Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

When Wedding Ring Stops Shining by Adebrave1 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Wedding Ring Stops Shining by Adebrave1 (756 Views)

Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Wedding Ring Stops Shining by Adebrave1 by adebrave1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
WHEN WEDDING RING STOPS SHINING

As a young lad, I have been inspired by the recent use of wedding rings among couples in the recent years, especially among the young couples; I have also been inspired by the different types of fanciful rings worn by these young couples.

I have also been inspired to check who has the best wedding ring and who wore it best. Similarly, I have increasingly been rummaging not to check anything rather to know who buys the most expensive ring. In all of this, I discovered that much attention had been given to the "ring" more than the “reason”. It's important to know that the ring came as a result of the wedding.
Let us simply put it as this, what is the ring? And what is the reason? The ring came into place as a result of the wedding which at a larger extent is as a result of the marriage vows exchanged between couples, so also the wedding rings are exchanged just to show the external sign of the intrinsic decision. The wedding ring is an outward sign of the inward grace received.

Just recently, I attended a family programme where various couples were awarded according to their wedding anniversary, to my greatest delight, a couple got the award of 68 years in marriage, as I geared up to appreciate God in their lives, I ensured the rummaging attitude was carried out as usual, but this time I was disappointed simply because I didn't find the wedding ring on them. 68 years of Marriage? No wedding rings? Why? All I could say to myself was "there is more to marriage than the wedding ring".

As the popular saying has it that “marriage is a covenant and not contract”, therefore spouses must look beyond the rings and focus on the covenant, this is more salient to aspiring youths and must always be at heart.

What happens to the marriage when the ring is lost in the process of perhaps serious crisis or mishap? Do they walk down the aisle "again" to get another? Or do we stop been committed to our vows? Or should that give room to cheat?! *NO! NO! NO!* Life goes on and indeed the bond must be stronger.

In conclusion, our marriage vows and commitments should not be laid on *rings* only but the *Heart*. The wedding ring might be obsolete but never the vows.

Adenusi Hammed

2016/09/24

Re: When Wedding Ring Stops Shining by Adebrave1 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
I think that the ring is actually a symbol of the covenant between the couple. It acts as a symbol of unavailability. That "I am already taken" thing. It is true that just putting on a piece of metal on our fingers cannot substitute for all the work we need to put in our marriage or even change the heart but I still believe that it has its merits.

1 Like

Re: When Wedding Ring Stops Shining by Adebrave1 by adebrave1(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
Treasuredlove:
I think that the ring is actually a symbol of the covenant between the couple. It acts as a symbol of unavailability. That "I am already taken" thing. It is true that just putting on a piece of metal on our fingers cannot substitute for all the work we need to put in our marriage or even change the heart but I still believe that it has its merits.

Well said

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Really Really Need Your Help. / Facts About The Female Gender / Lady Shares How Her Stoleniphone Was Returned After Her Parents Cursed The Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.