jokers

oh and Desmond easy with the dirt's, you are beginning to look like a P*g

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
One bill you never sponsor, motion ree, you no move. Na to dey do boy - boy for @)akinambode you sabi. Carry all the bia-bia wey madam for put under for face

13 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by AlphaCentauri: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2016
grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2016
Watch as the Biafrans masturbate over this thread as if their entire 5 states is as rich as ikeja local government

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2016
To patch a road in a street is now news in Nigeria?

Chai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Femich18(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2016
No big deal in that ..he's representing Lere in the house so its normal
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2016
so what's the big news here.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by BackToLife: 9:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2016
bbmpin:

Spend 3million on development and 12million for entertainment when commissioning that same project! #jokers

Real jokers, I swear. angry
Meanwhile street opening is the work of the LGAs oh.

CONSTITUTION OF THE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Fourth Schedule
Functions of a Local Government Council

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:

(a) the consideration and the making of recommendations to a State commission on economic planning or any similar body on -
(i) the economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the areas of authority of the council and of the State are affected, and
(ii) proposals made by the said commission or body;
(b) collection of rates, radio and television licences;
(c) establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;
(d) licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;
(e) establishment, maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public conveniences;
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;
(i) registration of all births, deaths and marriages;

(j) assessment of privately owned houses or tenements for the purpose of levying such rates as may be prescribed by the House of Assembly of a State; and

(k) control and regulation of -

(i) out-door advertising and hoarding,
(ii) movement and keeping of pets of all description,
(iii) shops and kiosks,
(iv) restaurants, bakeries and other places for sale of food to the public,
(v) laundries, and
(vi) licensing, regulation and control of the sale of liquor.

2. The functions of a local government council shall include participation of such council in the Government of a State as respects the following matters -

the provision and maintenance of primary, adult and vocational education;
(b) the development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of materials
(c) the provision and maintenance of health services; and
(d) such other functions as may be conferred on a local government council by the House of Assembly of the State.

Source: http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/documents/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by shaddoww: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2016
These are new roads with 9m width n a length of 500m above, with walk ways n street lights. But some people whose governor hasn't even patched a pot-hole will b here condemning.

8 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:10am On Sep 25, 2016
Femich18:
No big deal in that ..he's representing Lere in the house so its normal

How many legislative Bills has he sponsored to address issues in his constituency abi na wetin be the work of a LAWMAKER

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:12am On Sep 25, 2016
shaddoww:
These are new roads with 9m width n a length of 500m above, with walk ways n street lights. But some people whose governor hasn't even patched a pot-hole will b here condemning.

Is that not the work of the LGA
If the lawmaker has any sense he will be making a law to ensure the elections for LGA are held regularly instead of having directionless Caretaker committee people run the place.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3504410_internet_jpeg8efe841e125b21f5a740dc528a146d09

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2016
Hail the next Governor of Lagos state. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Femich18(m): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2016
anonimi:

How many legislative Bills has he sponsored to address issues in his constituency abi na wetin be the work of a LAWMAKER

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Dont ask me a foolish question..did I tell you I stay in Lere ..you can go and ask his constituency that... ask me about Hon Lanre Ogunyemi and Hon David Setonji

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:17am On Sep 25, 2016
Yorubamafia:
Watch as the Biafrans masturbate over this thread as if their entire 5 states is as rich as ikeja local government

How has the riches of Lagos state helped it when we have the deprived citizens hailing, worshiping and adoring their elected public servants who defile and loot them mercilessly?
Is that reasonable

Lawmaker scores Lagos Water Corporation low

A Lagos State lawmaker, Mr Saka Fafunmi, on Thursday expressed dissatisfaction at the performance of the state Water Corporation.

Fafunmi, a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly (LAHA), said in Ikeja that the corporation had not been able to justify statutory allocations to it.

The lawmaker, who represents Ifako-Ijaiye Constituency 1 at the assembly, spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

He said that the corporation had the capacity to generate much fund internally through water rates but had relied solely on government funding because of poor performance.

'' Anyone that is using water will be willing to pay for it; the corporation has not been giving us water.

"Is there any new community that Water Corporation has given water? People depend on boreholes; even government estates have industrial boreholes.

"Why do we keep pumping money into an agency that does not give us the desired results?'' he asked.

He noted that the Adiyan Waterworks was located at Ifako-Ijaiye, where many of the residents had resorted to digging boreholes as a means of getting water.

''A lot of people are falling sick because they don't drink clean water.

''In the same compound, where you have sewage, is where you have a borehole.

''There is no way you can manage the sewage that it will not leak and pollute the water; everyone drinking such is drinking contaminated water,'' he said.

The lawmaker urged the corporation to increase water reticulation and supply to residents.

From: http://www.punchng.com/politics/lawm...rporation-low/

[img]http://yemitom.files./2012/12/mai-ruwa.png?w=546[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3928528_screenshot20160702074507_jpegb6ef54648b853c62b9f490825c47c180

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2016
Femich18:
Dont ask me a foolish question..did I tell you I stay in Lere ..you can go and ask his constituency that... ask me about Hon Lanre Ogunyemi and Hon David Setonji

Since you have asked about those two, how many Bills have they sponsored to address issues in YOUR constituency?
I am sure that you are smart enough to answer easily, not so

During his first years as a state senator, Obama was a co-sponsor of a bill that re-structured the Illinois welfare program into the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. He also helped get various pieces of legislation that established a $100 million Earned Income Tax Credit for working families, increased child care subsidies for low-income families, and required advance notice before mass layoffs and plant closings passed.

Extracted from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_Senate_career_of_Barack_Obama

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2016
iFuck:
Hail the next Governor of Lagos state. grin

Keep hailing oh bros as dem they steal our present and future dey go.
What a nice display of intelligence. angry shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

chosen6:
Lagos ranks world’s 3rd worst city to live in

A report released  yesterday by The Economist Intelligence Unit ranked Lagos as the third worst city to live, maintaining its position at the lowest rungs of the Global Liveability index.

Several other global reports had also said that Lagos, with a population of over 22 million, would in the next few years, become the 4th mega city in the world, with a population of over 30 million.

The city placed 138th out of the 140 cities ranked in the latest liveability survey, just above war-ravaged Tripoli and Damascus.

“Of the poorer-scoring cities, 13 continue to occupy the very bottom tier of liveability, where ratings fall below 50 percent and most aspects of living are severely restricted.

“Continued threats from groups like Boko Haram acts as a constraint to improving stability in Lagos,’’ the report stated.

Escalations in hostilities in Libya prompted a sharp decline in liveability in Tripoli, according to the report, while Damascus, although seeing a stabilisation in its decline, remained rooted to the bottom.

The top five best countries to live in, according to the report, remain unchanged from last year and they include Melbourne, Australian; Vienna, Austria; Vancouver, Canada; Toronto, Canada; and Calgary, Canada.

The liveability survey assesses which locations around the world provide the best or the worst living conditions across five broad categories, including stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.

Lagos scored highest in culture and environment, followed by infrastructure. It scored lowest in stability.

Three other African cities joined Lagos at the bottom rung of the liveable cities, including Douala, Cameroon; Harare, Zimbabwe; and Algiers, Algeria; ranking 132nd, 133rd, and 134th respectively.

While no African city made it to the top 10 most liveable cities, five were in the 10 least liveable cities.

Steve Ayorinde, Lagos State Commissioner for Information, could not be reached for comments last night as phone calls and text messages to his mobile number yielded no response. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/lagos-ranks-worlds-3rd-worst-city-live/

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2016
Eko for show
Itesiwaju eko lo je wa logun
#ProudlyLagosian

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by cyberdurable(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:
The entertainer [size=15pt]comes[/size] politician represented the state Governor in surulere at the opening of a street at Aguda, LCDA. He took to his IG to post the photos and wrote;
A Privilege to represent my Governor Akinwunmi Ambode @akinwunmiambode at the street opening at Opere st coker/Aguda lcda..present at the tape cutting are Mr Temitope Yussuf sole administrator coker/Aguda, Mrs Sherifa Dosunmu from the ministry of local government ,and leader in surulere Col Ajala (ret).
Photos below…
http://lifedrama.com.ng/desmond-elliot-represented-gov-ambode-in-surulere-lagos-see-photos/

comes everybody na blogger... Do you mean to say cum

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by twilliamx(m): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2016
bbmpin:

It is part of 114 streets to be commission by ambode, that's a good stride. You Nigerians are never satisfied, that why the country is like this.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2016
anonimi:

Keep hailing oh bros as dem they steal our present and future dey go.
What a nice display of intelligence. angry shocked

The lots of your kind will change for the better when you begin to identify a good leader and encourage him.

I follow Desmond Elliot on IG and know what he is about.

Not all politicians are rogues like you erroneously believe.

Even if he is, he has contributed well enough in the society to earn the spot he presently occupies.

So why don't the saintly you show us what you have contributed on Nairaland to start with. cool

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by osarenmwienda(f): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2016
that guy don't old finish...

na face I come look
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Jayjey(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
One bill you never sponsor, motion ree, you no move. Na to dey do boy - boy for @)akinambode you sabi. Carry all the bia-bia wey madam for put under for face

Na why o, Na wetin be ur basis for the criticism. Just give me genuine reasons, then I will rest my case.
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2016
iFuck:
The lots of your kind will change for the better when you begin to identify a good leader and encourage him.

I follow Desmond Elliot on IG and know what he is about.

Not all politicians are rogues like you erroneously believe.

Even if he is, he has contributed well enough in the society to earn the spot he presently occupies.

So why don't the saintly you show us what you have contributed on Nairaland to start with. cool

Are you saying that he is also a rogue but nevertheless he should get a free pass for being a rogue shocked
He is the PUBLIC servant who needs to be constantly scrutinised to ensure he EARNS all the big salary and priviledges he enjoys in the society as a result of his status.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by BE811APP: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2016
Nothing new
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by Femich18(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2016
anonimi:

Since you have asked about those two, how many Bills have they sponsored to address issues in YOUR constituency?
I am sure that you are smart enough to answer easily, not so

Hon Setonji is a first timer in the house and I know of 1 bill accredited to him which the people of badagry have started benefitting...
Hon Ogunyemi...he's a 2nd timer..I know of his 3..people of Ojo Constituency 2 should know better
Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by anonimi: 9:42am On Sep 25, 2016
Jayjey:
Na why o, Na wetin be ur basis for the criticism. Just give me genuine reasons, then I will rest my case.

He criticised the lawmaker for not sponsoring any Bill despite collecting multi millions of tax payers money monthly, not so?
If YOU know of any Bill that he has sponsored, it is up to you to share that information.
Easy

Meanwhile since you are defending him, do you know if the lawmaker has used his legislative platform and influence to ensure this school in his constituency is refurbished and provided adequate number of teachers and other staff as well as properly equipped thus creating EMPLOYMENT for many people there?

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Represents Ambode At A Street Opening In Surulere (Photos) by yemisat: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
To patch a road in a street is now news in Nigeria?

Chai
E pain you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Roads To Be Closed As President Buhari Visits Lagos On Wednesday / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.